User Tag List

First 123 Last

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    468 sx/sp
    Socionics
    EII None

Yeah, no kidding. You'd have to pay me a lot to put the kind of energy into faking that it would take to sustain a character. I never understand why other people do it in forums. If you want to play a character, there are plenty of opportunities. I never understand when people say other people online are not real, either. Well, except that some of them aren't, I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by Elaur View Post
    I'm sure this doesn't apply to everyone, but you can still answer it.

What type of persona would you create online if you could start over. Many people here already have other accounts tied to their "name" and also have met people. I've lost any of that "no one knows me online, hee hee" thing. If I were going to start a persona over again I wonder what I would go with. It might be fun to go back to "unknown" again.

Suggestions:

What would you be?
    Name?
    Where would you live?
    How far would you get into it?
    I tried it once.
    I left a group for a year-- a whole year.
    Came back under another username.
    I was "busted" right and left.

I KNOW that's YOU Jag.
    Who the fuck are you kidding, I KNOW that's YOU!

Lol.

It's not about a username, it's about how you communicate.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    3w4?

Quote Originally Posted by Tiltyred View Post
    I never understand when people say other people online are not real, either. Well, except that some of them aren't, I guess.
    It's true, some of them aren't, yeu can never tell if they're being totally truthful or not, though yeu can often get an idea.

Thing is... people in REALITY are... well... not 'real' either. We all have our masks to wear, and in public, we often put on a few based on the situation. If anything, when yeu're annonymous, and have noone to answer to, it's more likely that the mask will come off and yeur true colours will be shown.

In practice, I've found I learn far more about the 'real' person online, than I do IN PERSON.

And I know I'm this way myself; I'm shy and reserved in person, I won't speak often, I won't give much information out, and I definately won't get into a big fight/debate most of the time, not that I don't want to, but I worry whot people will think of me, worry of my position, I think better in text than spoken, and many other factors. Overall, I just don't really do very well in interpersonal relationships in person. As such though, the 'real' me has a much easier time comming out when not locked away by fear and obligation, and whot yeu see here is about as close to 'real' as yeu'll ever get. There may be minor inconsistancies here and there with reality, as is always the case, we tend to build our online persona to be an image of our true inner self, or perhaps, idealized self, rather than 'real' self which often isn't really all that 'real' at all.

In any case, a friend is a friend, whether yeu see them in person every day, or chat with them in a block of text behind a computer. Either way, yeu can still care, regardless. And yeu can learn alot about them in both ways that yeu may not in the other method.

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by OneWithSoul View Post

Afterall, Edgar was right when he said this was Narcissist Paradise. I've concluded that TypoC is a way for people to love themselves even more..
    I don't recall saying TypoC was full of narcissists, but I do remember saying that TypeC is full of aspies.
    Listen to me, baby, you got to understand, you're old enough to learn the makings of a man.

Quote Originally Posted by Edgar View Post
    I don't recall saying TypoC was full of narcissists, but I do remember saying that TypeC is full of aspies.

There are plenty of narcissists in this forum.
    One in particular is at category 5 hurricane status.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by Edgar View Post
    Oh shit. I meant Victor.

(stupid Intuitard moment).

sorry.
    Is it that by its indefiniteness it shadows forth the heartless voids and immensities of the universe, and thus stabs us from behind with the thought of annihilation, when beholding the white depths of the milky way?

Permabanned
    MBTI
    xkcd
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/sp
    Socionics
    INT_

Quote Originally Posted by Jaguar View Post
    There are plenty of narcissists in this forum.
    One in particular is at category 5 hurricane status.
    Don't talk about yourself in the third person. It is narcissistic.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by spamtar View Post
    Did an online persona who was a female once. She was kinda a rough tom boy type with bisexual tendencies yet still quiet femme. She was icy cold yet humble and loner, kinda of a Kill Bill "ninja bitch".
    She could lay it into other female posters easier than a guy poster could do calling a woman on her sh*t or even the group on its sh*t. Felt kinda weird getting PM from guys who seemed attracted to the character, had to cut them short and coolly at the beginning to avoid going there.

The charade however felt a little disingenuous so I stopped. She got killed in a horrible car crash one day out of the blue, they never found the body..
    That's because she didn't actually die.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ivy View Post
    Gosh, the world looks so small from up here on my high horse of menstruation.

MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    9w8

it never even occured to me that anybody on a forum would act as anything other than themself.
    i agree with everyone who said personas are too much work...

Quote Originally Posted by MacGuffin View Post
    Don't talk about yourself in the third person. It is narcissistic.
    What's your excuse?