User Tag List

First 123

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    8w9

I go outside. Everyday. And I take a multivitamin. That's it.
    I like to rock n' roll all night and *part* of every day. I usually have errands... I can only rock from like 1-3.

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    7w8 sx/so
    Socionics
    SLE

Quote Originally Posted by ceecee View Post
    I go outside. Everyday.
    I agree; I go outside whenever I can. Luckily, my new office has 3 huge windows that allow me to say the day pass by. I am very thankful for that. It's the first time I've had windows in my office for 7 years.

Part of a 94 page report I received from the Personality100: PhD-certified Personality Test test [which inevitably led me here, so now you know who to thank] had some universal advice for all human beings at the end. One of the recommendations for making life more fulfilling was to be outdoors more, longer and more often. The other that I can rememebr was to increase your interpersonal contacts, as people are getting isolated from "IRL" exposure to others in the Internet age.

...And I take a multivitamin. That's it.
    Centenarians have a few things in common. One is eating breakfast every day. The other, if I'm not mistaken is taking a multi-vitamin. I've also heard (but not verified) that introduction of a daily multi-vitamin to third world cultures remedies a malady of early life ailments, and also increases average height (increased bone strength?).

Quote Originally Posted by speculative View Post

The vitamin D is a good suggestion. I do have a multi-vitamin daily, but not sure about the vitamin D dose in it. I do take fish oil capsules too. So, I'm almost there but I will check into upping the D.
    The vitamin D is in cod liver oil.

However all fish oil is very good for you because it contains omega 3.

But it is cod liver oil, in capsule or liquid form, that contains vitamin D.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    8w9

Quote Originally Posted by Halla74 View Post

Centenarians have a few things in common. One is eating breakfast every day. The other, if I'm not mistaken is taking a multi-vitamin. I've also heard (but not verified) that introduction of a daily multi-vitamin to third world cultures remedies a malady of early life ailments, and also increases average height (increased bone strength?).
    Steel cut oats. I have a bowl or two every day for the last 10 years or so. And my doctor is on me to increase calcium intake since I'm now in my *ahem* fourth decade so I follow that up with an Activia and my vitamin.
    I like to rock n' roll all night and *part* of every day. I usually have errands... I can only rock from like 1-3.

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    7w8 sx/so
    Socionics
    SLE

Steel cut oats. I have a bowl or two every day for the last 10 years or so. And my doctor is on me to increase calcium intake since I'm now in my *ahem* fourth decade so I follow that up with an Activia and my vitamin.
    I didn't know you were 29 this year! Happy Birhtday! You're only 29 once, enjoy it!

I'm an 35 year old codger looking my 36th dead in the eye in a few months... :horor:

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    8w9

Quote Originally Posted by Halla74 View Post
    I didn't know you were 29 this year! Happy Birhtday! You're only 29 once, enjoy it!

I'm an 35 year old codger looking my 36th dead in the eye in a few months... :horor:
    It's not bad. I think turning 30 was much worse than turning 40. You couldn't pay me to return to my 20's though. Nooo way.

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    7w8 sx/so
    Socionics
    SLE

It's not bad. I think turning 30 was much worse than turning 40.
    I didn't even feel 30. I think I was still partially stoned from my twenties.

You couldn't pay me to return to my 20's though. Nooo way.
    NO FU*%ING WAY!!! I'm surprised I survived my 20s. I'm survived other people survived my 20s. Damn it! If I had 1/5 of the money I blew then now... Oh well, it was an awful lot of fun. Screw it.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5
    Socionics
    LoL

Quote Originally Posted by Victor View Post
    The vitamin D is in cod liver oil.

However all fish oil is very good for you because it contains omega 3.

But it is cod liver oil, in capsule or liquid form, that contains vitamin D.
    Thanks Victor; I'll check the capsules I have to see exactly what they're made from/what's in them. If they're not cod I'll scope out some cod capsules.
    "How can I be, all I want to be,
    When all I want to do is strip away these stilled constraints
    And crush this charade, shred this sad, masquerade"
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qGeq5v7L3WM

Steel cut oats.
    Yes, steel cut oats, or rolled oats as we call them, are interesting because they are also lightly steamed. So they are already cooked and all you have to do is add milk, hot or cold, or soy milk, or fruit juice for an instant meal.

However I prefer quick oats because they are cut finer and steamed longer, but without losing their nutrients.

I also sprinkle wheat germ and torula yeast on top with a dab of honey.

Quick oats are an instant, nutritious, pre-cooked breakfast.

It's been a while since I've been skiing, 2005... and it's gonna be this year that I actually ski again. I'm a hermit anyway, though.