User Tag List

First 45678 Last

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5 sp/sx

If I had enough money, I think I'd get by alright. Firstly, I'd want to be on the phone all day, secondly, I'd want videogames, guitar tabs, books, tv shows, movies, magazines, newspapers, music and etc. I'd probably use more fuel too, and bus tickets, thereby costing me some 200 to 1000 dollars a week, and I'd want to go out a bit more too. I couldn't get more than 50 bucks a week now, so if you took my internets, I'd be pretty bored, though I have collected some podcasts and such things... so maybe I'd last a week on them
    5 3 9

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    9w1
    Socionics
    INFj None

I still read a lot of books, but I, too, would be miserable without internet. I pay all my bills online, buy most of my books online, and get most of the information I need about virtually everything online, so that would be a problem. And that's without even mentioning the World of Warcraft addiction. :chicken:
    “There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old’s life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.”
    ~ John Rogers

MBTI
    ESFJ

NOOOOOOOOO.

I use Amazon to buy my books, i need my internet banking. A wealth of information is at my finger tips. Why would i want to be without it.
    “I made you take time to look at what I saw and when you took time to really notice my flower, you hung all your associations with flowers on my flower and you write about my flower as if I think and see what you think and see—and I don't.”
    ― Georgia O'Keeffe

MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    9w8

i had never used the internet until i was in my late 20s, maybe 26 or 27. and then i rarely used it, once or twice a month for a few minutes maybe.
    but over the last several months i have gotten really hooked on it.

Une Femme est une femme paperoceans's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    8w7

I would probably get more shit done if I didn't have the interwebs. But I only go online when I have nothing to do (sucks living in a city that behaves like a small town & being under the age of 21) and two of my classes are online. So, I kinda actually need to go online at least once a day for a couple of hours to get some of my school work done.

I feel a lot happier the less I spend online. Even if it means lounging on the sofa watching Dexter on demand. The internet is boring and yet, addictive.
    Between that cigarillo and sticking my finger down my throat to see if I could DT, I feel like puking RN.

Read my Blog.

MBTI
    INTP

It would be difficult for me to function as I currently do without the internet. My profession is heavily depenent upon it. When we had an outage at our office a few months ago, all work pretty much ceased. It's ironic because I spent the first 30 years of my life without the internet.

It's always something... PuddleRiver's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    5w6

^^ Yeah, I'd spent the first 45+ of mine without it too. I'm such a n00b. Still livin' and learnin'.
    "In the depth of winter, I finally learned that within me there lay one invincible summer."
    ~~~~
    A Christian's life may be the only Bible some people ever read.
    ~~~~
    "The first time someone shows you who they are, believe them" Maya Angelou.
    ~~~~
    I like your Christ. I do not like your Christians. Your Christians are so unlike your Christ" Gandhi
    ~~~~

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    8 sx
    Socionics
    --- Te

Well, I need to be in my own personal space from time to time - and the internet comes off as one of those few necessities to do that. Otherwise I would (normally) be well off without it.

The internet has been a huge part of my life ever since the mid-nineties growing up when we first got dial-up. I justify the huge amount of time I spend on here with the fact that I have an active, successful social life and have responsibilities online like forum moderation and mod development, but the fact is I hunger for the internet when I'm away from it for more than a few days.

I miss being a kid when my escape was books and not the immeasurably vast and generally vile expanses of the internet, but it's the way things are now. Seeing how ADD and mentally discombobulated our generation is from being saturated with TV and the internet, I shudder to imagine our children or their children.

One thing I'm positive of is that the internet represents a vastly important historical paradigm shift in the daily life and functioning of humanity. It sprung out of nowhere (sometimes defined as Al Gore's asshole) and two decades later it's integrated into almost every aspect of our mass culture.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    451 sp/sx
    Socionics
    INFp Ni

To lose the Internet would be to lose my one link to society.

I couldn't bear it. As little as one day without e-contact, and I get a smothering like claustrophobia. If that feeling were to build over a period of days, I would soon be unable--perhaps quite literally--to tell the difference between life and hell.

It's only a pitiful imitation, that's all, and yet I cling to it with all my strength, none left for anything more.
    [ Ni > Ti > Fe > Fi > Ne > Te > Si > Se ][ 4w5 sp/sx ][ RLOAI ][ IEI-Ni ]