User Tag List

123 Last

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram

Default Quotes to Motivate You to *Get To Work*

Let's compile a list of things to motivate us to get to work. I spend far too much procrastinating time on MBTIc. Perhaps a thread will help.

Do the thing and you will have the power.
    Emerson

Our great business in life is not to see what lies dimly at a distance, but to do what lies clearly at hand.
    Thomas Carlyle

When I was a young man, I observed that nine out of ten things I did were failures. I didn
    *You don't have a soul. You are a Soul. You have a body.
    *Faith is the art of holding on to things your reason once accepted, despite your changing moods.
    C.S. Lewis

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram

Why does this keep cutting my posts off? Anyway...

When I was a young man, I observed that nine out of ten things I did were failures. I didn't want to be a failure, so I did ten times more work.
    George Bernard Shaw

Nothing in this world can take the place of persistence. Talent will not; nothing is more common than unsuccessful men with talent. Genius will not; unrewarded genius is almost a proverb. Education will not; the world is full of educated failures. Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent.
    Calvin Coolidge

Genius is nothing but labour and diligence.
    William Hogarth

One is not born a genius. One becomes a genius.
    Simone de Beauvoir

One of the greatest of all principles is that men can do what they think they can do.
    Norman Vincent Peale
    *Faith is the art of holding on to things your reason once accepted, despite your changing moods.
    C.S. Lewis

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram

my computer was being moody. it's all fixed now.
    C.S. Lewis

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ExTJ

That's odd. (Apostrophy appears to work for me.)

The first quote (To beat anyone else who thinks of this)(Not really a "quote"): "Time spent on MBTIcentral procrastination threads is time not doing something else."

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

"Time stops for no man." -- Unknown

"If you put your mind to it, you can accomplish anything." -- Dr. Brown (Back to the Future)

"Tomorrow, every Fault is to be amended; but that Tomorrow never comes." -- Benjamin Franklin

MBTI
    INTJ

No steps backward. - Quintus Horatuis Flaccus

Self-respect is the fruit of discipline; the sense of dignity grows with the ability to say no to oneself. - Abraham J. Heschel

There is nothing with which every man is so afraid as getting to know how enormously much he is capable of doing and becoming. - Kierkegaard

In men of the highest character and noblest genius there is to be found an insatiable desire for honour, command, power, and glory. - Cicero

Show me a thoroughly satisfied man, and I will show you a failure. - I forgot who...

Ambition is so powerful a passion in the human beast, that no matter how high we achieve, we are never satisfied.

We are here to laugh at the odds and live our lives so well that Death will tremble to take us. - Charles Bukowski

The reason so few people are successful is no one has yet found a way for someone to sit down and slide uphill. - W. Clement Stone

Hard pressed on my right. My center is yielding. Impossible to maneuver. Situation excellent. I am attacking. - Ferdinand Foch

It is not the critic who counts: not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles or where the doer of deeds could have done better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood, who strives valiantly, who errs and comes up short again and again, because there is no effort without error or shortcoming, but who knows the great enthusiasms, the great devotions, who spends himself for a worthy cause; who, at the best, knows, in the end, the triumph of high achievement, and who, at the worst, if he fails, at least he fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who knew neither victory nor defeat. - "Citizenship in a Republic," Speech at the Sorbonne Paries, April 23, 1910

Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit upon his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats. - H.L. Mencken

The ability to quote is a serviceable substitute for wit. - W. Somerset Maugham

I have many more awesome quotes in a text file. I'll try attaching it, but I'm not sure if it will work.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    • File Type: txt w.txt (29.2 KB, 9 views)
    "You will always be fond of me. I represent to you all the sins you never had the courage to commit."

Reason is, and ought only to be the slave of the passions, and can never pretend to any other office
    than to serve and obey them. - David Hume

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram

sweet.

the text file worked.
    C.S. Lewis

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    1w9

"Time to lean? Time to clean."

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Usehername View Post
    sweet.

the text file worked.

A lot of it is obviously not related to work. It tends to go in cycles of topic, generally related to war/crime/freedom/ambition.
    "You will always be fond of me. I represent to you all the sins you never had the courage to commit."

Reason is, and ought only to be the slave of the passions, and can never pretend to any other office
    than to serve and obey them. - David Hume

MBTI
    INTP

"The man who walks a mile a day will eventually make it around the world." - Chinese Proverb

I played lacrosse in high school and when there was a minute in each half the time keeper would walk out to the ref and stand there with the clock to let him know that play was coming to an end. Our coach would always yell out "Clock's on the field!" Which would warn us that we have to move quickly or time would run out on us. Now to myself when I am not being as productive as I want to or have trouble getting out of bed, I'll say "Clock's on!" to help jumpstart me or kick my butt in gear.