Mud and rain and chaos... TickTock's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w3

Quote Originally Posted by Halla74 View Post
    Kick ass!
    +1

That orange one is cool, I actually have a towel in those colours...
    ~ Truth ~ Freedom ~ Health ~ Love ~ Communication ~ Humor ~ Respect ~

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    9w1

I wonder what henna would do to your hair, actually. I mean the pure henna leaves and not dyes containing henna. The deep red of the henna might neutralize the green and even if it doesn't, the henna isn't permanent. The color only lasts for a couple of months.
    Time flies like an arrow, fruit flies like a banana.
    ~ Groucho Marx

veteran attention whore Jeffster's Avatar
    MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

I thought you were gonna say you were pregnant.

It's just hair. Life goes on.
    Jeffster Illustrates the Artisan Temperament <---- click here

"I like the sigs with quotes in them from other forum members." -- Oberon

The SP Spazz Youtube Channel

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    7w8 sx/so
    Socionics
    SLE

Quote Originally Posted by Jeffster View Post

Haaa!
    Jeffster, next time I screw something up, I'm calling you for moral support.

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    8w7 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ????

Quote Originally Posted by Jeffster View Post

Haha I know it is just hair, and that life moves on. That is why I am not freaking out now.

I will survive

If I were pregnant, I would probably be too busy filing for a restraining order so I could be legally protected from my mother killing me.
    Excuse me, but does this smell like chloroform to you?

Always reserve the right to become smarter at a future point in time, for only a fool limits themselves to all they knew in the past. -Alex

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    8w7 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ????

Quote Originally Posted by saslou View Post
    Cookie monster and possibly Elmo is not too bad. I was called Gonzo at school (They were also fortunate to see how fast my right hook was, lol)

If you make a big deal out of it then so will others. It is a 'scene' look so others can copy it thus starting a trend

I wanted a fringe the other week so i got out the blunt scissors and started chopping in sections, my fringe isn't straight now so i have to wait for it to grow out. I put a hair dye on on Sunday, supposed to be 20 Min's, i left it on for 1hr 25 Min's .. Not the colour i was going for, but i am not bothered.

I look quirky now.

Put a pic up .. Come on gal .. I promise i won't laugh .. Much
    Good. People can copy me. I hate copying current trends like 'scene'.

No, no laughing at me!

Actually, I would probably laugh with you hahaha

Quote Originally Posted by Halla74 View Post
    Kick ass!

I've bleached my hair out a few times and done mad crazy platinum highlights a few other times. That type of jjob is easy.

Getting into mad colors seems like a bit harder endeavor to pursue. Plus, I would get sick of it too quick, and then be pissed until I fixed it. I'm kind of a perfectionist impatient bastard when it comes to my own appearance.
    Yeah, it is kind of good that I can change my hair colour while it is bleached. I would get bored with just one hair colour, and try to maintain the shock factor

I love how people stop and stare in the hallways.

Quote Originally Posted by Star W View Post
    I've dyed it many colors. But the biggest mistake that I have made was when I was trying to create bangs. I wanted some whispy bangs, but ended up cutting way too much hair. I solved the problem by cutting them shorter and straighter and creating this great Betty Paige look. That was the most badass hair I've ever had!
    Betty Paige is so kickass

When I was a kid, I tried to do bangs. I used to have mushroom hair. It was so horrible. I was like a chubby Paul McCartney. I hate looking at pictures of myself as a kid
    Excuse me, but does this smell like chloroform to you?

Always reserve the right to become smarter at a future point in time, for only a fool limits themselves to all they knew in the past. -Alex

MBTI
    GONE

Ahhh, dying your hair while you still have it...those were the days!

I used to bleach and dye and sometimes perm my hair at a frequency of at least 1x per month. I called this free 800 number at Clairol when I was 19 to ask for recommendations about hair color and the woman LAUGHED AT ME when I told her what I did to my hair and how often. She also said 3 shades was the safest I could go lighter. 3 shades?? That's like going from jet black to soft black, bah. I am no stranger to 30 developer and double and triple processing my own hair. I've also accidentally gotten green and purple hair (though not at the same time).

Sooooooooooooo, in answer to your question. You can:

1) Shave your head. Entirely, or in decorative patches. I actually think this is your best bet. Your hair is probably fried by now anyways so your not doing it or yourself favors by hanging onto it for length's sake. Also, you are young so you can rock this look no problem and still have many many many years for your hair to grow long. Your hair will grow faster now than it will in your later 20s and 30s.

2) Rock it as is. As long as you carry yourself like you MEANT to do it on purpose, nobody else has to know.

3) Use a drabber or other de-tinters to get rid of the color in your hair. If you check online forums, people sometimes recommend home solutions of vinegar/lemons, etc not sure how helpful that is. Heat and oil help 'unstick' certain dyes from your hair. Also your local beauty supply store (Sally's, etc.) will have tips for you. If you were able to keep track of exactly what you used in your head, that's most useful. If you already have color in your hair and want to rebleach, you may have to remove the existing tint first or else you will only bleach the virgin hair at the roots and it will be odd and uneven - but you probably already knew that.

4) Cover it in black. Honestly, I would not recommend this as you will probably end up with vampyric unnaturally black hair. Unless you are goth it looks just as bad as having multi colored hair. I'm Asian with naturally jet black hair (even amongst Asians some of us have the soft black or other tinted hair) , and I can tell you for a fact that I looked really strange with jet black dyed hair. It changed the *texture* of my hair as well. Not cute.

4) You can try your chances with a professional but unless you are going for a natural look, they won't be able to help you.
    “If you want to tell people the truth, make them laugh, otherwise they'll kill you.” ― Oscar Wilde

"I'm outtie 5000" ― Romulux

Johari/Nohari

The Duchess of Oddity Queen Kat's Avatar
    MBTI
    E.T.
    Enneagram
    7w8

You could tell everyone you dyed your hair green on purpose. No need for excuses! I ones dyed my hair orange and once I pulled out a lot of hair out of my head, with, as a result, that a strange kind of misshaped bang started to grow out of my head. When I told people that my hair was like that on purpose, everyone thought it was cool.
    I was sitting outside the classroom waiting to go in, and I saw an airplane hit the tower. The TV was obviously on. I used to fly myself and I said, "There's one terrible pilot."
    - George W. Bush -

SCUAI - 7w8 sx/sp - Chaotic Evil - Fucking Cute - ALIVE

Blog. Read it, bitches.
    Questions? Click here
    If you don't agree about my MBTI type, you can complain about it here. I've had plenty of people telling me I'm something else, in my reputation box. That's annoying.