User Tag List

First 456

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5
    Socionics
    LoL

I've got a Nano meeting/write-in at a local cafe in an hour and a half. Thankfully, I'm all caught up so anything I do beyond this point tonight will keep me ahead.

One tip I forgot to mention, and this may be obvious so forgive me if it is, but in order to keep the wordcount going, the best method I have found to just keep writing no matter what is to write scenes out of order. I always have at least 15-20 scenes (names, at least) written down and ready to start. If I am sitting idle at my computer screen or notebook for more than 60 seconds, I simply move on to the next scene, and so on. I never won Nano before I utilized this method. This can be effective whether you do plan an in-depth outline beforehand, or you just "wing it."
    "How can I be, all I want to be,
    When all I want to do is strip away these stilled constraints
    And crush this charade, shred this sad, masquerade"
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qGeq5v7L3WM

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5
    Socionics
    LoL

The write-in went well tonight. Everyone was very productive and it was fun to meet everyone. I definitely suggest attending a write-in in your area if there is one, or if not you could organize one. I took a pen and notebook (don't have a laptop) and I still managed to write about 3,000 words long-hand.

MBTI
    INTP

5822 words so far - of which 2000 are a scene in which the main character is tortured.

Writing violence is so much easier than advancing the plot...

This sounds entertaining and almost insane enough to motivate me to try it. If I do, I'll start Tuesday after my course enrolment is in.

I was thinking we need some themes or lines that people have to include. Like everyone must make a reference to Victor or something.

Need to decide what I'm writing about...
    Freude, schöner Götterfunken Tochter aus Elysium, Wir betreten feuertrunken, Himmlische, dein Heiligtum! Deine Zauber binden wieder Was die Mode streng geteilt; Alle Menschen werden Brüder, Wo dein sanfter Flügel weilt.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5
    Socionics
    LoL

How is everyone doing? I have kind of fallen off the wagon, since I've been applying for a lot of jobs & trying to work with recruiters this past week.

However, we got 12" of snow this morning. So, now I am in my cozy nostalgic winter mode. Dang, I should have gotten some hot chocolate at the store.

Also, check out Nanocatz for epic lulz! NANOcats - Our Enthusiasm Let Us Show You It - Absolute Write Water Cooler

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5
    Socionics
    LoL

The lessons I learned during Nano '09 were:

-I should not assume because I can write 5,000 words on a given day that I necessarily will.
    -I should not write literary fiction without a great deal of planning including detailed character background.
    -I think much faster in fantasy than I do in the literary genre.
    -Fantasy can be fixed, to some degree, by a good quick action scene. Literary fiction, not so much.
    -All dialogue is more interesting with swords.

/////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

With about another 30,000-40,000 words, I could finish a previous fantasy genre Nanonovel that I worked on a few years back. I'm pretty sure I'm going to do that instead, and abandon 2009's Nanonovel for now...

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6
    Socionics
    ENFp

I got to 8k. I keep thinking about finishing it, I left one of my poor characters locked in a room.

MBTI
    intp
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx

i dunno what it is
    "Where wisdom reigns, there is no conflict between thinking and feeling."
    — C.G. Jung

Read

Lungs & Lips Locked Unkindloving's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5
    Socionics
    ENFj

Quote Originally Posted by speculative View Post
    The lessons I learned during Nano '09 were:

-I should not assume because I can write 5,000 words on a given day that I necessarily will.
    -I should not write literary fiction without a great deal of planning including detailed character background.
    -I think much faster in fantasy than I do in the literary genre.
    -Fantasy can be fixed, to some degree, by a good quick action scene. Literary fiction, not so much.
    -All dialogue is more interesting with swords.

/////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

With about another 30,000-40,000 words, I could finish a previous fantasy genre Nanonovel that I worked on a few years back. I'm pretty sure I'm going to do that instead, and abandon 2009's Nanonovel for now...
    I learned the first one fairly quickly. The most i managed in a day was 4k, but anytime i sat down to mimic that event went to hell. So much time was spent staring at my OpenOffice document, procrastinating, thinking "I should be writing" like a broken-record novel-zombie.
    The good is what you accomplished and learned.
    I also learned that i could come up with a plot for a novel, embrace it, and write over 1,000 words cohesively.

Quote Originally Posted by Elaur View Post
    I got to 8k. I keep thinking about finishing it, I left one of my poor characters locked in a room.
    Ha you can do it! I got to 22k and stopped because i started questioning when important conversations would take place/what they would reveal. My characters were in the "Well.. we'll just be lovey while you figure it out!" and i looked at them in this manner , exclaiming "no... you will not."

Quote Originally Posted by INTP View Post
    i dunno what it is
    National Novel Writing Month. The entire month of November is dedicated to writing a 50,000 word novel. The plot is of the author's choosing and the basis isn't to make a masterpiece.
    Hang on traveling woman - Don't sacrifice your plan
    Cause it will come back to you - Before you lose it on the man

.:: DWTWD ::.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

2011 TypeC Exercise Challenge - My Weekly Goals: Cardio 4x. Yoga/Pilates 1x. Pushups 70.

There is this thing keeping everyone's lungs and lips locked - It is called fear and it's seeing a great renaissance