User Tag List

First 4567816 Last

MBTI
    INFP

Self descriptive: I am a woman who lives in the woods.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    INFp

I chose synapse because this term fits me somewhat, I had other ideas before this idea won out.

Synapse(s) are crucial to the biological computations that underlie perception and thought. As in the junction between two neurons or between a neuron and a muscle.

Heck yeah, I likey

A prototypical synapse, such as a dendritic spine, a mushroom-shaped bud projects from each of two cells and the caps of these buds press flat against one another. At this interface, the membranes of the two cells flank each other across a slender gap, the narrowness of which enables signaling molecules known as neurotransmitters to pass rapidly from one cell to the other by diffusion. This gap is sometimes called the synaptic cleft.
    Bwhahah priceless.

MBTI
    INTP

I think I've said this before, but a recent debate puts me in the mood to do so again:

The first half of my name is a brutally honest assessment of my lack of computer skillz. The second half is half-ironic (I'm not actually what most would consider a "redneck," though I DID try midnight fishing recently...it sucked), and half defiant Southern pride, a self-conscious attempt to appropriate an insult and thereby take away its stigmatizing power (at least in my own mind if nowhere else), kind of like "Yankee-doodle-dandy".

I gave myself the name Victor because that is the name with which I was christened at Wangaratta, Victoria, Australia.

I also put up my real picture and address and phone number, but then I took them down.

At first I thought I should be open in a friendly environment but I was mugged by reality and realised I should be guarded in an unfriendly environment.

And the truth is this does tend to be an unfriendly environment.

But interestingly it is an unfriendly environment in an unthinking way. And I understand a gentleman or a lady is only intentionally rude. And unfortunately a lot of behaviour here is unintentional. That is why we have moderators to provide external discipline for those who have yet to learn internal discipline.

But still, I keep my ideal of a friendly environment and keep on looking for it.

MBTI
    INTP

I got my username from some history class where we were given random greek names. Apparently dorcus means gazelle. I used dorcus for a game account, found out I'd screwed it up, then made another account with username dorcus0.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    ENFP

icm = company initials.
    i'm running my production unit with a lot less firepower than usual since i'm in college for the term and couldn't bring all my racks and keyboards with me.. so.. "lite"

that's it!

MBTI
    ISTP

I took my school username (first initial and last name), and used it to try to make an AIM Screenname a long time ago, adding 277 to it was the first suggestion at the "This name is already taken" screen. Yeah, I'm not creative.
    I-95%, S-84%, T-89%, P-84%

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    IEI

Quote Originally Posted by Mystic Tater View Post
    I went over to INTJ123's village shaman hut, and we decided to try to take a "spirit journey".

After 2 and a half hours of meditating and smoking grass, we entered into a psychedelic trance.

As we floated through the void, I saw a potato, suspended in midair with a purple aura around it.

INTJ123 told me that it was my spirit guardian. Now the entire Indian reservation has bestowed the name "Mystic Tater" upon me.
    Oh my freaking god. :yim_rolling_on_the_

I like rain and dusk. Eventide's a pretty name for dusk. When it rains during eventide, my soul's content. And it flows--rainondusk or rainontwilight doesn't sound as nice to me.
    It also symbolizes my life, which is a really vague description, but when it's raining during eventide things appear less defined anyway.
    "So I say, live and let live. Thatís my motto. Live and let live.
    Anyone who canít go along with that, take him outside and shoot the motherfucker."
    - George Carlin

MBTI
    ENFP

It means warrior in Greek i think.
    [SIGPIC]http://www.derekrhode.com/MiscHosting/Pics/151645.png[/SIGPIC]

MBTI
    INTP

I'm really quite a fan of the dancing style Locking, and many of its dancers tend to wear hats. From this I learned about the Kangol brand of hats, and they are spiffy. Unfortunately, the brand has become very popular lately for some reason, and now I assume anyone wearing a Kangol hat and doesn't know how to lock is a poser, making me a pretentious asshole.

However, this has been working out for me.