123 Last

MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    9w8 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Default Need help- situation with friends and their dog

Alright, so last week two friends moved in. I took them in because I've been getting sort of lonely and very bored living on my own. The house I'm in is one of my dad's rental houses, and he's totally fine with it (they are going to be paying rent soon). But here's the thing, they have 2 cats and a dog.

We had to take the cats because they were going to get taken away to the animal shelter or animal services (one of those) and probably get put to sleep. The cats I have no problem with, they are purely outdoor cats, they don't bother anyone or anything, they don't cause trouble.

But their dog...

Is 18 weeks old. A Bulldog and Jack Russel mix.

And he will not

SHUT

THE FUCK

UP!

OH MY GOD! Whenever my friends go out to do something, they don't take the dog (they would end up leaving him in their car, and he isn't potty trained so yeah). So they can't take the dog with them...

So it ends up with me doing my thing here with the fucking dog.

I basically tie the dog up outside. He has PLENTY of space outside with his leash, he has food, he has water, he has his toys. And then he sits there and barks and whimpers. For hours. And hours. And hours. And hours.

And when I go to tie him up or grab him in any way he bites me 50% of the time. They are trying to train him to be docile towards us and a guard dog but that doesn't seem to be working very well.

So. I drew the line today when the dog bit me and 1/4 of my fingernail fell off. I want something to be done, but I don't know what I can do.

I basically hate dogs. I really do. The dog only stops barking and whimpering if you're near him, like within 10 feet. Any more than that and he will start to bark. My room is upstairs in my house, and the dog doesn't go up the stairs (THANK GOD) because it's a spiral stair case. So if I leave him in the house with me doing my studying and interneting upstairs, he will start to bark and whimper, and I can hear him clearly over my music when he's in the house. He will bark and whimper and then start to destroy everything in the house (even though all he can have access to is the living room due to being doored in). He WILL find something to destroy.

So I have no idea what to do. These are two of my best friends, and they are homeless if they don't stay with me. The only problem is this fucking dog. Everything else is perfect, I enjoy their company and we don't annoy each other, we support each other financially etc.

But I don't know what to do! I just wish the dog didn't exist anymore. What should I say to them? They already know that I dislike the dog and that it just sits there and barks, but there is nothing that I can do. If I let him in my room he won't bark but he will destroy EVERYTHING he sees.

Any suggestions? Thanks in advance, I'm starting to lose my mind. GOD I hate this dog!
    () 9w8-3w4-7w6 tritype.

sCueI (primary Inquisition)

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5

Kick your friends out, tell them to lose the dog, make them keep the dog somewhere else???

MBTI
    ISFx
    Enneagram
    6w7

Just tell them no dog if they can't get it trained within X number of time.

They're staying as guests, if I had a friend take me in I wouldn't impose a non house trained, guard dog in training puppy on them

But that's me...
    Come along Fool
    A direct hit of the senses you are disconnected
    It's not that it's bad, it's not that it's death
    It's just on the tip of your tongue, and you're so silent

MBTI
    intp
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx

Get two more dogs of the same kind.

You're well within your rights to say "if the dog's behavior doesn't improve in X amount of time, you're going to have to board it if you want to live here."
    Everybody have fun tonight. Everybody Wang Chung tonight.

Johari
    /Nohari

Be nice with the dog, they are so cute...I'd even give him some of my finest baker's chocolate.

MBTI
    intp
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx

Quote Originally Posted by Liminality View Post
    Just tell them no dog if they can't get it trained within X number of time.

They're staying as guests, if I had a friend take me in I wouldn't impose a non house trained, guard dog in training puppy on them

But that's me...
    And me
    "Where wisdom reigns, there is no conflict between thinking and feeling."
    — C.G. Jung

Read

MBTI
    INTP

The dog is 18 weeks old. He's a puppy. He wants companionship. That's what puppies do. I understand your frustration, and the fact that it's not your dog, you hate dogs, etc. But it's not the puppy's fault.

I don't think it's going to work out, honestly. Your friends need to find somewhere else to stay. Or they need to find the puppy a new home. Please don't take the puppy to the shelter if you decide the puppy can't stay--it's basically a death sentence. (For empathy's sake, pretend like it's a cat. ;-) )
    Something Witty

MBTI
    ISFx
    Enneagram
    6w7

Quote Originally Posted by Tallulah View Post
    The dog is 18 weeks old. He's a puppy. He wants companionship. That's what puppies do. I understand your frustration, and the fact that it's not your dog, you hate dogs, etc. But it's not the puppy's fault.

I don't think it's going to work out, honestly. Your friends need to find somewhere else to stay. Or they need to find the puppy a new home. Please don't take the puppy to the shelter if you decide the puppy can't stay--it's basically a death sentence. (For empathy's sake, pretend like it's a cat. ;-) )
    If the friends know BC doesn't like dogs, and then become guests in his house, it's just plain illogical to bring a puppy with them...it's a dog, and a young, untrained one at that.
    Come along Fool
    A direct hit of the senses you are disconnected
    It's not that it's bad, it's not that it's death
    It's just on the tip of your tongue, and you're so silent

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    3w4?

Quote Originally Posted by Yosako View Post
    Be nice with the dog, they are so cute...I'd even give him some of my finest baker's chocolate.
    I'll just pretend yeu don't know that chocolate is poison to most dogs ^.~