User Tag List

Page 12 of 26 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast

Thread: The reason behind your user name.

MBTI
    esfp
    Enneagram
    8w9
    Socionics
    ILE

Latvian version of ''the affair-ist'' made English, looks better, sounds better, a bit mysterious, why not?
    Oh yeah?

The reason behind my name is that I'm lazy.

Widdles in your cream. Array
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    LII

I liked grunge music and owned fancy mice, once upon a time.

Now I hate my username.
    Um, yeah.

Instigator, First Class Array LovelyAngel's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram

I took my username from the Lovely Angels, a.k.a. the Dirty Pair. I identify with Yuri. (^_^)

"There is always something to do. There are hungry people to feed, naked people to clothe, sick people to comfort and make well. And while I don't expect you to save the world I do think it's not asking too much for you to love those with whom you sleep, share the happiness of those whom you call friend, engage those among you who are visionary and remove from your life those who offer you depression, despair and disrespect."
    -- Nikki Giovanni

& Badger, Ratty and Toad Array Mole's Avatar

My Real Name

I think the anonymity of a user name is psychologically destructive.

And it is particularly destructive when you belong to a group where almost everyone else is anonymous too.

For anonymity plays into the hands of those who want to act out.

And how interesting that those who want to act out seek those who also want to act out. It means they will never have to examine their destructive and pathological behaviour.

So rather than talking things out with a therapist and coming to understand oneself, we act things out, knowing we will never be found out here.

But of course we pretend we are trying to understand ourselves by doing the MBTI test. But it is only a way of occupying our minds while our emotions act out.

And the proof of all this is our anonymity.

However I understand that openness is the path to health and happiness so that is why I give my real name, Victor.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    SLI None

ictor's personal icon is awesome. I like this red V because you are now reading this.

I swear this new V thing is well sweet.
    Quote Originally Posted by Victor View Post
    I think the anonymity of a user name is psychologically destructive.

And it is particularly destructive when you belong to a group where almost everyone else is anonymous too.

For anonymity plays into the hands of those who want to act out.

And how interesting that those who want to act out seek those who also want to act out. It means they will never have to examine their destructive and pathological behaviour.

So rather than talking things out with a therapist and coming to understand oneself, we act things out, knowing we will never be found out here.

But of course we pretend we are trying to understand ourselves by doing the MBTI test. But it is only a way of occupying our minds while our emotions act out.

And the proof of all this is our anonymity.

However I understand that openness is the path to health and happiness so that is why I give my real name, Victor.
    An anonymous name is just like a true name when we are dealing with data of binary numbers which admits us to communicate towards other people through the same methods using the exact same numbers.
    The untrue name therefore remains true within the communication structure we deal with.
    I am Ragingkatsuki.
    That is me.
    I have no other identity and my identity within real life bears no impact towards my identity in the life of 0s and 1s. I am not hiding myself. I am identifying myself.

I'm actually with Victor on this one a bit.. Heh. Like, your name would confuse me Ragingkatsuki, if your last name is not actually Katsuki. I see this on Asian boards sometimes, and then I find out I'm talking to white people. To each their own and all that. It's just been confusing in the past how some identify themselves that way.

Anyways, Victor.. My name is Ken if you must know. : Like I said, "KDude" is due to laziness. There's probably another "Ken" on this board anyways.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    SLI None

Quote Originally Posted by KDude View Post
    I'm actually with Victor on this one a bit.. Heh. Like, your name would confuse me Ragingkatsuki, if your last name is not actually Katsuki. I see this on Asian boards sometimes, and then I find out I'm talking to white people. Not sure what to make of it.

Anyways, Victor.. My name is Ken if you must know. : "KDude" is due to laziness. There's probably another "Ken" on this board anyways.
    But that's the whole thing about the internet. You can be the imaginary identification of who you want to be, or you can just be you. A way to express our inner selves. There is no inner self when all one is projecting is the outer self.

Same reason Victor has such abstract posts. Inner self.

So your inner self is a raging Asian dude?

It's cool. My inner self is still Ken.. Which is an Asian name too. I am also a raging Asian.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    SLI None

Quote Originally Posted by KDude View Post
    So your inner self is a raging Asian dude?

It's cool. My inner self is still Ken.. Which is an Asian name too. I am also a raging Asian.
    Well Katsuki is not meant to be an asian name. Unfortunately it is perceived that way.
    Yep, it is not surprising that sensors tend to keep it real.

Page 12 of 26 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast