User Tag List

First 12345 Last

MBTI
    INTP

"The twenty-page paper is due next week...its worth 50% of your grade".
    Sadly, inspirational quotes do not motivate me to "get to work", so I suffer the self-induced pain of being a procrastinating perfectionist.

MBTI
    INFJ

What will dad/mom/sister/brother/grandma/grandpa/aunt/uncle/great-aunt/great-uncle/cousins/friends say to me when they find out I did not do my work?!?!?!?!?!?!!?!

In my family, we have a gossip chain so elaborate that I know in detail about my most distant relatives' love lives, etc.

MBTI
    ISTP

Quote Originally Posted by erm View Post
    "When you stare at the abyss, the abyss stares back at you"
    This + sharingan = awesomeness. On too many levels.

MBTI
    xNFJ

'Today is the first day of the rest of my life.'

This is one of my favourites. I just think the words for immediate hope and focus.

MBTI
    infp

Quote Originally Posted by xNFJiminy View Post
    'Today is the first day of the rest of my life.'

This is one of my favourites. I just think the words for immediate hope and focus.
    I hate that quote for some reason. My Law teacher says it soemtimes, but I don't like it. some people were like "hey, yah, thats true!", but I was just like "yah, no shit" :P I didn't find it inspirational at all.

I also hate "today is the tommorow you worried about yesterday". It sounds like clever wordplay, but it isn't :P

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    9w1
    Socionics
    INFj None

I motivate myself with something like

"If you are not diligent, you will end up being one of those little old ladies who spend their retirement years standing in the entrance of Walmart getting people carts. That's not how you want to spend your retirement, is it?"
    “There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old’s life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.”
    ~ John Rogers

MBTI
    yupp

I find some homeless person on the street and say to myself "If you don't get off your ass and be productive your going to end up like this"

MBTI
    infp

Quote Originally Posted by prplchknz View Post
    I find some homeless person on the street and say to myself "If you don't get off your ass and be productive your going to end up like this"
    Just an interesting thought, in my town there is a man who used to be a professor who chose to abandon that life and live as a homeless person because he thought he would be happier that way...

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    9w1
    Socionics
    INFj None

I might find when I'm an old lady that I am happier being a Walmart greeter, but I want to have the opportunity to be an RV snowbird if I can talk Don into it.
    “There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old’s life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.”
    ~ John Rogers

MBTI
    yupp

That's cool. If I wanted to be homeless then I would be, but I like my bed and my apartment and my food and being warm in the winter.I don't see how anyone could be happier in January on the streets of Chicago