User Tag List

First 12

MBTI
    istp

Quote Originally Posted by Gewitter27 View Post
    advertising it as correct is not good.
    Agreed... my point is that none of us knows what is correct, which brings up the question, what could possibly explain why we think we do?

To clarify, there are things we know based strictly on our firsthand observations of the world around us, if you drop something it will fall, etc. How have we slyly been lead to believe that having such knowledge (which is a relatively small amount in comparison to what could possibly be known) implies we have total knowledge, as one would have to believe in order to even attempt to answer questions like whether Scrodinger's cat is alive, dead, half, whatever.

I think this is why our emotions are entirely relevant to scientific pursuits, possibly even more important than external observation. In order to ask better questions we first have to question ourselves.

MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    9w1
    Socionics
    Booo

I think maybe it has something to do with a lack of this: Ambiguity tolerance - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    Act your age not your enneagram number.

Quinlan's Creations

MBTI
    istp

Quote Originally Posted by Quinlan View Post
    I think maybe it has something to do with a lack of this: Ambiguity tolerance - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    Aha... nice find!

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Socionics
    ENTj

Because some people need jobs and they're good at over-complexifying things and getting grants
    ENTj 7-3-8 sx/sp

MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    9w1
    Socionics
    Booo

What actually annoys me more is over-simplification, where complex things are reduced down to maxims that are idealistic or theorectical but can't be applied to the real world in a practical way.
    Act your age not your enneagram number.

Quinlan's Creations

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    7w8 sx/so
    Socionics
    SLE

What actually annoys me more is over-simplification, where complex things are reduced down to maxims that are idealistic or theorectical but can't be applied to the real world in a practical way.
    Over-simplification really pisses me off too.

--------------------------------------

Regardiong the OP...

The easiest example to offer regarding no "right" answer being necessary is when two (assertive) individuals have a difference of opinion. It's OK if both parties agree to disagree. It's when one person tries to exert their viewpoint on a non-consenting third party that tempers flare.

MBTI
    istp

au contraire, isn't the essence of ingenuity to strive for the ideal in the real world? without it we'd have nowhere to go--the problem is not the ideal but our lack of ingenuity. Oh well, if the INFP in the group cant find a way to open the can of soup without a can opener we'll throw it at them... not totally useless right?

...if ingenuity is creativity with a purpose, it makes sense so many people do not like modern art.

Man, that's deep. I get it. Modern art is suppose to inspire the rest of us to become artists!