User Tag List

First 12345 Last

MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    9w1
    Socionics
    Booo

My grandad had a swallow and also a hammer and sickle, I think there is a kind of rustic charm to a wrinkly old faded tattoo.
    Act your age not your enneagram number.

Quinlan's Creations

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp

A big portion of my back is done. I have a couple on my ankle. (these mean something too me - whereas my back doesn't).

I sort of don't like the tats that are done SO well and are SO thought out. Kind of defeats the purpose of tattoos. I would remove or re-do two of mine but I think if you have something on your body that you don't regret then you aren't living right
    ~luck favors the ready~

Shameless Self-Promotion:MDP2525's Den and the Start of Motorcycle Maintenance

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by fidelia View Post
    Can you imagine the equivalent of 80s fashions becoming a permanent part of your look? That's how I see a lot of tattoos (think lower back butterflies, Chinese characters, sleeves, stars on the neck, Pamela Anderson barbed wire etc, wings on the back). It just starts looking dated a lot of the time, plus tattoos require maintenance to continue looking good.
    This is why I don't have any and never will.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    6w7

Quote Originally Posted by MDP2525 View Post
    A big portion of my back is done. I have a couple on my ankle. (these mean something too me - whereas my back doesn't).

I sort of don't like the tats that are done SO well and are SO thought out. Kind of defeats the purpose of tattoos. I would remove or re-do two of mine but I think if you have something on your body that you don't regret then you aren't living right
    Uh...yeah, thats stupid, and I completely disagree. Getting the tattoo you want just right and perfect is a fantastic thing...why would you want somethig you would regret?!
    SDMF

MBTI
    INTP

I have a few ideas I want to get, but my GF thinks they are all stupid, so I haven't yet.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6
    Socionics
    ENFp

I think it can go two ways. Some people get tattoos because they are actually into it. That is different than getting one because they are in.

I wonder about the (many) guys that got a taz on their ankle in the 80's because it was "cool" Do they just wear socks a lot?

On the other hand, one of my friends who was into the scene where tatts are expected didn't have any. (went to skin pulls, for example) He said people thought he seemed more hard core because of it.

I actually wouldn't mind getting a few.. except that I wonder if it's only because it's in so I've been more exposed to it so it seems interesting. I refuse on those grounds. I do like some nice piercings but they never heal well on me.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    SLI None

I don't like tattoos. It makes someone look like a retarded chimp.
    A google image search of retarded chimps.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Tallulah View Post
    I can't even commit to lunch. I can't see wanting the same thing on my body 10 years from now that I'd want today. I liked some really lame stuff 10 years ago.
    Yeah, pretty much.

I can get a haircut that I absolutely love and then be completely sick of it 2 days later. Good thing that hair grows back, huh?

Although, I love love love looking at other peoples' tattoos.

Only downside, at least in my opinion, is that tattoos can be either really awesome or really terrible. There's no in between, seems like.

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    7w8 sx/so
    Socionics
    SLE

I have no tatts, but don't have anything against them.

I've seen some in my life that are awe inspiring. Some out of the artistry of the piece, some of the beauty of the subject, and some that both fit together very nicely.

When I was younger I considere getting a tribal arm band, but then couldn't decide what design, German, Irish, Norse, etc.

I've always been a fan of the total beauty in people, inner and outer beauty. A person's persona, their character, their mannerisms and intrinsic behaviors, these are the things that capture my attention when I am observing people. A tattoo, or oabsence of is simply part of the whole package of a person to me.

One friend of mine has a beautiful red rose on her ankle, it is very nicely done and I like it. Another friend of mine is a phenomenal artist in his own right and he drew a design that he took to a tattoo artist and had it inked onto his forearm, and it looks serious. A third friend of mine went through a period of his life where he got inked up pretty heavily, and a plastic surgeon donated his time and professional service fees to removing some of these tatts in order that this guy could take his shirt off and lead a normal life.

I am into so many different things, I just could not for the life of me ever decide what to ink myself up with, at least not yet anyway.

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Hexis View Post
    Uh...yeah, thats stupid, and I completely disagree. Getting the tattoo you want just right and perfect is a fantastic thing...why would you want somethig you would regret?!
    You missed the point. You don't get something you know you're going to regret. No one does that. You get a tattoo because at that time something meant something to you or you liked it. Years pass and people change and you may regret getting that tattoo or the reason you got it. That's what I'm talking about. They're an extension of life experiences and if you think too much about them you probably won't get them.
    ~luck favors the ready~

Shameless Self-Promotion:MDP2525's Den and the Start of Motorcycle Maintenance