User Tag List

12 Last

Thread: I need...

Default I need...

MOTIVATION!!! (does this belong here?) Someone say something to motivate me to write more of my college essay. So far I have : "The matter of a college education is a something to which I have dedicated much thought." I am in love with the school but am afraid that the thoughts that will come out of my head will not be brilliant enough. I started listening to Parliament to motivate myself, but just ended up dancing. eerrrdfkgjkfg. Why am I afraid of something if I have so much to articulate about it?!

[YOUTUBE="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hwb9Tqgi_rA"]P.Funk (Wants to get Funked up)[/YOUTUBE]

awwyeuh

MBTI
    INTP

That music clip would be 1000% better if the video part of the clip was you dancing.

Maybe of use/interest:
    The Age of the Essay
    I'll get you my pretty, and your little hermit crab too!

Thanks for the article. I am going to try and read it. My interest seems to wane during all activities I have attempted to do in the past 5 hours in about 10 minutes.

Those bananas are actually a fairly accurate representation of my arsenal of dance moves.

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by Nyx View Post
    Those bananas are actually a fairly accurate representation of my arsenal of dance moves.
    Something like this?
    [YOUTUBE="iMC3ffwoMVE"]Jamiroquai Dance Compilation[/YOUTUBE]

Thanks for the article. I am going to try and read it. My interest seems to wane during all activities I have attempted to do in the past 5 hours in about 10 minutes.
    If I knew how to solve that particular problem I would be a happy man.
    I'll get you my pretty, and your little hermit crab too!

Glowy Goopy Goodness The_Liquid_Laser's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP

Are you in college writing about college? Is this a paper for some college class? If so then just write about your current feelings. You are excited about learning but also anxious because... and then just write about everything you're feeling. The paper will write itself.

On the other hand if this is like a college entrance essay or something then totally forget what I just said. In that case you just want to write BS that they want to hear. Oh and one more thing:

YOU CAN DO IT!!!!!
    My wife and I made a game to teach kids about nutrition. Please try our game and vote for us to win. (Voting period: July 14 - August 14)
    http://www.revoltingvegetables.com

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6
    Socionics
    ENFp

Just start, write down any crap you have and then edit. You don't need to edit your first draft. Did you outline or anything, to give yourself something to work off of? (Me giving advice on how to not procrastinate, that's funny)

Just keep telling yourself it doesn't have to be perfect first try. That might help.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

Elaborate on that sentence. Talk about the different perspectives you entertained while thinking about it, and what conclusion you came to. Then, maybe talk about how what college in general means to you personally, and what drew you to that particular college.

Come on! You're almost there, you just have to get your initial thoughts down, like Elaur said. Then, you can show it to others and revise/edit.

Day 2: Two pages! (I have to write 4 essays for this college)

Yeah, it's an entrance essay. I used the words cerebral and visceral in the same sentence. Does that make me an asshole?

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by Nyx View Post
    Yeah, it's an entrance essay. I used the words cerebral and visceral in the same sentence. Does that make me an asshole?
    I think it makes you sound clever, actually.

^ It's how I talk normally, anyway. It's not like I'm furiously paging through a thesaurus looking to upgrade my diction.

I'm a little concerned that my love for learning is coming off as sexually gratifying for me. I guess that's better than being an apathetic piece of shit.