User Tag List

12 Last

Thread: Boredom

MBTI
    SEXY

Default Boredom

Lately I've been bored a lot, sitting at home in my free time a lot watching television series, reading books, making big puzzles etc.

I need new stimuli!

Please give me ideas for things to do using the following criteria:

1. It must be able to entertain me for a couple of hours, during the day, the night or both. It doesn't have to be a one time thing, but it should definitely not be one continuous progressing "project" over multiple days.

2. It needs to keep my mind actively occupied, reading a book or listening to music isn't what I'm looking for.

3. It can't cost a lot of money. I'm poor.

Preferences but not criteria:

1. Something social, I find that there are very little people I usually call, I could do with possibilities to meet new people, and perhaps make some friends.

2. Outside my house.

Things to take into consideration:

1. I'm a member of a sports club already, rowing to be exact, I go there once or twice a week to row and usually once a week for drinks, there's usually plenty of people to talk to and it's fun, but it's not really my setting and type of people.

2. I live in a city with about 180,000 people, all the usual services are here, I've got a bike to get anywhere I want to go. You don't really have to take this into account, because not even I know what is and isn't possible in this city.

3. I already play guitar and bass (not in a band, should look into that), go to the pub once or twice a week, I already figured I could look into more 'adult' stuff, but that's for another thread.

4. Doesn't have to be fully legal, I don't really care about the law. You can PM me explicitly illegal instead of posting it in this thread, just to keep this thread friendly for everybody.

Yeah, fill my brain with ideas... And perhaps learn something yourself as well.

MBTI
    ISFJ

Go start a brawl at some cafe or start to spy on people and following them on their way home from work.

MBTI
    SEXY

Quote Originally Posted by Sytpg View Post
    Go start a brawl at some cafe
    Actually, that sounds like fun!

MBTI
    ISFJ

Quote Originally Posted by Shimmy View Post
    Actually, that sounds like fun!
    It feels good to feel validated.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    SLI None

Go to a 5 star hotel and sit in the lounge while a musician plays the piano. Sitting in a high class environment with quality music can give you a lot of inspiration for the future of your life. You could read or have some quality conversations with your friends there. The best part is it's absolutely free.

MBTI
    SEXY

Quote Originally Posted by Ragingkatsuki View Post
    Go to a 5 star hotel and sit in the lounge while a musician plays the piano. Sitting in a high class environment with quality music can give you a lot of inspiration for the future of your life. You could read or have some quality conversations with your friends there. The best part is it's absolutely free.
    Briliant... I don't think we have any big Hotels over here though, but I'm gonna check out the smaller ones and see if there is one with a comfortable atmosphere.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    SLI None

I've done it a number of times. It'd be very refreshing if you do find a nice lounge to sit in.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    ILE

Hit up the bars/clubs man.

Meet some ladies.

You two can entertain each other for as long as you two want.

MBTI
    SEXY

One thing I'm trying right now is to break my record of staying awake. So for I'm at 41 hours and 20 minutes, which is my record. I'm trying to go for 48 hours, though I'm very tired right now... My room doesn't exactly look like it looked before. It doesn't meet criterion 2, and the preferences I stated earlier, but it's a fun experience.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    9w1

Embark on a spiritual journey.
    "If you would convince a man that he does wrong, do right. But do not care to convince him. Men will believe what they see. Let them see."
    Thoreau