User Tag List

First 23456 Last

MBTI
    infp

Quote Originally Posted by MDP2525 View Post
    You missed the point. You don't get something you know you're going to regret. No one does that. You get a tattoo because at that time something meant something to you or you liked it. Years pass and people change and you may regret getting that tattoo or the reason you got it. That's what I'm talking about. They're an extension of life experiences and if you think too much about them you probably won't get them.

Yep, agreed, I have factored that in when picking my tattoos. There is alot in life that will give us cause for regret, doesn't mean we don't take that risk anyway.
    Echo - "So are you trying to say she is Evil"

DeWitt - "Something far worse, she's an Idealist"

Berb's Johari Berb's Nohari

Enneagram
    9w8

I have two tattoos, on my ankles, and they do mean something to me. I knew what I wanted at the age of fifteen, kept thinking on it for a few years, and once I was legal and financially sound I got them done.

I got them revised a year later (original artist was good, but I wanted a bit of alteration) and one of them got infected. Painful. I am going to have a very specific female artist do it if at all possible, because she's amazing and does beautiful work.

Touch-ups don't bother me, as they are not large - but I personally don't like the idea of hurried choices, and a general rule is if ye know what ye want... wait six months. If ye still want the same thing, wait another six, and then get it done. Unless it is for a specific locale (i.e., to commemorate a trip to Bali or somesuch whilst there) or event-specific, there shouldn't be a rush.

MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    9w8

Quote Originally Posted by MDP2525 View Post
    You missed the point. You don't get something you know you're going to regret. No one does that. You get a tattoo because at that time something meant something to you or you liked it. Years pass and people change and you may regret getting that tattoo or the reason you got it. That's what I'm talking about. They're an extension of life experiences and if you think too much about them you probably won't get them.
    yeah, i agree with both your posts, MDP.
    i think it is a lot harder but more meaningful to come to terms and accept the things about yourself that you regret, rather than just always pre-emptively censoring yourself or constantly erring on the side of safety. when you have to learn to accept this tatto you regret, it introduces some humillity into you, i think.

Quote Originally Posted by rhinosaur View Post
    I have a few ideas I want to get, but my GF thinks they are all stupid, so I haven't yet.
    haha. yeah, Maya really disliked my tattoos when i first met her.
    but she warmed up to them, or she loves me enough to put up with them at least.
    haha, no, actually when we are watching a movie or just relaxing together she will absent-mindedly start tracing my tattoos with her finger.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEI Ni

I don't like bodies totally covered in tattoos because then they are never really naked (particularly with sleeves & that sort of thing). There's always something decorating them. I also don't like any piercings that cannot be removed much or they'll close for the same reason. There are times when I want to be washed of everything that is not naturally me, and I would prefer that in a partner also. There's a purity in that which is more erotic than body art.

However, I've seen tattoos look nice on some people, and some tattoo artists really are artists and create beautiful illustrations. There's a lot of tacky, trendy shit out there also though.

It's unusual to see a very elegant person with a visible tattoo (though not impossible). It automatically gives you a bit of a hard, rough look, but I think that's what people are going for.
    Often a star was waiting for you to notice it. A wave rolled toward you out of the distant past, or as you walked under an open window, a violin yielded itself to your hearing. All this was mission. But could you accomplish it? (Rilke)

INFP | 4w5 sp/sx | RLUEI - Primary Inquisitive | Tritype is tripe

MBTI
    eNTP
    Socionics
    IEI

Quote Originally Posted by Ragingkatsuki View Post
    I don't like tattoos. It makes someone look like a retarded chimp.
    A google image search of retarded chimps.
    Really?
    I always thought it was politics that did that.
    yours truly

MBTI
    eNTP
    Socionics
    IEI

I enjoy henna ink tattoos, I don't usually illustrate myself with the traditional designs that are associates with henna though. They're absolutely gorgeous (imo) but they don't suit me at all and I'm not looking to take from a culture I'm not part of.

I know it's not a real form of tattooing but they can be useful if you want to test run a design that doesn't have a lot of color.
    yours truly

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by OrangeAppled View Post
    I don't like bodies totally covered in tattoos because then they are never really naked (particularly with sleeves & that sort of thing). There's always something decorating them. I also don't like any piercings that cannot be removed much or they'll close for the same reason. There are times when I want to be washed of everything that is not naturally me, and I would prefer that in a partner also. There's a purity in that which is more erotic than body art.
    However, I've seen tattoos look nice on some people, and some tattoo artists really are artists and create beautiful illustrations. There's a lot of tacky, trendy shit out there also though.

It's unusual to see a very elegant person with a visible tattoo (though not impossible). It automatically gives you a bit of a hard, rough look, but I think that's what people are going for.
    This is the other reason I don't care for tattoos much. I like the way the human body looks unadorned.
    Something Witty

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by TickTock View Post
    Do you have any? Would you get some if not? Would you never regret it? Are you glad of yours? When and why did you get it?
    No, I don't have any. I've thought about it, but, I don't know. I would have to find one that I could be satisfied with forever, because that's how long it's gonna be there. Because of this, I have reasoned that I could never find one that I would love for the rest of my life. So, that's why I don't have any.

If I ever decided to get one, it would probably be small and some place where it could be seen regularly with clothing (but just as easily covered up), not provocative, and simple but elegant. Maybe if I get really attached to my logo (a spyglass with the lens as an eye and a smoke tendril wrapping around the object), I'll use that since I designed it and it's all over my business stuff.
    "I took the one less traveled by,
    And that has made all the difference."

Robert Frost

`~~Philosoflying~~` SillySapienne's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5

I have one tattoo of the infinity symbol on my left wrist, I got it done when I was 19, I've been obsessed with the concept of infinity since I was in 5th grade.

I love my tattoo and have never once regretted it.

I have several self-inflicted burns on my forearm that I've grown to accept.

They are far more obvious and seen than my tattoo.

There are six of them that are shaped like a seven, that happened by chance.

I would like to get a circle/zero on my other wrist, don't think I'll do it, though.

`
    'Cause you can't handle me...

"A lie is a lie even if everyone believes it. The truth is the truth even if nobody believes it." - David Stevens

"That that is, is. That that is not, is not. Is that it? It is."

Veritatem dies aperit

Ride si sapis

Intelligentle sparkles

MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    9w8

i found a picture of this tattoo online, a portrait of Charles Bukowski.
    honestly i don't like portrait tattoos, but this one is pretty amazing: