User Tag List

MBTI
    ENTP

Default The "Improving already-existing things" thread

Everyone: Talk about a way that you think an already-existing thing could be improved.
    Everyone: Discuss them!

Doesn't matter how big or small the change is, or how common or uncommon the thing is.

My random thought for now: Thermoses/coffee-cups should have some sort of hotness gauge, so you know when to drink your coffee. I always either drink it too early and destroy my tongue, or too late and have to chug down lukewarm coffee.

Another random thought: Soda companies should market soda bottles that are half-n-half (for example: half coke half sprite). The sodas would be separated into different halves of the bottle, and you could choose which comes out.
    The probability that I was procrastinating when I was typing this post:

P(have big assignment due) = 0.6
    P(posting on TypoC) = 0.2
    P(having big assignment due | posting on TypoC) = 0.7

P(posting on TypoC | having big assignment due) = .......

Eh, I'll finish it later.

MBTI
    ENTP

Random thought 3: Whiteboards should have a side-button that you can push that dispenses whiteboard cleaner onto the board, similar to the windshield cleaner button in cars.

Glowy Goopy Goodness The_Liquid_Laser's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP

Everything should be cheaper. That would be a huge improvement.
    My wife and I made a game to teach kids about nutrition. Please try our game and vote for us to win. (Voting period: July 14 - August 14)
    http://www.revoltingvegetables.com

MBTI
    SEXY

My friend and I invented an Improvement on egg sandwiches, bacon sandwiches, salami sandwiches, cheese sandwiches, hotdogs, and ham sandwiches. You put it all together on a half french loaf. Add some pepper, pickles and ketchup, and voil. You've got our patented "cholesterol sandwich".

MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    9w8 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

There should be a button on your cell phone that dispenses cooked chicken.

But for real. I think that cars need an auto drive option. This would work via a GPS system. You would input where you wanted to go and your car would take you the quickest way. You could sleep in your car, do other things like play a video game or watch a movie, read a book etc. It would be like being a passenger on a plane but in a car.

The car would stop auto driving when it got to 1/8 of a tank of gas, and at that point it would get off at the nearest exit or gas station, depending on where you were and it would alert the driver.
    () 9w8-3w4-7w6 tritype.

sCueI (primary Inquisition)

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by Cenomite View Post
    Everyone: Talk about a way that you think an already-existing thing could be improved.
    Everyone: Discuss them!

Doesn't matter how big or small the change is, or how common or uncommon the thing is.

My random thought for now: Thermoses/coffee-cups should have some sort of hotness gauge, so you know when to drink your coffee. I always either drink it too early and destroy my tongue, or too late and have to chug down lukewarm coffee.

Another random thought: Soda companies should market soda bottles that are half-n-half (for example: half coke half sprite). The sodas would be separated into different halves of the bottle, and you could choose which comes out.
    love it...like a mood ring...color changing temperature cups...so if you like it really hot you know to drink it when it's yellow...slightly hot it's green...yeeeeah...i want one!

and...i like that idea too not that i really drink soda but i'd like it with juice...cranberry on one side and apple on the other...or mango and strawberry...yum

i think cars need an auto pilot...really...at least for sec why's it so hard? i'd actually really like a car that would drive me at night so i could have cocktails.

and...i'm sure i can think of something to add i have lots of these usually...i'll come back to it.
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by BlackCat View Post

But for real. I think that cars need an auto drive option. This would work via a GPS system. You would input where you wanted to go and your car would take you the quickest way. You could sleep in your car, do other things like play a video game or watch a movie, read a book etc. It would be like being a passenger on a plane but in a car.

The car would stop auto driving when it got to 1/8 of a tank of gas, and at that point it would get off at the nearest exit or gas station, depending on where you were and it would alert the driver.
    haha!!! black cat! just saw that...damn
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison

MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by BlackCat View Post

This would be awesome.

- It would need to be integrated with traffic lights, as well as construction notices and such

- Before it was integrated completely around the world, there could be certain auto-drive "hot spots" that were just located in major areas (like NYC, airports, etc). Then you could auto-drive to these hotspots, and then manually drive to wherever the side-area that you want to go is.

- Unfortunately I'd guess that it would be dependent on other drivers following the rules of the road, which we all know doesn't happen. To make it completely accident proof until it was perfected, there would probably need to be certain "auto drive zones" that ONLY allowed cars that were in the auto-drive function, to prevent accidents.

Awesome idea :P

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by Cenomite View Post
    This would be awesome.

- It would need to be integrated with traffic lights, as well as construction notices and such

- Before it was integrated completely around the world, there could be certain auto-drive "hot spots" that were just located in major areas (like NYC, airports, etc). Then you could auto-drive to these hotspots, and then manually drive to wherever the side-area that you want to go is.

- Unfortunately I'd guess that it would be dependent on other drivers following the rules of the road, which we all know doesn't happen. To make it completely accident proof until it was perfected, there would probably need to be certain "auto drive zones" that ONLY allowed cars that were in the auto-drive function, to prevent accidents.

Awesome idea :P
    gps is super smart though..it knows when there's traffic and everything and tells me when to bypass or get in the left lane to avoid something...i love my gps girl so much...

but i like the idea of an auto drive lane...like the hov lane that's cool.
    -Jim Morrison

MBTI
    SEXY

Particle teleportation should be improved so that we can teleport bigger things.