User Tag List

First 12345 Last

There is always the library...before the net I was always at the library. They made me a heavy user. How cool is that! A heavy user! Of books. A heavy user can get fifty out at a time.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    3w4?

Quote Originally Posted by Adoamros View Post
    no one can make you kill yourself, except...yourself.
    Noone can "MAKE" yeu in the physical sense... but they can make it so that it seems like there's no alternative, no other option, that life isn't worth living and that there's no reason to continue on as things have no chance of getting better.

The only thing that keeps us from suicide, is hope. Hope in something better, hope that whot yeu have won't disappear, hope that yeu can be saved by some greater good, hope that yeu can find someone to love yeu, hope that yeu'll be happy one day, or hope that yeu will have found yeur place with whotever god yeu worship.

The thing is... hope can be destroyed, and if yeu have nothing else to prop yeu up, no backup hope to keep yeu going, then yeu will fall, and if yeu fall far enough, suicide's a likely form of expression.

People *CAN* destroy that hope, and if they do so thorughally enough, then yes, they can force suicide. All it takes is a removal of everything someone values, removal of all chance of ever being capable of escaping their situation, and all hope of ever recovering. At least to their mind. Do that, and they are dead, physically or metaphorically, it doesn't really matter at that point, other than that there's still a slim chance they can pull out of it if it's only a metaphor.

That being said, yes, people *CAN* force yeu to kill yeurself... it's not a "only if yeu let them", it's moreso just if they know the exact right buttons to press. Everyone's susceptable to it to some degree, though those with strong faith in something will be highly resistant to it; faith in god, faith in themselves, faith in their family, it doesn't matter, if they have faith then they can derive hope from such. If that faith can be broken, and hope shattered, then they have just killed yeu, for killing one's spirit leaves the body close behind. Keep the spirit down and if it can't recover, the body won't last either. It's still a form of murder, though indirect in application, and takes alot more effort.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

damn, I knew I'd have to read some long counter argument after I said that.

Charting a course
    MBTI
    INFP

Quote Originally Posted by Adoamros View Post
    damn, I knew I'd have to read some long counter argument after I said that.
    Oops...

Phantonym

To be honest, aside from searching for information, help with schoolwork, entertainment and the ease of keeping contact with people, the Internet is also the most convenient way to organize my everyday life.

All the bills come to me through the net, I pay them online, I submit applications online, I can do my shopping online, I vote online, most of the materials for my schoolwork are available online.

I can't imagine anymore driving around the town, going to places I need to go and standing in line to get things done which would take me a long time, I can take care of business in a matter of minutes with a few simple clicks.

If there was a more convenient way to take care of all these things, I'd be happy to give up the Internet for good. However, for now I can only manage my time and not get into it so deeply that I cannot take off a few days. I'm still able to enjoy being without it

MBTI
    SEXY

Simply no!

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    873 sx/so
    Socionics
    SLE Ti

No, probably not.

MBTI
    INTj

I gone without it for 5 days and lived to tell about it! Proof that the human spirit can triumph over the worst of adversities.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

I could physically live without Internet, but I might go insane if I had no human contacts in real life (or at least over the telephone) to make up for it. Books might help, too.