User Tag List

First 23456 Last

MBTI
    ENFJ
    Enneagram
    3w2

Reading about suicidal people.

(I promise, I'm fine. LOL. Ask anyone who knows me irl, I'm perfectly healthy and quite a happy person.)

Doing a paper on BART and ended up reading about the Golden Gate Bridge. Was shocked yet very intrigued to find out it's the #2 place in the world to commit suicide! Number 1 is a creepy forest in Japan where they think there might be ghosts. It's really weird reading about everything they've done to prevent suicides on the Golden Gate Bridge, and how it's natural beauty and allure draws people in and romanticises something terrible.

/shivers. Don't want to think about it.

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    7w8 sx/so
    Socionics
    SLE

Quote Originally Posted by oberon View Post
    What in the world was that?
    +1! :horor:

----------------

The only thing that freaks me out is watching someone get a shot in a movie, especially if its someone shooting up.

I have no problem with shots at my doctor's office, I have no problem donating blood, and I can even watch gory disections on Discovery channel, but if I see any slow-motion-needle-going-into-someone's-flesh action in a movie, I totally close my eyes and think about gorgeous Scandanavian girls at the beach to put my mind at peace.

Tempbanned
    Enneagram
    8w9

Change.....

j/k.

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    7w8 sx/so
    Socionics
    SLE

Quote Originally Posted by DiscoBiscuit View Post
    Change.....

j/k.
    Smart ass.

MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    1w9

Quote Originally Posted by Elaur View Post
    Licking cold things. I blame it on me seeing Christmas Story as a kid.
    How about licking cold steel then?
    "The present is theirs; the future, for which I have really worked, is mine."
    -Nikola Tesla

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    ILE

Eggs. I hate them! Don't mind the eating them mixed up in something like pancakes but otherwise yuck. Soft-boiled seems the worst, it looks like someone eating the brain out of a mini skull out of some cryptic skull holder. Poached is pretty disgusting too to watch or even smell. Remember seeing this old lady without teeth eating a poached egg back when I was 16 and her sticking out her yellow tough and watching it drool down her chin.

In the US all of the breakfast places have almost everything including eggs, frustrating asking for a substitute every time; especially when they say no.
    I redact everything I have written or will write on this forum prior to, subsequent with and or after the fact of its writing. For entertainment purposes only and not to be taken seriously nor literally.

Quote Originally Posted by Edgar View Post
    Spamtar - a strange combination of boorish drunkeness and erudite discussions, or what I call "an Irish academic"

Banned
    MBTI
    INTx

Quote Originally Posted by BlackCat View Post
    What are some random things that trip you out?
    This rich, old, Canadian Jewish man I met taking pictures of a goose nest

MBTI
    INFP

Mirrors in dark rooms. I'm always convinced that I'll see something moving in them that isn't moving in the room. This is especially creepy when you're looking at yourself in said mirror. I think it's a pretty common one though, since it happens fairly often in movies.

Oh, and swimming at night -- especially by yourself. It usually seems like a good idea until you actually do it. Oddly, swimming by myself in the dark in a public swimming-pool freaks me out more than doing the same at the beach.

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    7w8 sx/so
    Socionics
    SLE

Quote Originally Posted by JivinJeffJones View Post
    Mirrors in dark rooms. I'm always convinced that I'll see something moving in them that isn't moving in the room. This is especially creepy when you're looking at yourself in said mirror. I think it's a pretty common one though, since it happens fairly often in movies.
    I never thought of that. What a totally common source for potentially terrifying optical illusions. If I am in bed I do not have my contact lenses in. I keep my door cracked in case my kids wake up and need something. If something registers in my field of vision, but I don't hear anything, and the house was otherwise quiet before, that shit freaks me out. I put my glasses on and turn the lights on and look around. Even for a big guy (6'1" and 235 pounds) I can be VERY sneaky if I want to be, and I figure knife wielding maniacs can be too if they wish. Maybe I'm a little too cautious, but I haven't been stabbed yet!

Quote Originally Posted by JivinJeffJones View Post
    Oh, and swimming at night -- especially by yourself. It usually seems like a good idea until you actually do it. Oddly, swimming by myself in the dark in a public swimming-pool freaks me out more than doing the same at the beach.
    I am the worst swimmer. I swim like a rock. I would never do these things!

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by oberon View Post
    What in the world was that?
    Quote Originally Posted by Halla74 View Post
    +1! :horor:
    Have received several inquiries about that post since last night. I don't know what it is, but I do know that it enters the body when you are vulnerable, that is, on the toilet. So make sure nothing is crawling out of the can, perhaps you can place some stainless steel safety netting on the bottom, but they are small and wiggly at first so it needs to be fine.