User Tag List

First 678

It's always something... PuddleRiver's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    5w6

Whew, I'm good then. *wipes brow* I need all the brain exercise I can get.
    "In the depth of winter, I finally learned that within me there lay one invincible summer."
    ~~~~
    A Christian's life may be the only Bible some people ever read.
    ~~~~
    "The first time someone shows you who they are, believe them" Maya Angelou.
    ~~~~
    I like your Christ. I do not like your Christians. Your Christians are so unlike your Christ" Gandhi
    ~~~~

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    IEI

Hell no I can't live without it.
    Almost literally, since when I was pretty down in the dumps and having suicidal thoughts I'd find solace by educating myself and finding some support groups (like what Synapse posted above).
    "So I say, live and let live. Thatís my motto. Live and let live.
    Anyone who canít go along with that, take him outside and shoot the motherfucker."
    - George Carlin

Quote Originally Posted by Ragingkatsuki View Post
    lol what happened to good old fashion books? Being dependent on the internet can't be too good.
    LOL. Imagine a day trader attempting to make super quick trades via telephone. Funny...

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

I could, but it would be a very long and hard adjustment period and something I would not willingly do. Especially since more and more of our lives are becoming integrated into the internet as we strive for a "paperless" society. It's become something that is almost a necessity at this point rather than a luxury.
    "I took the one less traveled by,
    And that has made all the difference."

Robert Frost

Enneagram
    4 so/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Kyrielle View Post
    I could, but it would be a very long and hard adjustment period and something I would not willingly do. Especially since more and more of our lives are becoming integrated into the internet as we strive for a "paperless" society. It's become something that is almost a necessity at this point rather than a luxury.
    Yes, I think this is an excellent point - something I was going to bring up but you beat me to it!

I see it that the internet has become the new way of meeting people, interacting, doing job searches, is an active part of many peoples' jobs and 'the system' - our culture - overall. So in order to function effectively in today's world, it is becoming almost a necessity.

So in that sense, no, I can't live without it.

But honestly, I don't really like this fact. I kinda - well, not kinda, I do - have a love/hate relationship with the internet. I would much prefer life without it (assuming everyone - 'the system' - didn't have it either, because otherwise it wouldn't work), but at this point that preference goes against reality.

So I'm at a happy medium for myself, now. I don't have an internet connection at home, which keeps me from obsessively doing stuff on it. I do internet a few hrs a day at the library for the practicalities and emailing/etc - take my laptop there as they have free wi-fi.
    "...On and on and on and on he strode, far out over the sands, singing wildly to the sea, crying to greet the advent of the life that had cried to him." - James Joyce

My Photography and Watercolor Fine Art Prints!!! Cascade Colors Fine Art Prints
    https://docs.google.com/uc?export=do...Gd5N3NZZE52QjQ

MBTI
    ISFx
    Enneagram
    6w7

I think I live with some of the least sociable poeple on the planet, it's a necessity in regards to ma sanity.

I probably could though, I'd just read rather obsessively and live in my head as I did when I didn't have it or a TV.
    Come along Fool
    A direct hit of the senses you are disconnected
    It's not that it's bad, it's not that it's death
    It's just on the tip of your tongue, and you're so silent

Enneagram
    4 so/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Liminality View Post

I probably could though, I'd just read rather obsessively and live in my head as I did when I didn't have it or a TV.
    ha. Well, there is that.

Internet and tv are distractions to keep me out of my head and from focusing on other things in my life I'd rather focus on (and I don't have tv right now either!), but there IS the problem of too much inward-time.

No solution, I tell ya!
    "...On and on and on and on he strode, far out over the sands, singing wildly to the sea, crying to greet the advent of the life that had cried to him." - James Joyce

My Photography and Watercolor Fine Art Prints!!! Cascade Colors Fine Art Prints
    https://docs.google.com/uc?export=do...Gd5N3NZZE52QjQ

MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    9w8

i am not sure how much of a necessity the internet is, at least not everywhere. in my experience it's never been much use to me in everyday life. i just use it for entertainment.
    the people i know tend to use the internet very little or not at all.

MBTI
    I

Yeah, I could. It would no doubt be a difficult process at first, but once it goes along, I would get used to it. Believe it or not, society was living without Internet throughout mankind's existence all the way up to about the mid 1980's.

Pumpernickel
    MBTI
    ENTJ

No x 353467586834232436464