User Tag List

First 71516171819 Last

MBTI
    ENTP

Books are also the product of one mind, whereas even in the mode of the auteur filmmaker, films are essentially collaborations.
    "Create like a god, command like a king, work like a slave."

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    1w2 so/sx

That's true. You can't make a movie without someone else's input...

(Hey, your avatar suddenly turned half red. Just felt like a change?)

MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by fidelia View Post
    That's true. You can't make a movie without someone else's input...

(Hey, your avatar suddenly turned half red. Just felt like a change?)
    I change and shift my appearance. The core remains the same.
    "Create like a god, command like a king, work like a slave."

Ginkgo

Thank you.

Books

MBTI
    intp
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx

This thread is slightly hilarious.

I don't expect women to eat on the floor, as I am not to be expected to stand up as they enter the room.
    Sure, I can hold a door, or offer a seat, but there's no need to go into moronic extremes that benefit no one.

Though, I must say, this...
    Quote Originally Posted by am_i_evil666 View Post
    If these things are pointless, than you might as well teach your boys to beat up girls.
    ...made me suspect you may enjoy the undersides of bridges a little too much.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9w8
    Socionics
    INTj

Regardless of sex, age, religion, orientation, country of birth, taste in music... the lot. If you cannot exercise good manners then you're showing disrespect to others and will end up being treated with the same disregard. Conversely and equally if you cannot deal with people who don't show good manners then you are saying that everyone must comply with your values and are showing an equal disrespect and disregard.

As for the specifics of the OP, that's not really manners... he's just a dick. Sometimes the simple answer is well known because it's true.

As for opening doors for women, if I think they are less than capable I'm criticised but if I don't attempt to do everything for them, I'm criticised. You know what conclusion I came up with? If someone has the disrespect to expect me to perform for them with no reciprocal performance then they are inefficient in the head. If I'm expected to open doors then they are expected to be wall flowers and nothing more. However without expectation I do tend to open the doors... it's a pride thing...
    Isn't it time for a colourful metaphor?

MBTI
    SEXY

Quote Originally Posted by am_i_evil666 View Post
    I am not happy with the manners of the society I have plunged into.
    Good manners seem to be forgotten nowadays. Is it that much to ask for a guy to open you the door or to actually know that he is to enter first into a restaurant? For a guy to know that he has to get up from a chair when a woman enters the room and how to properly receive guests? Not to be a "potty" mouth?

I don't feel that old-fashioned, just some recent experiences made me wonder what happened with good manners and why is it so hard to keep some values. Where is society going???
    It's called emancipation, women started it back in the sixties. People's norms and values change, accept it or go build a time machine and see if you can find some chivalry back in the middle ages.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    3w4?

Quote Originally Posted by Shimmy View Post
    It's called emancipation, women started it back in the sixties. People's norms and values change, accept it or go build a time machine and see if you can find some chivalry back in the middle ages.
    There was actually virtually none back then, it was an idealized concept but virtually noone actually followed it. It was just something said, not something done.

In terms of 'manners', they were originally developed by Louis XIV as a *WEAPON* along with fashion. Things've changed alot since then, but even so... there's alot of very old thought processes there that don't really apply anymore.

Anyways, I agree about the whole "poor guys..." sentiments. Yeu're damned if yeu do, damned if yeu don't. Sucks doesn't it? I'd personally say just follow the simple rule: do whot yeu expect others to do for yeu. If yeu don't expect people to just randomly give up their seat and stand while yeu sit, which personally makes me feel guilty as hell, then don't expect the same of them.

MBTI
    SEXY

Quote Originally Posted by Katsuni View Post
    There was actually virtually none back then, it was an idealized concept but virtually noone actually followed it. It was just something said, not something done.

In terms of 'manners', they were originally developed by Louis XIV as a *WEAPON* along with fashion. Things've changed alot since then, but even so... there's alot of very old thought processes there that don't really apply anymore.
    I KNOW! :P

this thread just went from fluff to really fluffy fluffy stuff.
    “Some people will tell you that slow is good – but I’m here to tell you that fast is better. I’ve always believed this, in spite of the trouble it’s caused me. Being shot out of a cannon will always be better than being squeezed out of a tube. That is why God made fast motorcycles, Bubba…”