User Tag List

First 12345 Last

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by Jen View Post
    eh, it doesn't bother me to see what someone looks like. what i find annoying is when they never post or contribute but then pop into the picture thread and post one right after another. "a" picture is fine but 5 or more different poses is just whoring. a little intrigue goes a long way.
    Heh, same here.

I like to know what people look like once I'm aware of their presence on the boards through their posts.
    Something Witty

MBTI
    INxJ

I look once in a blue moon, but it's not important to me.

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    873 sx/so
    Socionics
    SLE Ti

Quote Originally Posted by Tallulah View Post
    Heh, same here.

I like to know what people look like once I'm aware of their presence on the boards through their posts.
    3rded, This is why the one picture I've always looked forward to seeing more then anyone else's at the time was Athenian200. All we knew was that he posted a lot, and that no one had any idea what he looked like. Now I just look in the thread out of habit.

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEE

Quote Originally Posted by Silently Honest View Post
    3rded, This is why the one picture I've always looked forward to seeing more then anyone else's at the time was Athenian200. All we knew was that he posted a lot, and that no one had any idea what he looked like. Now I just look in the thread out of habit.
    Ha, after the athenian gender thread, all of a sudden I thought Athenian might look like a drag queen.
    Then I saw it and was surprised to see he looked normal.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by proteanmix View Post
    I don't ever go in the thread unless some moderating has to be done. If I happen to see what someone looks like on the forum it's because they have pics of themselves up in their profiles or if a person puts a pic up in random threads.

I know the picture thread is probably the most popular thread on the entire forum but is it just me in that I DON'T want to know what people here look like?
    It's not just you. Sometimes the comments are interesting though. Sometimes nauseating. The attention whoring is just ... sad. And I think underagers shouldn't be permitted to post pics. I don't think they necessarily understand the dangers and they ought to be shielded from unwholesome attention.

This makes me miss Edahn and all his metaforuming.
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by Ivy View Post
    Gosh, the world looks so small from up here on my high horse of menstruation.

Riva

Quote Originally Posted by proteanmix View Post
    I don't ever go in the thread unless some moderating has to be done. If I happen to see what someone looks like on the forum it's because they have pics of themselves up in their profiles or if a person puts a pic up in random threads.

I know the picture thread is probably the most popular thread on the entire forum but is it just me in that I DON'T want to know what people here look like?

This is what ugly people say.

Enneagram
    1w2

Quote Originally Posted by Curzon View Post

This is what ugly people say.

I like that!
    Relationships have normal ebbs and flows. They do not automatically get better and better when the participants learn more and more about each other. Instead, the participants have to work through the tensions of the relationship (the dialectic) while they learn and group themselves and a parties in a relationships. At times the relationships is very open and sharing. Other time, one or both parties to the relationship need their space, or have other concerns, and the relationship is less open. The theory posits that these cycles occur throughout the life of the relationship as the persons try to balance their needs for privacy and open relationship.
    Interpersonal Communication Theories and Concepts
    Social Penetration Theory 1
    Social Penetration Theory 2
    Social Penetration Theory 3

MBTI
    INFP

I rarely visit the picture thread, unless it's a slow night and the picture thread is going berserk. Personally I'm not interested in what anyone looks like until they've hit at least the 1000 posts mark. Too many of the pics I've seen there belong to people who didn't even hit the 200 mark. There are a few senior posters whose pics I've never seen and would be interested in seeing. If I could see those pics I'd probably never open the thread again.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6
    Socionics
    ENFp

I love seeing pics of people I know of as words although sometimes it does feel like attention whoring. I guess posting to profile albums would make more sense, I tried to make one once and it crashed so I gave up.

Actual pictures of people get lost in that thread among the "I'd hit it" posts. There are still some people that I wish I knew what they looked like but I figure I missed it and I won't ever find it if they posted one.

Habitual Fi LineStepper JocktheMotie's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Elaur View Post

Actual pictures of people get lost in that thread among the "I'd hit it" posts. There are still some people that I wish I knew what they looked like but I figure I missed it and I won't ever find it if they posted one.
    Partially the reason for that other Picture Time thread with just the pictures, I thought that was a really good idea...though a time consuming moderating project.