User Tag List

Page 7 of 26 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast

Thread: The reason behind your user name.

I spent quite a bit of time really trying to find a username that would concisely encapsulate who I am at the core. I drew a total blank, so I chose the name "The_Liquid_Laser" instead.

More elaboration: Since I couldn't think of something that describes myself, I chose something that illustrates one of my interests instead. I find it interesting that things which seem to be paradoxes can exist in reality. A laser cannot be made out of liquid, because lasers are made out of light by definition. And yet in doing a search I found someone using liquid lasers as part of their technology. Also the way the name is stated makes it sound like a super hero. A hero is someone people aspire to be, and yet the definite article "The" and the underscores make the name particularly obnoxious, which is something people do not aspire to be. Overall I tried to make the name as real and simultaneously paradoxical as possible.
    My wife and I made a game to teach kids about nutrition. Please try our game and vote for us to win. (Voting period: July 14 - August 14)
    http://www.revoltingvegetables.com

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5

The username Metaphours comes from the fact that internet profiles are essentially avatars,metaphors of oneself.

Your time is gonna come. Array Oom's Avatar
    MBTI
    IsfP
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    INTp

My username is Oom, Moo spelled backwards. I live in southwest Iowa and we have cows.

Man, I should have picked a better one. Believe me, my socionics one is better.

MBTI
    ENFJ
    Enneagram
    3w2

It's my name and my birthday. I remember several occasions where I wanted to make fun of sensors, like KarenParker, for having mundane name names for their usernames and yet that would be like the pot calling the kettle black. Why doesn't my name say something unique about me? Perhaps because I didn't know what kind of investment I was gonna have in this website or perhaps it was because I was overly extroverted and lacked proper sense and value in myself to come up with something distinctly unique about me.
    "... you think deeply about stuff [that] nobody cares about and hardly anybody can understand you." ~ Peguy talking about Ni users. So true.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEI

Old Icelandic for "lore keeper"; it can also mean secret or hidden guardian.

Edit: by the way, I came up with it before any of the Dark Knight movies came out.
    Dreams are best served manifest and tangible.

INFP, 6w7, IEI

I accept no responsibility, what so ever, for the fact that I exist; I do, however, accept full responsibility for what I do while I exist.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

MBTI
    INTP

My dog's named Tallulah, but I didn't name myself after her. It's after Tallulah Bankhead, a flamboyant actress from the 1930s-1940s. I've just always liked the name, though. It sounds kind of Southern, kind of Native American, and seems to reflect my independent spirit.
    Something Witty

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram
    3w2 so

A phase space is a space in which all possible changeable over time states of a system are represented, with each possible state of the system corresponding to one unique point in the phase space.

Entropy is an extensive state function describing the highest phase space a given system can inherit. This is a theorethical idea and hardly describeable, except for one exception in thermodynamics: there a process that does change it state from X to Y and doesnt give off heat to the environment in the process is called adiabatic. With the help of that idealized mathematical model it is possible to measure the entropy between two states X and Y and have an idea about how many power it will output for example.

There are tables of collected data concerning the entropy of hot water and steam in a closed system and values are for example at 1500 psi and 70 degree Fahrenheit an entropic value of: 0,3 Joule / Kelvin while at 932 Fahrenheit and 1500 psi, entropy would be: 6,6 Joule / Kelvin.

So in that relation entropy measures the potential energy a water / steam compound in a closed system inherits per temperature increase and that can be used to built and maintain a turbine that gives off electrical energy and is driven via the steam.

There are other explanations ranging from quantum mechanics to information technology but metaphorically the idea behind the state function entropy is to measure all the possible states a closed system can inherit.

Why I choosed that name I leave open to your imagination
    Lost Frequencies - All or Nothing

"People do not like you to be different. If ever in your life you act differently from others, you will find it so, mademoiselle."
    ~Saint's Progress by John Galsworthy

My username is to: confuse people.

Protocol Droid Array Athenian200's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by Qre:us View Post
    My username is to: confuse people.
    What's confusing about an unusual way of spelling "curious" that played on the idea of adding vowels in order to pronounce the series of letters "QRS" in the alphabet due to its phonic similarity to that word, and is made to superficially resemble an analogy question?

The meaning of your username is obvious.

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram
    3w2 so

Quote Originally Posted by Athenian200 View Post
    What's confusing about an unusual way of spelling "curious"?

The meaning of your username is obvious.
    Thanks now you spoiled a secret only 3 people knew so far -.- (me not included)
    Lost Frequencies - All or Nothing

"People do not like you to be different. If ever in your life you act differently from others, you will find it so, mademoiselle."
    ~Saint's Progress by John Galsworthy

Page 7 of 26 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast