User Tag List

First 21011121314 Last

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by Antisocial one View Post
    Can someone explain "I don't want people that I know to die" attitude ?
    can you pretend for a moment that you're human and figure it out!!?? ffs man!
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison

Quote Originally Posted by Lady X View Post
    can you pretend for a moment that you're human and figure it out!!?? ffs man!
    I undertand it actually.
    It is just that I find it quite hypocritic.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

hypocritical that one would be more personally effected by the loss of someone they know personally...intimately? someone that was your whole world vs a random name?

that's honest.. not saying it's more important...or that the loss you feel is greater than the people that know random person...just that to you...it is more difficult.

how is that hypocritical?
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison

hypocritical that one would be more personally effected by the loss of someone they know personally...intimately? someone that was your whole world vs a random name?

that's honest.. not saying it's more important...or that the loss you feel is greater than the people that know random person...just that to you...it is more difficult.

how is that hypocritical?
    But if you care about your mother more than about mothers of millions then you are a hypocrit in my opinion. Which is because in this case you are not trully interested in love. Instead you are probably just a slave of your fears.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

humans are built that way ao...that's what separates the love of family from that of a stranger. are you trying to say there should be no special bond in that sense?
    -Jim Morrison

humans are built that way ao...that's what separates the love of family from that of a stranger. are you trying to say there should be no special bond in that sense?
    To be honest love is something I don't understand/grasp fully as concept.
    Actually the reason why I didn't answer the question in the OP is because I can't really relate to the question.

But my answer to your question is "yes". As technological level is growing we will lose "the luxury" of acting in a way that is in human nature. Which is because "selfish logic" in all of its forms will become too dangerous simply because our power growths exponentially. "The selfish individuals" could simply make too much damadge if they are given access to "proper" technology. What is inevitable as tech level growths.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    9w1

I deplore this scenario, but:

I'm pretty sure I'd die for a random person. Pretty tough not to, if you possess anything approaching unconditional love for humanity (not saying I'm close, but close enough).
    "If you would convince a man that he does wrong, do right. But do not care to convince him. Men will believe what they see. Let them see."
    Thoreau

MBTI
    INTJ

But if you care about your mother more than about mothers of millions then you are a hypocrit in my opinion. Which is because in this case you are not trully interested in love. Instead you are probably just a slave of your fears.
    Wtf r u talking about, man?

I hope this is some kind of an intellectual exercise for you. Otherwise you are either insane and/or retarded.
    Listen to me, baby, you got to understand, you're old enough to learn the makings of a man.

Glowy Goopy Goodness The_Liquid_Laser's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP

I'm not sure how you are using the word hypocrit here. Most people mean hypocrit to be someone who acts differently then what they say. I don't think anyone is really doing that in this thread. If people are saying they care more for people they know than they do strangers, then there isn't anything hypocritical about that. They're saying that's just the way it is.

They'd have to shoot their friend the next day or something to make it hypocritical.
    My wife and I made a game to teach kids about nutrition. Please try our game and vote for us to win. (Voting period: July 14 - August 14)
    http://www.revoltingvegetables.com

MBTI
    JINX
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

I keep turning this over in my head..

It wouldn't be the easiest decision.. but
    ..I really think I'd save myself every time.
    (But I'd probably try to help/encourage other people to.. save themselves? I couldn't stand by and do nothing, but I also sure as hell don't have any desire to lie down & sacrifice my existence for no reason aside from allowing others to live.)

..Probably not the most NF of choices.

Odds are I'd probably die unintentially attempting to reach a compromise in that sort of scenario.
    03/23 06:06:58 EcK: lex
    03/23 06:06:59 EcK: lex
    03/23 06:21:34 Nancynobullets: LEXXX *sacrifices a first born*
    03/23 06:21:53 Nancynobullets: We summon yooouuu
    03/23 06:29:07 Lexicon: I was sleeping!

04/25 04:20:35 Patches: Don't listen to lex. She wants to birth a litter of kittens. She doesnt get to decide whats creepy

02/16 23:49:38 ygolo: Lex is afk
    02/16 23:49:45 Cimarron: she's doing drugs with Jack

03/05 19:27:41 Time: You can't make chat morbid. Lex does it naturally.