First 5678 Last

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    7w8 sx/so
    Socionics
    SLE

Quote Originally Posted by paperoceans View Post
    Even in Miami there are hillbillies. I lived all over Florida: born and raised. Don't try to cover up Florida's true colors! It's just as much country as Alabama. Maybe a little smarter though, but not by much.

I hate Florida. It's too hot, racist, crime ridden, corrupt, hot, sharks and jelly fish everywhere, hot, sea lice, humid, hot, and did I say hot? California is superior to FL, don't make me laugh! FL feels like you're trapped in a sauna: sweaty and sticky... Ugh! Such a horrible feeling.
    You still haven't defined "hillbillies." Are hillbillies a form of undesirable person exclusive to the southeast? Or are there "hillbillies" in California/the west too? What differentiates California "hillbillies" from Florida "hillbillies?"

I'm not saying Florida is Paradise; I'm just saying it's nice to be here in the winter...

California and Florida share many of the same shortcomings, despite the differentials in relative atmospheric humidity.

Florida is actually about 4 years behind California with regard to occurrence of major criminal activities, such as gang violence and crystal meth manufacture/distribution.

Cost of living in California is ridiculous.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    xkcd
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/sp
    Socionics
    INT_

Hillbillies don't really live in FL, unless they relocate from elsewhere.

A hillbilly is a subset of redneck.

MBTI
    IsTP

Its a balmy, windy 31 degrees right now.

I hate scraping ice off my car. :steam:

We get those awesome desert winters with freezing ass cold and no snow. On the other hand it doesn't make winter driving so stressful.
    ...Then I ducked my head and the lights went out, and two guns blazed in the dark;
    And a woman screamed, and the lights went up, and two men lay stiff and stark...

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    3w4

Quote Originally Posted by Halla74 View Post
    Never mind the miserable summer we have from May until late September, the winters make up for it!
    Wait, when did Florida summers shorten? When I was there, it was hot enough to make you sweat from early March through early December. You only have about 3 months that aren't oppressively hot. Of those other three, you only get a couple days that even require a jacket. There's a reason the population didn't boom until A/C was common and affordable. People brag about the weather, but they go from house A/C, to car A/C, to office A/C, and so on.
    "We grow up thinking that beliefs are something to be proud of, but they're really nothing but opinions one refuses to reconsider. Beliefs are easy. The stronger your beliefs are, the less open you are to growth and wisdom, because "strength of belief" is only the intensity with which you resist questioning yourself. As soon as you are proud of a belief, as soon as you think it adds something to who you are, then you've made it a part of your ego."

MBTI
    INTP

How's winter going for other folks?
    It's 64F and sunny. Supposed to hit mid-70s today. The leaves are all at their peak of color. It's an all-around beautiful day.

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Lateralus View Post
    Wait, when did Florida summers shorten? When I was there, it was hot enough to make you sweat from early March through early December. You only have about 3 months that aren't oppressively hot. Of those other three, you only get a couple days that even require a jacket. There's a reason the population didn't boom until A/C was common and affordable. People brag about the weather, but they go from house A/C, to car A/C, to office A/C, and so on.
    Yeah. I think it's way too hot here most of the year. Our spring and winters are the best though.
    ~luck favors the ready~

Shameless Self-Promotion:MDP2525's Den and the Start of Motorcycle Maintenance

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    3w4

Quote Originally Posted by MDP2525 View Post
    Yeah. I think it's way too hot here most of the year. Our spring and winters are the best though.
    And those good months are overrun with tourists. So even if you do go outside, it's still not enjoyable.

And it's not so much that it's incredibly hot. Other parts of the US get hotter (for short periods of time). It's that there's never a reprieve. It's hot and humid every single day.
    "We grow up thinking that beliefs are something to be proud of, but they're really nothing but opinions one refuses to reconsider. Beliefs are easy. The stronger your beliefs are, the less open you are to growth and wisdom, because "strength of belief" is only the intensity with which you resist questioning yourself. As soon as you are proud of a belief, as soon as you think it adds something to who you are, then you've made it a part of your ego."

MBTI
    ENFJ
    Enneagram
    3w2

Snow?! Where???
    Utah. It snowed 2-3 wks ago 10 miles away, at a higher elevation, but this is the first real snow of the season here.

It was funny. I lived in central FL once, and people would get really excited and drive 4+ hours all the way up to the pan-handle just to see and inch of snow.

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Socionics
    ENTj

Yeah well it also snowed 20 miles from here a week ago, but at 2500 metres of elevation
    ENTj 7-3-8 sx/sp

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    7w8 sx/so
    Socionics
    SLE

Quote Originally Posted by FDG View Post
    Yeah well it also snowed 20 miles from here a week ago, but at 2500 metres of elevation
    LOL! I'll bet it snowed recently at the North Pole and in Antarctica too! Holy moley! "yim_rolling_on_the_