User Tag List

First 123

Twerking & Lurking ayoitsStepho's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    4w3 so/sx

Actually, I share about myself here alot more than I do on facebook. There's a different understanding from here and facebook. I think people here are more interested in knowing how people work, so they'll be more apt to dig and know you. On facebook, thats just a site where you tell everyone what your doing. Two totally different things to me. I don't share about myself on my facebook because its not accepted with the friends on there.
    Quote Originally Posted by MacGuffin View Post
    ayoitsStepho is becoming someone else. Actually her true self, a rite of passage.

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Socionics
    ENTj

Ah, I'd gladly give my facebook, but nobody has asked so far
    ENTj 7-3-8 sx/sp

MBTI
    ISFJ

Argus : Have you ever been stalked? It's not nice man. And you just KNOW these forums are littered with psychos (INTJs I'm looking at you).

Phantonym

Quote Originally Posted by FDG View Post
    Ah, I'd gladly give my facebook, but nobody has asked so far
    I would, but since I'm not using Facebook, our paths will sadly never cross.

Twerking & Lurking ayoitsStepho's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    4w3 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Sytpg View Post
    Argus : Have you ever been stalked? It's not nice man. And you just KNOW these forums are littered with psychos (INTJs I'm looking at you).
    Quote Originally Posted by MacGuffin View Post
    ayoitsStepho is becoming someone else. Actually her true self, a rite of passage.

MBTI
    xxxx

"Bubbling" this forum is quite easy when all personal information is put on a "need to know" basis. Personal network security, if you will. Better to be safe than to be vulnerable, non? The matter is not over me thinking that I might be threatened. Rather, the matter is that information should not be allocated unless it need be. It is not an attack on present risks; it is a nearly costless attack on possible risks so numerous that they need not all be thought through.

That being said, it's FUN to have different personas online. It's almost roleplaying, in essence at least. There's no guilt of lying. Everything shown is authentic; another facet of the same gem. Rather than consider everything the can be seen, one perspective is focused on and judged merely for what it is.
    If a deaf INFP falls in the forest and no one is around to hear it, does it make a sound?

MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by EffEmDoubleyou View Post
    I always compartmentalize my life. On the whole, people from here are not the same people that know about my blog or know me in real life. I like the anonymity of each part of my life so that I can speak freely. There are always a few exceptions, people I become close to that are privy to all of it. But it's definitely the exception.
    I've opened up with a few people here, but generally once we've met or had a bit more contact. I like the freedom to speak freely. I've blogged since 2000 and I won't say a lot there because I know there are people who might visit it that I don't want to share my inner thoughts with.
    "Create like a god, command like a king, work like a slave."

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w3
    Socionics
    IEI

My mom cried and made me promise to never talk to strangers online after watching a show with Oprah and rape victims who met online predators. I promised I wouldn't, I promised I wouldn't share photos, name, etc.

A little time has passed, and now I'm just picky about who I let my guard up around. I have a few acquaintances I've trusted, but please don't expect me to give the key to my life to the whole freaking world. I do have a life outside this box that's perfectly fine and I don't want one mistake ruining that. Thanks.
    4w3, IEI, so/sx/sp, female, and Cancer sign.

My thoughts on...
    Enneagram:
    Socionics:
    MBTI:

DISCLAIMER: If I offend you, I'm 99.9% sure it's unintentional. So be sure to let me know, m'kay? (And yes, an INFP would stick this in their signature, lol.)

Mud and rain and chaos... TickTock's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w3

I think it's very naive to think that you can share all your life to anyone and everyone and for there to be no negative consequence. If you have an interesting life there are going to be people who would object to some things you might do or talk about to other people. E.g. No one generally talks about there personal life with work superiors and people have been fired when their boss has snooped into their social networks. It's not about having things to hide because you're leading a secret uncouth life, but people form judgements based on little information when they don't share the same opinions. And why would anyone invite that?

Conversly there might be those who go to the other extreme and take an unhealthy interest.
    ~ Truth ~ Freedom ~ Health ~ Love ~ Communication ~ Humor ~ Respect ~