User Tag List

First 789101119 Last

MBTI
    ISFJ

Quote Originally Posted by TickTock View Post
    It's for themselves. Saying a woman dresses up for men is also saying, 'said woman is dressing up for me' which is ridiculous. This then leads to resentmen when the woman doesnt want the man who has this assumption.

I have to disagree with you here. I've actually known women who dress just for the guys to look at them. I guess you can make the argument that in this case they are still dressing for themselves because the attention makes them feel good, but I still see it as dressing for men. No, not all women dress for male attention, which is why I said that SOME do.
    "Your voice is like chocolate...dreamy."
    --WildHorses

Twerking & Lurking ayoitsStepho's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    4w3 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Speed Gavroche View Post
    AyoitsStepho!
    awww, thank you
    I was not expecting that
    (i'll pay you tomorrow)

Quote Originally Posted by spamtar View Post
    Naw not AyoitsStepho...
    Your right, I'm not the hottest girl. Spamtar is the hottest girl
    Quote Originally Posted by MacGuffin View Post
    ayoitsStepho is becoming someone else. Actually her true self, a rite of passage.

Permabanned

I don't wanna sayyy...

Mud and rain and chaos... TickTock's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w3

Quote Originally Posted by Warm View Post
    I have to disagree with you here. I've actually known women who dress just for the guys to look at them. I guess you can make the argument that in this case they are still dressing for themselves because the attention makes them feel good, but I still see it as dressing for men. No, not all women dress for male attention, which is why I said that SOME do.
    That's cool. I didn't expect to change you're mind. That's my view all the same. If you are right though, you are talking about a minority, as you have said and I don't then see how you disagree with me.
    ~ Truth ~ Freedom ~ Health ~ Love ~ Communication ~ Humor ~ Respect ~

Glycerine

Quote Originally Posted by Peguy View Post
    I don't think this is a big deal, even with a hottest guy thread. I don't think this was meant to be taken that seriously or intended to do harm to those deemed less attractive. Sooner or later a discussion like this comes up, IRL or online. It's a fact of life.

But OTOH, the issue of being judged based on ones physical looks can be a soft point for many people - women especially. So that has to be taken into account as well. I could go into more details about, but I think that'd be best left to the women to talk about it. We do live in an age where physical looks seem to determine's personal worth, and to describe it as a perversion of the geniune celebration of beauty is too kind.

I'd suggest we all just calm down a bit. There are plenty attractive women here, both physically and personality-wise, and in more private situations I've complimented them on such.

Just my two cents. Carry on.
    yeah, the only difference is that this is public and feels more like a competition. I compliment people in private or in ventrillo but not in comparison to other people. This feels like a huge comparison between people.

MBTI
    ENTP

I don't give two shits about being "PC". I'm allowed to be bias and compare people. So the most attractive woman on this forum are...

Mitzy and PaperOceans.

Ginkgo

One might say that this thread is harmful because it damages the self esteem of female forumers.

However, we could just turn it around and say that we appreciate all of them. I know I do.

MBTI
    ISFJ

Quote Originally Posted by Mystic Tater View Post
    One might say that this thread is harmful because it damages the self esteem of female forumers.
    Okay, if a thread has this kind of power over us, we really need to check ourselves.
    "Your voice is like chocolate...dreamy."
    --WildHorses

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram

Most physically attractive from pictures:
    OrangedAppled,
    Poppy,
    Pink Piranha/Lady Jay,
    Silly Siren

in no specific order.
    Is it that by its indefiniteness it shadows forth the heartless voids and immensities of the universe, and thus stabs us from behind with the thought of annihilation, when beholding the white depths of the milky way?

Ginkgo

Quote Originally Posted by Warm View Post
    Okay, if a thread has this kind of power over us, we really need to check ourselves.
    Indeed. +1

If you complain about how immature this thread is because it ruins the psyche of the female forumers, then you are - in a sense - insulting them.