User Tag List

First 1234 Last

MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    9w8 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

I like seeing how people look, it makes this site more social. It's cool, it's a mixture of socializing and discussion.
    () 9w8-3w4-7w6 tritype.

sCueI (primary Inquisition)

I usually prefer my mental image of the people based on their online personality traits and voice rather than their actual appearance, so it doesn't bother me to not know what my internet friends look like... and sometimes it does bother me to find out.

On the other hand, I don't really care much either way. I definitely have close internet friends of years and years that I have never seen a picture of, and others that I've seen hundreds of and their physical appearance is fully meshed with my mental concept of them as a person.

I don't read the picture thread here simply because the ratio of actual pictures to random conversation and comments is too low and I don't have any desire to read a few hundred pages of a thread only to see what 100 people look like.
    oh we will never die
    beside you in time

Nickle Iron Silicone Charmed Justice's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFJ

Quote Originally Posted by BlackCat View Post
    I like seeing how people look, it makes this site more social. It's cool, it's a mixture of socializing and discussion.
    Ya. This is me. Like, I'm all imaging what people look like and how they sound, but there's nothing like the real thing, if you ask me. I also like seeing pictures of people's surroundings as well: pictures of their community, the things they keep close to them. I don't know. Just feels more personal. More real.
    There is a thinking stuff from which all things are made, and which, in its original state, permeates, penetrates, and fills the interspaces of the universe.

MBTI
    STP

Quote Originally Posted by EnFpFer View Post
    Ya. This is me. Like, I'm all imaging what people look like and how they sound, but there's nothing like the real thing, if you ask me. I also like seeing pictures of people's surroundings as well: pictures of their community, the things they keep close to them. I don't know. Just feels more personal. More real.
    I think my Se is so strong and Ne weak enough that I need the real thing. Thats why I am not a phone person, I have to have the full experience, I cant even come close to mentally closing the gap. Thats the distance that I can not overcome without real life contact and interactions.

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEE

Quote Originally Posted by poki View Post
    I think my Se is so strong and Ne weak enough that I need the real thing. Thats why I am not a phone person, I have to have the full experience, I cant even come close to mentally closing the gap. Thats the distance that I can not overcome without real life contact and interactions.
    I am the same way.
    That's why I'm not flirtatious on here, too, though I can be IRL.
    Because to me, you're all words and 2D avatars.

MBTI
    STP

Quote Originally Posted by shortnsweet View Post
    I am the same way.
    That's why I'm not flirtatious on here, too, though I can be IRL.
    Because to me, you're all words and 2D avatars.
    Some people remind me of others I know IRL and it helps, but one of the things I notice with ENFPs is that I miss the tone. I get confused between things coming out driven by Fi vs Te. It leads to me going one direction and others going a different direction. ENFJs are similiar enough to me so I can usually pick it up.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    xkcd
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/sp
    Socionics
    INT_

I like pictures, the more info the better.

Nickle Iron Silicone Charmed Justice's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFJ

Quote Originally Posted by poki View Post
    Some people remind me of others I know IRL and it helps, but one of the things I notice with ENFPs is that I miss the tone.
    Heh. Tone is so important to effective communication. I mean, obviously I can read, but still. That's why I use the heck out of these emoticons. Sometimes I write something, and then when I read it, I think,"Damn, that sounded smart ass" and I'll use the emoty so my real point hopefully has a better chance of getting across.

But about pics; if I see someone's face, even in a picture, then I can imagine how they form their face when they speak. I can see the expressions they make,etc...Just another piece of the puzzle.

Some people remind me of people I know in real life too. That's another reason why a picture or voice(pattern of speech) works better for me though. It helps me to not respond to the person as though they are someone else.
    There is a thinking stuff from which all things are made, and which, in its original state, permeates, penetrates, and fills the interspaces of the universe.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEI Ni

I love photos. I'm very visual and like to have a mental picture of someone. I will create one if I don't know what they look like.

I also like to hear people's voices.

Ventrillo sounds too much like the phone for me though (and I hate talking on the phone), and I don't like instant messaging either. I'm not a chatty person.

Quote Originally Posted by Hands Mechanical View Post
    I don't read the picture thread here simply because the ratio of actual pictures to random conversation and comments is too low and I don't have any desire to read a few hundred pages of a thread only to see what 100 people look like.
    That annoys me a bit also. There's this other forum I used to post on and they had a picture only thread and a picture comment thread. That way you could just skim through photos without comments clogging it up. It worked out really well.
    Often a star was waiting for you to notice it. A wave rolled toward you out of the distant past, or as you walked under an open window, a violin yielded itself to your hearing. All this was mission. But could you accomplish it? (Rilke)

INFP | 4w5 sp/sx | RLUEI - Primary Inquisitive | Tritype is tripe

MBTI
    TIGR
    Enneagram
    3w4
    Socionics
    EII None

eh, it doesn't bother me to see what someone looks like. what i find annoying is when they never post or contribute but then pop into the picture thread and post one right after another. "a" picture is fine but 5 or more different poses is just whoring. a little intrigue goes a long way.