User Tag List

First 678910 Last

MBTI
    CRZY
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by sprinkles View Post

I pierced my own eyebrow once with a safety pin. Not some wimpy attempt either, it was a really deep and meaty one. :P

Probably the worst idea I ever had IMO. That was definitely impulsive and just one of my 'phases'. I got tired of it after about a week because it felt weird.
    Quote Originally Posted by greenfairy View Post
    Wow. You have guts is all I can say.
    /facepalm.

Please don't ever self pierce. Seriously, the infections and horror that can come from it, are just too much.

Also, it's not guts, it's fucking stupid.

Terrible things happen to good people every day.
    Consequentially, I am not one of the good people.
    I am one of the terrible things.

Conclusion: Dinosaurs

MBTI
    CRZY
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by Pseudo View Post
    I like how the smaller gangues look in ears but I don't want my ears stretched out forever. I know they are supposed to go back but My other peircings never close up so I don't want to risk it.

Piercing and tattooing get sort of lumped together into "body modification" but I've always see them as having a totally different vibe. Dermals kind of freak me out.
    Once you go to a certain size they do not go back, and depending on your anatomy that can actually be quite a small size. If you don't like the look of stretched ears i wouldn't recommend doing it at all.

philosopher wood nymph greenfairy's Avatar
    MBTI
    iNfj
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Pseudo View Post
    I like how the smaller gangues look in ears but I don't want my ears stretched out forever. I know they are supposed to go back but My other peircings never close up so I don't want to risk it.

Piercing and tattooing get sort of lumped together into "body modification" but I've always see them as having a totally different vibe. Dermals kind of freak me out.
    Yeah I only lumped the two together because of the Japan thing. I totally think they have a different vibe, which is why I like them a lot more. People tend to get them together, though. I've wondered about the psychology of body modification. I think it has something to do with being tough- kind of like a primitive initiation rite. Native cultures do these things for rites of passage, as well as other reasons.

Quote Originally Posted by Nijntje View Post
    /facepalm.

Please don't ever self pierce. Seriously, the infections and horror that can come from it, are just too much.

Well, that may be; I just like to be diplomatic, and I think both can be true depending on the person.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 so/sx

Yeah I only lumped the two together because of the Japan thing. I totally think they have a different vibe, which is why I like them a lot more. People tend to get them together, though. I've wondered about the psychology of body modification. I think it has something to do with being tough- kind of like a primitive initiation rite. Native cultures do these things for rites of passage, as well as other reasons.

i think there are various reasons. Different for everyone.

MBTI
    INFJ

/facepalm.

Yup I agree. Nobody knew that back then though. I mean yeah infection was pretty obvious, but the other stuff like hitting suborbital nerves, or rejection, really wasn't thought about. But there was no world wide web or anything like that yet so people weren't nearly as Google smart as they are now.

MBTI
    CRZY
    Enneagram
    4w5

Well, that may be; I just like to be diplomatic, and I think both can be true depending on the person.
    okay, a more diplomatic approach; having worked in a piercing studio, and seeing various problems that can result, i can say that self piercing is really not ever a good idea.

Where? Does the same go for piercings? I want to go to Japan soon, and I also want more holes in my ears.
    Not piercings, just tatts. Public baths, gyms, places like that.

philosopher wood nymph greenfairy's Avatar
    MBTI
    iNfj
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by wolfy View Post
    Not piercings, just tatts. Public baths, gyms, places like that.
    Oh ok. Good to know.

MBTI
    INFJ

okay, a more diplomatic approach; having worked in a piercing studio, and seeing various problems that can result, i can say that self piercing is really not ever a good idea.
    It's ironic that when I was growing up, piercing was the thing that was unheard of. I never knew that such a thing as a piercing studio existed back then, since places pretty much only did ear lobes, and kids having their mother pierce their ears was still not unheard of.

It's better now that people know what they are doing but I think then we didn't really know any better because professional piercing other than ears was a really underground thing and was just coming out of the experimental stage.

figsfiggyfigs

Although I do find them attractive at times, I generally prefer men without tattoos. They're too distracting from the delicious flesh.

I want one tattoo, but it is a secret.