User Tag List

First 31112131415 Last

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    1w2 so/sx

I'm not isolating him as the weakest. If someone comes to my house and they didn't have lunch and everyone else did, I'd probably offer them food first too.

Pumpernickel
    MBTI
    ENTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Synarch View Post
    Consideration is not about weakness. It's about recognizing your role.
    So it's all about YOU and not at all about the other person's comfort then.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    1w2 so/sx

Are you recommending checking with everyone whom you give your seat to whether they are worthy enough of your consideration? As stated before, you do it because you are a decent person, not necessarily because they are.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    1w2 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by justxher View Post
    I don't see how the two are mutually exclusive. It's your role in relation to the other person. You have something you can offer them.

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by Quinlan View Post
    Should you respect an old pedophile or murderer just because they are old?
    Wow, really? How in the world would you be able to tell that just from a busride?

No, it's about consideration for the OTHER person. He's recognizing that he has something he can offer that will make the other person feel valued. If the other person chooses to see it as a slight, that's on them. He cannot control whether they accept it.
    Something Witty

MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by Quinlan View Post
    Should you respect an old pedophile or murderer just because they are old?
    I suppose you could deny such a person if you had some magical ability to detect criminality. Any more inane questions?
    "Create like a god, command like a king, work like a slave."

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

Choosing to give one's seat to an elder should be viewed positively. However, choosing not to volunteer it should not be viewed negatively.
    Function Activity:
    Ni > Te > Ti = Fi > Ne > Si = Fe > Se

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    3w4?

Did you just group women with elderly and handicapped??

Psst, some of us don't want to be given "free stuff" or "special treatment".

Personally, I find it moreso offensive that someone would think I need or want this, and even MORESO that some women go off acting like they DESERVE freebies simply for being female.

I want to earn my place and know that I deserved it. That I have whot I have because I *SHOULD* have it.

That there's always a lingering in my mind that maybe I got it "just because I'm a girl" is something that bothers me to a great deal, and has led to my eventual attitude that I now absolutely refuse presents of any kind, or any help or charity, or benefit at all, even when I absolutely need it. I refused to even go on unemployment insurance when I lost my job due to medical issues... so yeah, the fact that people are doing crap like that has some pretty major rammifications for those who are trying very hard not to abuse it.

I consider it completely unfair to give free stuff to people simply because of how they were born. It's NOT giving free stuff to OTHER people because of how they were born. That's total sexism right there, not giving guys the same treatment, same as not giving women the same treatment. I just want to be viewed as 'just as good'. I want my value to come from my personal accomplishments. I'm sick and tired of the consistant pretense and belief that "well she probably didn't earn it and was just given it". It's annoying as hell and means I have to work twice as hard for the same level of TRUE respect... and it's really starting to get on my nerves at this point.

Seriously people, STOP GIVING WOMEN SPECIAL TREATMENT! We don't need it anymore, and the only reason we ever did in the first place was because of all the retarded restrictions placed on us in the first place. Give true equality, ditch the special treatment, both the 'good' and the 'bad'. Any specialized treatment is bad. Seriously, just let us be ourselves and treated properly.

I don't want yeu to hold the door open for me because "zomg teh bewbz!". Yeu should be holding the door open for EVERYONE simply because it's a nice thing to do >.<

I mean it though, drop this dumb belief in chivalry. It's a form of inequality. Let it just die already. The only reason it was ever polite was because women were "the weaker sex". Every time yeu hold the door open for one or let them take yeur seat on the bus, yeu're saying we're not as good as yeu are. STOP DOING IT.

The only people who are accepting of it, are the ones who either A: are mooching off yeu and don't deserve any benefit for being a greedy assed brat, or B: have just given up and put up with it, or C: just are airheaded and haven't put any thought into the concept at all or realized that for all the 'compliments and special treatment they get', it's not because they're worth anything, but most of the time just because they're female.

Seriously... just let me earn my bragging rights on my own. Forking a prize before I've even started the race just makes it feel cheap and hollow.

Note also, if yeu try to give me yeur seat on the bus, I'll flat out refuse. And will stand for the rest of the trip even if other seats become available just out of spite. Don't force me into this course of action, just let it be and I'll grab seats as they become available rawr.

MBTI
    ENTP

This might be one of those things where it will shape up to be adolescents vs. old fogies.

MBTI
    ENTP

I'd say you probably need to adjust your approach despite my age.
    How old are you? Nevermind. I looked at your profile.