User Tag List

Thread: Zipcar

MBTI
    yupp

Default Zipcar

anyone have experience with this company? I decided to join today on their occasional driving plan, since I rarely need a car where I live, and for me to own a car up here it would cost $200 just for the parking place. Considering I would only be driving at most once a month it doesn't seem worth it. So I've been reading reviews and all the bad ones are from people like I returned my car late blah blah and they charged me $50 even though when you sign up theirs a reminder on every page that theirs a $50 late fee charge. But it seems to me if I reserve the car not during peak traffic times I shouldn't have a problem but I'm scared of under estimating the time I need the car. So basically have a made a mistake? Really its mostly to get the dog to the vet and trips to Costco and other errands in the suburbs where things don't cost 50 gajillion dollars.
    In no likes experiment.

that is all

i dunno what else to say so

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram

In Germany there is a similiar company called Greenwheels and they have really good and fair contract conditions.

You have to pay a security of around 200 Euro and then you can drive 10 cent per kilometer and 1 Euro per hour. You have to refuel the car after your done and you pay 5 Euro per month.

Compared to an own car, which I have thats like peanuts. I have to pay for my own car 140 Euro / month hire purchase, 780 Euro I have to pay for insurance for 12 month + 40 Liter per month of gasoline at around 60 Euro + this year's maintenance at around 200 Euro.

The offer of the company is definitly a good idea and basic conditions are fair without hidden traps. I am thinking about donating a membership to my girl for her birthday. She is not from my hometown and when she moved here her parents kept the car, so she is basically for 4 years without a car and that sucks.
    [URL]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEBvftJUwDw&t=0s[/URL]

MBTI
    yupp

I'm just reading the insurance stuff and it seems like if I get in a wreck I'm screwed, which makes me nervous I could pay 75$ for a damage waiver and never have to pay a deducibtle but that's $125 a year but if I don't pay it I have a good chance of having $500 + what ever the other parties insurance company wants to charge if I were to be in an accident. Maybe I'll see how much I actually use them and if it seems like it be worth it I'll add that if not then I'll leave it off. But I am covered for up to $300,000 and PIP at state mandated level is included, which is probably basically useless. so this is why I hate cars I mean they're nice but you total one or something happens then it sucks. Though I did use a promotion code and had the yearly fee for this year waived so I really only paid the $25 registration fee. so really I just need to not get in wreck.
    In no likes experiment.

that is all

i dunno what else to say so

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram

You gotta gamble to have fun
    [URL]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEBvftJUwDw&t=0s[/URL]