User Tag List

First 891011 Last

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Ginkgo View Post
    Plus, it's rather hard to separate the idea of a tat from the idea of a person's character considering how many tattoo wearers explicitly or implicitly demand that you judge them for it for better or for worse. Tattoos have always been culturally significant because they signify merit, background, history, personal philosophy, or something along those lines. I think it's becoming more of a trend for people to get them purely for artistic reasons and oddly those tattoos may be the ones most justifiable for anyone who wants to judge another impartially. It's just like "LOL I thought it would look badass." But even then, there's a backstory to be uncovered so go figure.

I mean, generally, a woman who gets a tramp stamp did so because her focus was on the erotic; regardless of whether she's actually a tramp, it does say that at least at one point, she was openly, liberally, sexual, in a sense. A sexual woman doesn't need to have sex to be a nymphomaniac.

You can judge any work of art/creative endeavor. That's fair. I think that stupid tattoos are a turn off. Food ones though I'm sort of neutral about in regards to being sexually attractive. But if they are good I won't find them a hindrance to appreciating a body. I guess I don't see then non tattooed body as pristine. Just a different state.

MBTI
    CRZY
    Enneagram
    4w5

I guess you could view a body covered with tattoos as being less naked, as you have a visual distraction from the person's nekidity and it kind of covers it up.

Terrible things happen to good people every day.
    Consequentially, I am not one of the good people.
    I am one of the terrible things.

Conclusion: Dinosaurs

Someone pointed out an overall societal decrease in the amount of clothing people wear on their bodies and an increase in the amount of tattoos. Thought it rather interesting.

See also:
    Tattoos
    Intimate tattoos and piercings
    Tattoos/Piercings/Body Mods on Potential Partners/Mates

Piercings, Tattoos, and Body Mod Pics
    Last edited by Vasilisa; 09-23-2012 at 01:40 PM. Reason: fixed
    the formless thing which gives things form!
    Found Forum Haiku Project

Positive Spin | your feedback welcomed | Darker Criticism

Tempbanned
    Enneagram
    8w9

Ok with one or two. But generally not a fan.

Have fun getting a non service industry job with sleeves.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by DiscoBiscuit View Post

True true. I've always seen visible tattoos as a luxury of being in a profession/point in your life where you can get away with it. I'm all for self expression but 8' also about getting that moolah. And right now I can't have both.

Ginkgo

Quote Originally Posted by Pseudo View Post
    Interesting. I've always thought the opposite. It seemed to me that looking a the naked body of someone tattooed would be harder to dehumanized because they have this indicator of their own thoughts/personality on them. You cant view them without seeing that they make choices about thins like what they want on their body.

I'm not ascribing this to you but my reaction to people who dislike tattoos on their partners has always been sort of the thought that "what? I can't ruin your view by reminding you the I have a personality?". Not in angry crusader way though just perplexed.
    Maybe we're approaching it from opposite angles. I was speaking in terms of first impressions, while you may have been addressing a perspective that's more highly informed about the tattoo and the tat wearer. Yes?

ps-

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Ginkgo View Post
    Maybe we're approaching it from opposite angles. I was speaking in terms of first impressions, while you may have been addressing a perspective that's more highly informed about the tattoo and the tat wearer. Yes?

ps-

Hmmm not really. I think When I see a tattoo I think of it as being a part of them rather than just on them. So if I start looking at a persons tattoo I feel like I'm looking at their body but also their mind (an expression of it). I reread your other post and I'm interpreting it as the idea that you find that tattoo distracting and treat it as a separate visual image on the person . You see and think of the symbol divorced from the person?

The difference between thinking of this :

in comparison to being drawn in a train of thought about this:

??

That butthole tattoo girl is retarted and I'm guessing has some serious mental/emotional issue. That's a big judgement but just based on that action and her generall demeanor and pattern of speech she seem like someone looking for destruction. And it's sad that if that is the case all of these people around her just enjoy the spectacle of it.

Maybe not thought. Maybe she's a healthy individual who is simply expressing her self.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by DiscoBiscuit View Post

Meh, the nicer job you have, the more likely you are totally apropos wearing long sleeves. It's not really an issue.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Qlip View Post
    Meh, the nicer job you have, the more likely you are totally apropos wearing long sleeves. It's not really an issue.
    ...tattoo sleeves.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Pseudo View Post
    ...tattoo sleeves.
    Yes, shirt sleeves cover those up.