User Tag List

123 Last

Enneagram
    1w2

Default Thoughts on the Picture Thread

I don't ever go in the thread unless some moderating has to be done. If I happen to see what someone looks like on the forum it's because they have pics of themselves up in their profiles or if a person puts a pic up in random threads.

I know the picture thread is probably the most popular thread on the entire forum but is it just me in that I DON'T want to know what people here look like?

This makes me miss Edahn and all his metaforuming.
    Relationships have normal ebbs and flows. They do not automatically get better and better when the participants learn more and more about each other. Instead, the participants have to work through the tensions of the relationship (the dialectic) while they learn and group themselves and a parties in a relationships. At times the relationships is very open and sharing. Other time, one or both parties to the relationship need their space, or have other concerns, and the relationship is less open. The theory posits that these cycles occur throughout the life of the relationship as the persons try to balance their needs for privacy and open relationship.
    Interpersonal Communication Theories and Concepts
    Social Penetration Theory 1
    Social Penetration Theory 2
    Social Penetration Theory 3

The Duchess of Oddity Queen Kat's Avatar
    MBTI
    E.T.
    Enneagram
    7w8

OMG I want to know what you look like!!! Pictures! Pictures! Pictures! I want to see some pictures!!! PLEASE!!!
    I was sitting outside the classroom waiting to go in, and I saw an airplane hit the tower. The TV was obviously on. I used to fly myself and I said, "There's one terrible pilot."
    - George W. Bush -

SCUAI - 7w8 sx/sp - Chaotic Evil - Fucking Cute - ALIVE

Blog. Read it, bitches.
    Questions? Click here
    If you don't agree about my MBTI type, you can complain about it here. I've had plenty of people telling me I'm something else, in my reputation box. That's annoying.

Enneagram
    9w8 so/sx

I rarely go in there anymore either, mostly cause it takes longer to load and I usually have images switched off so the effort v reward factor is unfavourable.

It's not that I don't want to know what people look like, it's more that I just often don't care.

Nickle Iron Silicone Charmed Justice's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFJ

I love seeing what people look like. I'd love to hear voices too. And I highly recommend a teleport key. These here internets can be so impersonal.
    There is a thinking stuff from which all things are made, and which, in its original state, permeates, penetrates, and fills the interspaces of the universe.

MBTI
    STP

Some people I would like to see what they look like, just because I like people watching. Pictures though are not dynamic enough for me to tie what people say to the image of them. All the images in my head are based on real life interactions so online images dont really get tied to anything. They need to be directly tied to the interaction. Its like mapping the visual interaction with the actual context.

MBTI
    xxxx

Quote Originally Posted by proteanmix View Post
    I don't ever go in the thread unless some moderating has to be done. If I happen to see what someone looks like on the forum it's because they have pics of themselves up in their profiles or if a person puts a pic up in random threads.

I know the picture thread is probably the most popular thread on the entire forum but is it just me in that I DON'T want to know what people here look like?
    It's not just you. I don't care what anyone looks like either. I have online friends I've talked to for years and never seen a picture of. Doesn't phase me in the least.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    SLI None

I don't care what people look like. It won't change my opinion of them so I don't go on the thread either. Someone who shows their picture never gives a positive effect towards me unless they are directing their message to me through their picture.

Nickle Iron Silicone Charmed Justice's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFJ

I'd be really happy if everyone had a webcam and I could broadcast a collage of interactions onto my wall at home and just sit back and have a semi-normal conversation flow with the projections. OMG. I'd never leave.
    There is a thinking stuff from which all things are made, and which, in its original state, permeates, penetrates, and fills the interspaces of the universe.

MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    9w8 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by EnFpFer View Post
    I'd be really happy if everyone had a webcam and I could broadcast a collage of interactions onto my wall at home and just sit back and have a semi-normal conversation flow with the projections. OMG. I'd never leave.
    You would enjoy ventrilo chat then. It's voice and text chat all in one.
    () 9w8-3w4-7w6 tritype.

sCueI (primary Inquisition)

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

It doesn't bother me to know what people here look like, but I don't particularly care either, honestly. I'm just kind of indifferent.

This is one of the reasons I never understood Facebook. The whole thing was centered around adding pictures of yourself with various people in various places. I was more verbal/textual and people didn't "get it."