User Tag List

123 Last

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6
    Socionics
    ENFp

Default If you could change your online persona..

I'm sure this doesn't apply to everyone, but you can still answer it.

What type of persona would you create online if you could start over. Many people here already have other accounts tied to their "name" and also have met people. I've lost any of that "no one knows me online, hee hee" thing. If I were going to start a persona over again I wonder what I would go with. It might be fun to go back to "unknown" again.

Suggestions:

What would you be?
    Name?
    Where would you live?
    How far would you get into it?

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6
    Socionics
    ENFp

I realize that I've gotten to the point where I'm carrying no "persona" online. I'm a 36 year old mother of 4 girls. There are plenty of pics of me, good and bad, that give an idea of what I look like. I've met many people from online and have become good friends with them. The main place I used to "play" I do contracts for and they announce my real name in meetings "Laurie C.." is doing work on __.

If I were to try to create a "persona" to fool around with I'm thinking I might go with a 20 something male. Single, no kids. I've already done the female thing and a 20 something female, single, no kids gets attacked online anyway. I hear about how "bad" it is for guys online, that they get no attention. It would be fun to try out!

*this is all hypothetical*

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    3w4?

Quote Originally Posted by Elaur View Post
    I'm sure this doesn't apply to everyone, but you can still answer it.

What type of persona would you create online if you could start over. Many people here already have other accounts tied to their "name" and also have met people. I've lost any of that "no one knows me online, hee hee" thing. If I were going to start a persona over again I wonder what I would go with. It might be fun to go back to "unknown" again.

Suggestions:

What would you be?
    Name?
    Where would you live?
    How far would you get into it?
    There's been situations where I've partially done this before, and I have been known by other names in the past, most of them hinging on a theme though.

If I were to want to be totally undetectable though, I can get into character surprisingly easily, to the point that it wouldn't be easy to place me even if yeu knew me before. Replace the 'yeu', change the style of wording, use an unrelated (as far as anyone else knows) name, pick a location that's SIMILAR to where I am so that it's close enough it'd be able to be claimed as semi accurate if someone were to attempt to trace IP and such.

If I really don't want to be found, yeu really can't find me, as for which names/addresses/etc I'd use, that's not something I'll give out as I may in fact need to make use of such some day, though I highly doubt it ^^

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    3w4?

Quote Originally Posted by Elaur View Post
    I realize that I've gotten to the point where I'm carrying no "persona" online. I'm a 36 year old mother of 4 girls. There are plenty of pics of me, good and bad, that give an idea of what I look like. I've met many people from online and have become good friends with them. The main place I used to "play" I do contracts for and they announce my real name in meetings "Laurie C.." is doing work on __.

If I were to try to create a "persona" to fool around with I'm thinking I might go with a 20 something male. Single, no kids. I've already done the female thing and a 20 something female, single, no kids gets attacked online anyway. I hear about how "bad" it is for guys online, that they get no attention. It would be fun to try out!

*this is all hypothetical*
    Actually, in games and such, I generally don't state gender/age/etc, and people just 'assume' male by default usually, though SOME people pick up on little nuances that I'm not even aware that I'm giving off that somehow they just 'know' better.

If yeu specifically SAID male, this may throw them off, but I'm not certain. I imagine it's based on the individual though as well... some guys still draw great attention to themselves by acting in certain ways. Others... not so much. I think females do get it easier and harder due to gaining wanted AND unwanted attention by default, without having to work quite as hard for it, but trying to minimize the unwanted form can be rather tough, especially if yeu go with 'single 20's female' then it's like ZOMG TEH BEWBZ.

But yeah, I have actually tried 'male' on one or two rare occasions on games, but never really played around with it to any real extent. I did notice that there were things I could say as myself, that I couldn't say otherwise; identical wording and so on, guys just aren't given the same amount of slack. Especially if yeu act feminine... yeu can act all cute and people go DAWWWW! if yeu're a girl, do that as a guy and it's like O.o YER WEIRD. Doublestandards still exist, it's pretty obvious. It's kinda sad too... but whot can yeu do?

