User Tag List

Default It's Fun To Have Fun But You Have To Know How.

So how do you have fun? What is fun to you? How do you make boring things fun? What's the difference between work and play? Talk about fun.

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    7w8 sx/so
    Socionics
    SLE

Fun is a state of mind, for me. I have fun doing anything. I have never liked boredome, and always found life fascinating.

How do I make my life fun? I interact with the people around me, and my surroundings. I like making people laugh. I always try to integrate laughter with common, everyday tasks.

Life is great.

MBTI
    ESFJ

Fun for me is not taking myself seriously. People take the piss out of me and still i laugh at it. If you can't laugh at yourself then you are doomed for a sad existence.
    I can see innuendo in everything so can easily twist someones words.

Fun for me is saying screw the ironing, I'm going to play on guitar hero.

Jumping on a plane to meet someone.

Taking up opportunities as they arise and not being fearful of it.

EDIT - As Halla said .. Got to keep on smiling and laughing even if it does cause crows feet around the eyes .. Sorry, i mean laughter lines, lol.
    Last edited by Saslou; 10-20-2009 at 12:52 PM. Reason: Thank you for pointing that out ESTPMarie ;) .. Oppsss, my bad.
    “I made you take time to look at what I saw and when you took time to really notice my flower, you hung all your associations with flowers on my flower and you write about my flower as if I think and see what you think and see—and I don't.”
    ― Georgia O'Keeffe

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    7w8

Quote Originally Posted by saslou View Post
    Taking up opportunities as they arise and not being fearless of it.
    Don't you mean "not being fearful of it"?

Fun for me is being a pedantic bitch sometimes. :-) I also like jumping on someone to meet a plane...
    100% *E*/100% *T*
    Married to an INFP - whose "P-ness" makes up for the I, N and F :yim_rolling_on_the_

MBTI
    ISTJ

Fun for me is being given a set of rules and guidelines and being as ruthlessly efficient at the assigned task as humanly possible. God, I am boring...

I guess that points to the broader idea of being "in the zone". I am never happier than when I am in the zone. The activity doesn't matter...swapping axles on the Jeep, hammering the trails on the bike, punching holes in targets, digging a hole...none of that seems to matter...when my talent level is ever so slightly exceeded by the task at hand, I find focus that sometimes scares me. It never hurts when you can channel a little anger or frustration from recent events to build up the adrenaline. Man, I love the zone. But I have to be involved...yeah, roller coasters are fun, but there is no involvement there. Give me a go-kart and a helmet over the biggest baddest roller-coaster any day. Hell, give me a Big Wheel and some room to run and you won't see me for hours...you'll probably hear some hootin' and hollerin', though.

I guess work vs fun just depends on my state of mind going in and how it goes once I am there. If a task is too challenging or is taking much longer than expected, I am apt to get frustrated with it and become angry rather than euphoric.

MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    9w1
    Socionics
    Booo

Quote Originally Posted by ISTJDad View Post
    Fun for me is being given a set of rules and guidelines and being as ruthlessly efficient at the assigned task as humanly possible. God, I am boring...
    The business world really was created by and for you STJ folks wasn't it?
    Act your age not your enneagram number.

Quinlan's Creations

MBTI
    intj
    Enneagram

Oh...yes, the zone is good ISTJDad. I know what you mean.

I also enjoy a good argument with a peer...unwinding after I've finished all of my obligations (perhaps even in the company of one or two friends)...figuring out how to work something...that's what comes to mind anyway.
    "There's no need to be embarrassed about it, Mr. Spock. It happens to the birds and the bees!"

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

Aww... I wish someone would teach me.

Right now, my idea of fun is lying around on the couch drinking soda all day and pretending like nothing's wrong.

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Socionics
    ENTj

Quote Originally Posted by ISTJDad View Post

I guess that points to the broader idea of being "in the zone". I am never happier than when I am in the zone. The activity doesn't matter...swapping axles on the Jeep, hammering the trails on the bike, punching holes in targets, digging a hole...none of that seems to matter...when my talent level is ever so slightly exceeded by the task at hand, I find focus that sometimes scares me. It never hurts when you can channel a little anger or frustration from recent events to build up the adrenaline. Man, I love the zone. But I have to be involved...yeah, roller coasters are fun, but there is no involvement there. Give me a go-kart and a helmet over the biggest baddest roller-coaster any day. Hell, give me a Big Wheel and some room to run and you won't see me for hours...you'll probably hear some hootin' and hollerin', though.

I guess work vs fun just depends on my state of mind going in and how it goes once I am there. If a task is too challenging or is taking much longer than expected, I am apt to get frustrated with it and become angry rather than euphoric.
    Yeah, I relate to this. Obviously, I wouldn't limit the scope of application to execution of tasks - you can be in the zone while dancing, playing soccer, etc.
    I agree with the general attitude, though.
    ENTj 7-3-8 sx/sp