2 3.08%
First 12345 Last

MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    9w8 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

The only reason my TV ever gets turned on is to play video games with my friends or roommate. I haven't watched TV for a very long time. If I'm away from home I watch TV if it's available and my books aren't providing much mental stimulation.

If I have ANYTHING else I could possibly do I do that instead of watching TV. Lots of TV is just terrible nowadays.
    () 9w8-3w4-7w6 tritype.

sCueI (primary Inquisition)

your resident asshole

TV isn't the main thing in my life, but it's the main way that I hear about news. Also, I can't sleep without it on because I'm a scaredy-cat.

MBTI
    INTx

I watched a lot of TV when I was growing up. It was pretty integrated into everyday life at all hours. But the older I got the more it irritated me. It's just so.. ehh... watered down generic drama crap.. I dunno. Aside from discovery and history channels it felt almost insulting to watch. I haven't had a TV or cable service for years.

I'd consider getting one if I had a family. I do admit it was good for group things like movies, and has educational worth. I'd just be wary of using it more than occasionally.

Quote Originally Posted by Alwar View Post
    I'm pretty surprised by the responses. Wonder if people are afraid of admitting their obnoxious TV watching habits or if the internet is simply taking over, sort of like mobile phones invading the land line market.
    Internet is taking over, yes

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by Feops View Post
    discovery and history channels
    Lots of those babies online. Unfortunately the newer ones are starting to sound like sensationalist/reality show format crap (WHAT IF THE MOON HIT THE EARTH?? *plethora of celebrity scientists comment*), but there are some good ones on this YouTube channel.

YouTube - Zuke696's Channel

MBTI
    ENFP

I don't have cable. I keep up with a few TV shows over the Internet. So I end up watching 2 hours of TV a week. Way below the average.
    ENFP Male: E-74% N-95% F-58% P-84% 3w2
    "I feel there are two people inside me - me and my intuition. If I go against her, she'll screw me every time, and if I follow her, we get along quite nicely." -Kim Basinger

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    INFp

What about the correlation between tv and internet use? Personally I reckon that as an entertainment avenue the internet has replaced the television hence my lack of being interested in tv as I used to. However before internet browsing my interest in television was on the high end, nowadays its on the low end since internet has replaced much of my entertainment value tv has. Besides I can read about episodes and tv shows much sooner online than on tv too.

I watch a little TV every day. I'm no addict but I enjoy a good movie/program.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    9w1
    Socionics
    INFj None

I keep forgetting to watch the few shows I like. Since we dropped down to basic cable, the kids don't even turn the thing on anymore. I don't miss the loudness and noise of it.
    “There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old’s life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.”
    ~ John Rogers

MBTI
    ENTP

Netflix streaming to XBOX, Hulu, and bittorrent.
    "Create like a god, command like a king, work like a slave."

`~~Philosoflying~~` SillySapienne's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5

Yes.
    `
    'Cause you can't handle me...

"A lie is a lie even if everyone believes it. The truth is the truth even if nobody believes it." - David Stevens

"That that is, is. That that is not, is not. Is that it? It is."

Veritatem dies aperit

Ride si sapis

Intelligentle sparkles