User Tag List

First 123

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    3w4?

I find the opposite to be true; if writing on paper, my writing speed is heavily limited, as I gain ideas, I spend too long trying to write them down and forget alot of them before I get it to paper. If I'm on a computer typing, I can type 4-5 times faster, allowing me to get the ideas I have out before they disappear forever.

morose bourgeoisie
    MBTI
    INFP

Quote Originally Posted by FDG View Post
    I notice that if I'm writing something either complex, or not strictly factual-mechanical, I fare a lot better when writing directly on paper rather than with the keyboard. Do you relate? What do you think could be the cause?

I was thinking that perhaps typewriting calls for more brainpower than handwriting, thus there is less room available for other thoughts.
    I cannot relate at all.
    Rather than making up a theory to explain something simple, try to practice typing more. I mean, a 10 year old child can do it, so why not you? Just have faith in yourself, YOU CAN DO IT! lol

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Um, no. I find typing to be second nature, though, the way some people see driving, so it doesn't take THAT much more brain power because it's not like I'm hunting and pecking.

When presented with a piece of paper and pen I often tend to doodle, scribble, make strange lists, write weird little things all over the paper - it's hard for me to stay organized at all. That might look more creative, I guess, but that's more like raw brainstorming.

I type much more quickly than I write, though, which is conducive to me getting the thoughts down fast, just as they're coming.

So, no, I really don't have that problem.

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Socionics
    ENTj

Quote Originally Posted by nebbykoo View Post
    I cannot relate at all.
    Rather than making up a theory to explain something simple, try to practice typing more. I mean, a 10 year old child can do it, so why not you? Just have faith in yourself, YOU CAN DO IT! lol
    Well, I type since I was 5, so that's not the problem.
    ENTj 7-3-8 sx/sp

The Duchess of Oddity Queen Kat's Avatar
    MBTI
    E.T.
    Enneagram
    7w8

Not anymore. I just need to put a gun to my head, get myself a fucking planning and stick to it.
    I was sitting outside the classroom waiting to go in, and I saw an airplane hit the tower. The TV was obviously on. I used to fly myself and I said, "There's one terrible pilot."
    - George W. Bush -

SCUAI - 7w8 sx/sp - Chaotic Evil - Fucking Cute - ALIVE

Blog. Read it, bitches.
    Questions? Click here
    If you don't agree about my MBTI type, you can complain about it here. I've had plenty of people telling me I'm something else, in my reputation box. That's annoying.

NPcomplete

When I write on paper, it's mostly for brainstorming purposes. There are always arrows everywhere, linking several things..little charts etc.

Typing, on the other hand, is more linear. I usually start typing after I've brainstormed. Of course I get more ideas even whilst typing, but since it's post-brainstorm and I already have a mental chart of the problem, I know where to put the new info.