User Tag List

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: What problems occupy your mind?

6w7 sx/so

Hmmmmm.... let's see

Quote Originally Posted by whatever View Post
    What will I make for dinner?
    How is this one dumb?
    Why do red peppers, yellow peppers and orange peppers cook differently?
    Great another thing to add for thoughts of the day...
    What would a hybrid between a grasshopper and white russian be like?
    Let me know if you find out before I do, ^_^
    Why is that bitch sitting so close to me when I'm trying to make it obvious by body language that she's invading my personal space?
    I think I stopped thinking like this in order to lower my stress levels..........
    Are bitter almonds related to almonds? Will eating this bag of almonds kill me?
    How is this for dumb: What are bitter almonds?
    Dreams are best served manifest and tangible.

INFP, 6w7, IEI

I accept no responsibility, what so ever, for the fact that I exist; I do, however, accept full responsibility for what I do while I exist.

827 sp/so
    SLE Ti

the drink ends up being quite delicious! I finally gave in and mixed one up out of curiosity!

bitter almonds are apparently a minor source of cyanide that is commonly used to flavor orgeat syrup that's used in coffee and in some alcoholic beverages- they are apparently not like the average almond that you can buy and eat! (had to look that up and now I know that almond won't kill me if eaten in large quantities!)

I definitley advise trying the drink though!

Alexander the Terrible Array yenom's Avatar

This is a good thread, so I am going to revive it.
    The fear of poverty turns people into slaves of money.

"In this Caesar there are many Mariuses"~Sulla

Conquer your inner demons first before you conquer the world.

Mm... what I'd do in hypothetical situations and how I'd interact. Try and work and fine-tune my responses/behavior till I get it right.

Quote Originally Posted by cloud View Post
    This is a good thread, so I am going to revive it.
    Thread necromancy.

What problems occupy my mind? failure, relationship ineptness. Typical stuff everyone worries about.

Quote Originally Posted by Usehername View Post
    Or, more interestingly, if molecules are bumping into each other, clearly there is space for them to move around. What is in the "around" space?

Nothing? Can you imagine what nothing looks like?
    I've thought of that too. Perhaps it's dark matter/energy which science has yet to expose. Or perhaps that space is something, just not visible on this plane of reality/dimension/spectrum.
    "Stop it, you fuck. Give him some butter."
    = Ne > Ni > Fi > Te > Se > Fe > Si INTP (I/PNT) 5w4

Quote Originally Posted by Airporte View Post
    Mm... what I'd do in hypothetical situations and how I'd interact. Try and work and fine-tune my responses/behavior till I get it right.
    Artes, Scientia, Veritasiness

9w8 sx/sp
    SEE Fi

College, sexual frustration.
    () 9w8-3w2-7w6 tritype.

RCueI (primary Inquisition)

& Badger, Ratty and Toad Array Mole's Avatar

Default The Inner and the Outer; Distinctions and Taboos.

The problem that occupies my mind is the inner and the outer.

It is related to the introverted and the extroverted.

But most of all it is related to a fundamental distinction and its accompanying taboo.

When you were born, they asked, is it a boy or a girl, because gender is one of our most fundamental distinctions.

But drink a clean clear glass of water and it is delicious. But spit into the same glass of water and drink and it is disgusting. And disgust is a sign that a taboo has been broken. In this case the taboo against mixing the inner and the outer.

All distinctions have their accompanying taboo. And the distinction between the genders is replete with taboos from the earliest times to the present day.

And the distinction between the inner and the outer is guarded by the taboo of disgust. Even a teenage girl will be able to distinguish between what is yuck and what is not.

I always laugh when they tell me how non-judgemental they are about the sexuality of others, as if the gender distinction has disappeared and the taboos no longer apply.

But the fact is we perceive by making distinctions. And gender distinctions and the distinctions between the inner and the outer are with us from our birth to our death.

Just look around you here and see that we divide ourselves into introverts and extroverts. We can't help ourselves because the very way we see depends on the distinction between the inner and the outer, and indeed on the disgust we feel when the two are mixed.

Why, I can remember telling you that I wake screaming in the night at the thought of an extrovert in bed with me. And yet all I was doing was expressing the disgust engendered in me by the taboo against mixing the inner and the outer, even in bed.

Distinctions enable us to see but they also show us our limitations. For I can never be on both sides of a distinction at the same time.

I can be an extrovert or an introvert but not both at the same time.

But by and act of faith I can know that the person on the other side of a distinction is my sister or brother. And though they are invisible to me, I need them to see, just as they need me.

I have an issue with being a well-rounded vs. a well adjusted person in the world. A well-rounded person can be at odds with society's values; a well-adjusted person can be at odds with their nature as a person. I think that Jung worried over this as well.

Besides that, there's the physics problem of gravity: it appears so different from the other forces of nature that I wonder whether we got the descriptions of it wrong to begin with You see: unlike the other forces, gravitation acts on everything in the universe that has mass [positive, negative or even those with a "complex number" value !]. As a result, there's no such thing as gravitational shielding, which makes research into it hard. Electromagnetic forces can be shielded via a Faraday cage, and likewise for the two nuclear forces.

And to top that off, chemistry and chemists have had bad PR by society for over a century. Given that this year is the International Year of Chemistry, why hasn't this been heard much in the news? Are we chemists simply too scary for you guys?
    Even when we have lost hope in resolving the problems we have, we are still fundamentally part and parcel of the world. By virtue of this understanding, we can do anything realisable within the universe. [So don't give up ]

If you don't like the way this universe is - go somewhere else!" - Richard Feynman

What do you think about me?