I think it'd be an interesting thing to try really, but it'd be difficult to be sure yeu're getting accurate results too. There's always small little nuances to one's speech style and behaviour that we're not even aware that we're giving off, which can make things pretty complex. If someone's getting conflicting signals "I'mma guy!" but yeu're acting just... 'wrong'... it can probably cause them to act differently than if yeu really WERE a guy, which may ruin the experiment really.

And without knowing whot those nuances are, there's no real way to suppress them either...

Always makes me wonder how tomboys that pretend to be guys get away with it, there must be something that gives them away or makes people uneasy about them, I just don't know how they do it.

Oh well XD

Anyways I'm ranting now I think, but the idea's interesting, but I've never really gone full blown with it before as a real test as from my light experiences and tests with it so far, I seriously just don't RP a guy very well, just totally outside my mindset really. For all the stuff about "NTP females don't act like girls" that goes around, apparantly we don't act like guys either so noone knows WTH to do with us XD

Phantonym

I like the idea of a clean slate but I'd still like to be myself.

The thing about online "personas" that has always put me off from creating multiple alter egos is the fear that one day I might realize that this THING I've created is much more than the real me could ever be.I couldn't keep it up for too long because I'd get disgusted and bored with it very quickly.

Anything fake is too tiresome to maintain. It's better not to lay everything out in the open and that's what I've opted for so far.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    ILE

Did an online persona who was a female once. She was kinda a rough tom boy type with bisexual tendencies yet still quiet femme. She was icy cold yet humble and loner, kinda of a Kill Bill "ninja bitch".
    She could lay it into other female posters easier than a guy poster could do calling a woman on her sh*t or even the group on its sh*t. Felt kinda weird getting PM from guys who seemed attracted to the character, had to cut them short and coolly at the beginning to avoid going there.

The charade however felt a little disingenuous so I stopped. She got killed in a horrible car crash one day out of the blue, they never found the body..
    I redact everything I have written or will write on this forum prior to, subsequent with and or after the fact of its writing. For entertainment purposes only and not to be taken seriously nor literally.

Quote Originally Posted by Edgar View Post
    Spamtar - a strange combination of boorish drunkeness and erudite discussions, or what I call "an Irish academic"

MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    9w1
    Socionics
    Booo

Angry troll.
    Act your age not your enneagram number.

Quinlan's Creations

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram

When people read my name, they judge me. I've had a lot of occasions where others have thought that I was some religously-crazed God empowered lunatic. They incorperated Soul with Religion. A lot of you do that, and I'd like to say that was not my intention.

Also, people seem to think I'm a nature-loving, tree hugging, granola eating hippie. Once again, you are wrong.

Soul is pride. Pride is soul. From my pride, inspiration, and burning passion, I contrived soul. OneWithSoul was supposed to image the Native American way of naming people.

Now that that is out of the way..

I've always thought that ThunderHeart was a cool name, and have shot around changing it.

I'm fine being an ENFP.

It'd be cool to live out west, or in Alaska. Or Norway. Or just Europe. Sometimes being judge Americans as being fat McDonald's eating rednecks. Hmm..sometimes I'm proud of being an American.

If I could have started over again, I wouldn't have gotten as wrapped up in this site as I am now. It's an addiction more or less, and something that makes me feel better about myself. Afterall, Edgar was right when he said this was Narcissist Paradise. I've concluded that TypoC is a way for people to love themselves even more..
    Is it that by its indefiniteness it shadows forth the heartless voids and immensities of the universe, and thus stabs us from behind with the thought of annihilation, when beholding the white depths of the milky way?

MBTI
    I

Quote Originally Posted by OneWithSoul View Post
    When people read my name, they judge me.
    +1.
    That's why if I were to change anything, I would change my username. I sort of picked it at random at the moment I signed up here.

MBTI
    INxJ

It's too much work to be someone else.