half mystic, half skeksis jenocyde's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Socionics
    ENTp

Quote Originally Posted by Sytpg View Post
    I wanted to know how much importance you people have put in social interaction, throughout the years. Was/is it paramount to you, in order to feel happy?
    I never notice that I am unhappy until I go out with my friends and come home feeling so energized and alive and I kick myself for not doing it more. I live my life as a loner, most days. I get my Ne fix from the internet, films, books, etc. People usually have to drag me out kicking and screaming, and I bail on plans a *lot*, but once I'm out and about, nothing makes me happier. I love hanging out with people but as I get older, I find that hanging out just for the sake of hanging out has less appeal. I also find myself hanging out with people more one-on-one these days, which is new for me. I used to usually roll in big groups that keep collecting people.

Also, I often find myself torn between intellectual curbing and silly-switch social curbing. And due to inferiror Si, I think, I have a tendency of misconstruing how much fun I've actually had in the past lol and always feels like I haven't lived life to the fullest.
    I feel like I've accomplished nothing and have done nothing fun with my life. Everyone I know begs to differ, but I have a very short memory for such things.

So, after that nap, what are your thoughts on this and your personal view on the importance of social life and/or external stimulation for you, as an ENXP? Can you fathom any patterns? What about your experience? Does it make you happy?
    what he said:

Quote Originally Posted by EcK View Post
    yeah i'm with chick on this one.
    I'm either uber sociable or not at all.

But i don't see it as a flaw or anything, it's just that i'm not always interested by what most people have to offer.
    I'm not sure i could live without people around me in the long run tho, it makes me feel all lonely and stuff, the more i see people the more i need to see people i'd say.

In any case i'd die horribly without some constant source of stimulation that's for sure.

and yeah, meeting people IS easy, I've never seen it as an obstacle to confront or anything.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    ILE None

Quote Originally Posted by Tewt View Post
    I have no social life right now. I'm sort of in the middle of a 1/3 life crisis. Changing careers, settling into a new house, getting married etc. I kinda go through this cycle every few years, revamp myself and then get back out socializing. No matter where I'm at in the cycle, I only keep in touch with the same 5/6 close friends. When I'm in socializing mood I will have many buddies to do things with, but it is rare that someone actually makes it to friend status.
    yeah, i've often told people and thought that i tend to function in cycles, not necessarily in the 'stuck' meaning, but somehow i repeat patterns of socializing and not, of frantic learning etc.. i don't really have those in mind atm, kind of listening to some economic radio atm.
    Expression of the post modern paradox : "For the love of god, religions are so full of shit"

Theory is always superseded by Fact...
    ... In theory.

“I’d hate to die twice. It’s so boring.”
    Richard Feynman's last recorded words

"Great is the human who has not lost his childlike heart."
    Mencius (Meng-Tse), 4th century BCE

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    ILE None

Quote Originally Posted by jenocyde View Post
    I never notice that I am unhappy until I go out with my friends and come home feeling so energized and alive and I kick myself for not doing it more. I live my life as a loner, most days. I get my Ne fix from the internet, films, books, etc.
    yeah i can be like that for most of a year at a time.
    Quote Originally Posted by jenocyde View Post
    People usually have to drag me out kicking and screaming, and I bail on plans a *lot*, but once I'm out and about, nothing makes me happier.
    true.

depends really,
    but when i'm in 'social mod' i'm proactive and stuff, otherwise u could probably see drag marks on the pavement around my place if you meet me at my less sociable.

a few weeks ago i started wondering what was up with me and not going out with people more these days, I then was invited to a bday (my brother's 35th bday ) and was reminded that i absolutly loved to talk with people and parties, it's just that people my age quite often bore me to death.
    Expression of the post modern paradox : "For the love of god, religions are so full of shit"

... In theory.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    ILE

I have a pretty wide range of different social contacts and I hang out with a lot of different people.

Life is just more interesting that way...if I'm in an environment where I can tell my personality is not going to gel well with those around me, I will clam up and basically turn INTP, but in most places I can find some way to break the mold and get something social going.

The only time this doesn't really work is in an environment with stupid SPs. (Note that I'm not calling SPs stupid, just that the stupid ones pretty much hate anyone who isn't SP and SPness is very hard to fake convincingly.)

As others have noted I have a large number of acquaintances and casual contacts but not too many genuine friends. Most people I would consider true friends are NPs.
    If you could be anything you want, I bet you'd be disappointed--am I right?

MBTI
    intp
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainChick View Post
    I go all for some reason.
    Maybe you need someone who can look inside your head thru your eyes, so that the ninja mask wont help you.
    "Where wisdom reigns, there is no conflict between thinking and feeling."
    — C.G. Jung

Read

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram

I'm a loner.

Sometimes I like it, but other times I hate it. I'm 17, I'm in the prime of my life, the most freedom with the least amount of responsibility. It's hard for me to get in with particular social groups because I'm too much of an Outsider. But people like me, and I like a lot of people..I just can't connect to a lot of them, so it cliffs off.

I have a weird set of friends. Kind of a bunch of loose edges. People from every group that I have found solace in. It's ecclectic, I am not a fitter-inner, but can make friends.

But when there is a girl involved, I'll take those necessary strides into the bush, fiddle around, and walk her out to show her my world. Which I am in the process of doing now. I really like her and I hope it goes well.
    Is it that by its indefiniteness it shadows forth the heartless voids and immensities of the universe, and thus stabs us from behind with the thought of annihilation, when beholding the white depths of the milky way?

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    ILE None

Quote Originally Posted by INTP View Post
    Maybe you need someone who can look inside your head thru your eyes, so that the ninja mask wont help you.
    you mean like a mask made with the skin of her face?

... In theory.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    3w2

Quote Originally Posted by EcK View Post
    you mean like a mask made with the skin of her face?

???
    "Beware Those Who Are ALWAYS READING BOOKS" - Bukowski

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6
    Socionics
    ILE

I need a broad variety of freaks and normals hovering around the periphery, or else I get bored. But I need a select few mind mates to share every part of myself with, or else I get lonely.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    ILE

Quote Originally Posted by BlahBlahNounBlah View Post
    I need a broad variety of freaks and normals hovering around the periphery, or else I get bored. But I need a select few mind mates to share every part of myself with, or else I get lonely.
    +1
    If you could be anything you want, I bet you'd be disappointed--am I right?