User Tag List

First 123 Last

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by Liminality View Post
    If the friends know BC doesn't like dogs, and then become guests in his house, it's just plain illogical to bring a puppy with them...it's a dog, and a young, untrained one at that.
    Logic doesn't enter into the equation where pets are concerned. Most people wouldn't assume they'd have to get rid of their pets unless BC had said something as a condition of moving in. And I'd kinda hope most people wouldn't see getting rid of a pet like they'd see getting rid of a sofa that BC didn't have room for.
    Something Witty

MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    9w8 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by Tallulah View Post
    Logic doesn't enter into the equation where pets are concerned. Most people wouldn't assume they'd have to get rid of their pets unless BC had said something as a condition of moving in. And I'd kinda hope most people wouldn't see getting rid of a pet like they'd see getting rid of a sofa that BC didn't have room for.
    We are negotiating with the dog. I just basically don't want to deal with it, and whenever they leave they HAVE to tie him up and leave food for him.

When they are around he doesn't destroy things... and when they leave they will have it so all I have to do is untangle him and refill his water and such.

It just grates on my nerves the noises he makes... but the place he's tied up at is farther away from my room than the other place, so with headphones I don't hear him.

It's going to work out. I think that I just needed to vent.
    () 9w8-3w4-7w6 tritype.

sCueI (primary Inquisition)

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    9w1

As helpful and patient as you have been with your friends, I don't think it would be too much to ask them to place the dog in the care of someone else, just temporararily, until they have their own place and can take the dog back. Do you know anyone who could take the dog in for awhile? Friendships are eventually ruined over things like this all the time. You may be coping right now, but if you're not careful, the stress will build up into resentment towards your friends eventually. If you absolutely can't tolerate the dog, and you value these friendships, then separate accomodations must be made for the dog. Sounds like you're doing for them all a friend could reasonably ask for anyway.
    Time flies like an arrow, fruit flies like a banana.
    ~ Groucho Marx

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    ILE

Tell the friends they have to move out because you can't stand their dog. Then let them be the ones to come up with the idea to get rid of the dog.

PS. craigslist may be helpful to get rid of the dog. Include a similar story (but not making the dog look so bad) where a do-gooder will feel they are keeping two young men off the street if they "simply" take in a dog.
    I redact everything I have written or will write on this forum prior to, subsequent with and or after the fact of its writing. For entertainment purposes only and not to be taken seriously nor literally.

Quote Originally Posted by Edgar View Post
    Spamtar - a strange combination of boorish drunkeness and erudite discussions, or what I call "an Irish academic"

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    ILI

I love dogs, but improperly trained ones can CERTAINLY be a hassle. My neighbor's dog (Who used to be very sweet), just randomly bit me one time. It hurt, kinda like a burn. I knew he didn't have rabies (I'm alive today as proof), but I did know that he wasn't very well trained. I have avoided him since.

I'd say my dog is a little untrained, but not bad at all. She just gets a little excited when somebody comes to the door, and has a tendency to bark at small mammals. Otherwise she's a perfectly good dog.

Here are your options:
    1. Tell them to drop their dog somewhere else.
    You and this dog obviously don't get along, and it certainly is pissing you off. I reccommend telling them to dump their dog someplace else (Lazy gits), and refuse further service.
    2. Tell them that until their dog is properly trained, you do not wantthem to drop their dog off with you. The dog obviously has bad behavior, far worse than mine ever did.
    I 96% N 93% T 75% P 63% 5w4 sp/sx/so ILI
    Ti>Ne>Te>Ni>Si>Fi>Se>Fe
    I'm interested in what you percieve me to be. Johari/Nohari

MBTI
    ESFP
    Socionics
    ESFP

the dog is lonely, it's also teething, give it something to chew on, at least a big stick or something if they don't want to buy it a bone. don't give them chicken bones.

Quote Originally Posted by Katsuni View Post
    I'll just pretend yeu don't know that chocolate is poison to most dogs ^.~
    Of course I knew it. I can't stand dogs.
    Didn't you notice the "" at the end of the post? Hell, it was obvious that I was being ironic.

Obviously, he is just a puppy at this age. He probably is lonely, bored and teething and has not been taught that it's not allowed to bite, that's why he keeps biting you.

I think you should talk to your friends and ask them to educate their dog. It's not yours, so it's not your obligation to take care of him. It's not that hard to teach the doggy bite inhibition and basic obedience and obviously they should stay more at home, they have a young puppy and for a few months they should commit themselves to it. At this stage, it won't be that hard to correct the unwanted behavior.

For the destruction in the house and also for potty training, I would suggest crate training. Maybe they'd like to research it a little.

Anyway, the thing is that you should talk to them and ask them to do something about it. Give them a little more time to solve the situation and try to train the dog before saking them to get rid of it.

I guess all you can do is work on yourself and change something about how you view it or work on changing the situation in some way. Depends on a lot of variables...

Quote Originally Posted by Yosako View Post
    Of course I knew it. I can't stand dogs.
    Didn't you notice the "" at the end of the post? Hell, it was obvious that I was being ironic.

By using your own logic, I should feed you chocolate.