User Tag List

First 14222324252634 Last

Tempbanned
    Enneagram
    8w9

Quote Originally Posted by Keps Mnemnosyne View Post
    Popularity does have a tendency to invade the competitive aspect though.

Again different strokes for different folks is true, but this gets into the argument of individual versus societal rights. Should you allowed to hurt your neighbor to make yourself feel better? Do you have a right to hurt someone or does society have a right to protect it's members?
    Well, there is a difference between protecting someone's rights, and negligently shielding them from the world.

More specifically, what do you mean by harm in this instance.

Are we talking about (and hang on for the ride because I'm about to get legal) intentional infliction of emotional distress?

Plaintiff must actually suffer emotional distress

The emotional distress suffered by the plaintiffs must be "severe." This standard is quantified by the intensity, duration, and any physical manifestations of the distress. A lack of productivity or depression documented by professional psychiatrists is typically required here, although acquaintances' testimony about a change in behavior could be persuasive.

An example of an act which might form the basis for a claim of intentional infliction of emotional distress would be sending a letter to an individual falsely informing the person that a close family member had been killed in an accident.
    Or are we talking, you just got you're feelings hurt?

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4

Quote Originally Posted by Edgar View Post
    You are either a hypocrite or an idiot.
    lol. That's the best you've got?
    You are unambiguously an idiot if you cannot comprehend that the two are not contradictory.
    Ti (43); Ne (41.8); Te (33.7); Fi (30.5); Ni (27.5); Se (24.7); Si (21.5); Fe (17.3)
    The More You Know the Less You Need. - Aboriginal Saying

Nickle Iron Silicone Charmed Justice's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFJ

Quote Originally Posted by DiscoBiscuit View Post
    It's whatever the kid wants to do.

I have a problem with forcing kids to do things they don't want to do (within reason obviously) as well.
    Right. I have no issue with kids freely competing with each other on their own accord. Sometimes it's hard to determine when that is though. Like, if high schools didn't give teenagers the expectation of deciding on superlatives in their senior year, would they naturally decide to create something of that nature? I doubt it, considering that most high school classes have hundreds of students, but only a handful of superlative "winners". Dunno though. Children who attend democratic schools don't typically get as competitive as public and private school children. Not with each other, at least.
    There is a thinking stuff from which all things are made, and which, in its original state, permeates, penetrates, and fills the interspaces of the universe.

Quote Originally Posted by Magic Poriferan View Post
    You apparently use the word hypocrite for anyone that's giving you trouble or defies your expectations.
    Yes, apparently Do you want a hug?

Quote Originally Posted by FDG View Post
    So am I the only one who actually voted or what? I don't get what people are talking about.
    You don't get TEH IMPORTANCE OF MORALS. Consult MP.

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Spartacuss View Post
    You are unambiguously an idiot if you cannot comprehend that the two are not contradictory.
    You don't have a problem with this discussion, yet you want to hide it from view?

Yeah that makes perfect sense.
    Listen to me, baby, you got to understand, you're old enough to learn the makings of a man.

Tempbanned
    Enneagram
    8w9

Quote Originally Posted by Magic Poriferan View Post
    Nobody was choosing to participate in this competition.
    K I get this, but (fortunately) the right create threads with insensitive ranking systems supersedes the right to not have you're feelings hurt.

Nickle Iron Silicone Charmed Justice's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFJ

Quote Originally Posted by Spartacuss View Post
    I thought there was no such thing as children here - only "young women" or "young men" post around these parts.
    Perhaps you should read more of my post to get a better understanding of my views. Or not...
    There is a thinking stuff from which all things are made, and which, in its original state, permeates, penetrates, and fills the interspaces of the universe.

^He pronks, too! Magic Poriferan's Avatar
    MBTI
    Yin
    Enneagram
    One sx/sp

K I get this, but (fortunately) the right create threads with insensitive ranking systems supersedes the right to not have you're feelings hurt.
    So we're talking about rights now?

We all have the right to invade this thread and talk shit about it, too. What's your point?
    Go to sleep, iguana.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6
    Socionics
    ENFp

Which part of the BOR was that "right"

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4

Quote Originally Posted by Edgar View Post
    You don't have a problem with this discussion, yet you want to hide it from view?

Yeah that makes perfect sense.
    I can view the graveyard threads just fine. The graveyarded superlatives thread is entertaining.

Any questions? Would you like me to break it down further into elementary particles for you?
    Ti (43); Ne (41.8); Te (33.7); Fi (30.5); Ni (27.5); Se (24.7); Si (21.5); Fe (17.3)
    The More You Know the Less You Need. - Aboriginal Saying