User Tag List

12 Last

Thread: Under the Knife

Default Under the Knife

Yes, just the other day I was under the knife for an hour and a half.

And interestingly I was given the same anaesthetic as Michael Jackson, propofol. And I think my singing and dancing has improved as a result.

But as I lay in the Recovery Ward, rather knocked around, feeling lonely and sorry for myself, to my surprise I received a phone call in my bed.

It was Michael who said he realised I couldn't speak but would I like him to read my favourite chapter of Wind in the Willows?

Well my dear Typologists you can imagine my reply.

So Michael read to me aloud over the phone Chapter 7 of Wind in the Willows, "The Piper at the Gates of Dawn", my favourite.

You ol' Typologists can read it here by clicking on -

The Wind in the Willows by Kenneth Grahame: Chapter 7

And while the doctor wielded his scalpel with consummate skill, I was cut to the quick by hearing Little Portly read aloud to me over the phone in my hospital bed.

MBTI
    ENTP

Ah and you said drugs weren't good

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    9w1

what is this i don't even

Quote Originally Posted by tinkerbell View Post
    Ah and you said drugs weren't good
    Well, you have caught me there Tinker.

But who can blame me - naturally I thought what was good for Michael Jackson was good enough for me.

And really we were so on edge about Little Portly, it was only natural to take the edge off.

But thank God Little Portly was found safe and sound as the Pipes of Pan faded softly into the dawn.

But how we perked up to see the quivering Otter discover his Little Portly waddling towards him, safe and sound.

And that is all that matters, isn't it Tink?

But from now on I want you to read every word I write in case you can catch me out again. Remember I am relying on you Tink, just as Otter relied on his two friends the Water Rat and Mole to rescue his Little Portly and return him home, safe and sound.

Quote Originally Posted by Ragingkatsuki View Post
    .....what?
    I am sorry to confuse you. But there are two Michaels in my post below.

There is Michael Jackson the singer and Michael my friend who was kind enough and creative enough to ring me in my hospital bed and read aloud to me my favourite chapter of Wind in the Willows.

I just realised you might have thought it was Michael Jackson who was reading aloud to me over the phone. But no, it was my friend Michael who was on the line.

No, I mentioned Michael Jackson because we were both given the same anaesthetic, propofol. And the anaesthetist joked that it might improve my dancing and singing.

However it was an interesting anaesthetic as it doesn't knock you out, but you feel no pain. So I was wide awake and spoke to the surgeon during the whole one hour operation.

Unfortunately it doesn't look like the operation was a success. But at least I had The Piper at the Gates of Dawn read aloud to me as consolation.

MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by Victor View Post
    Well, you have caught me there Tinker.
    LOL they don't call me tinker for nuffin....

Glad you enjoyed your trip....

Quote Originally Posted by tinkerbell View Post
    LOL they don't call me tinker for nuffin....

Glad you enjoyed your trip....
    It was actually scary but I was touched that my friend Michael would take the time to find my favourite chapter in Wind in the Willows and read it aloud to me over the phone.

MBTI
    ENTP

Drugs is bad LOL ... the hallucination is interesting very innocent and rather cute.... LOL I just read your responce to Rag above, YES I thought you dreamt Michael J read wind in the willows to you - which would be VERY cute...

Hope it all went well

PS the Wind in the Willows was written about the River I live on 3 mins away...

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    SLI None

Quote Originally Posted by Victor View Post
    I am sorry to confuse you. But there are two Michaels in my post below.

There is Michael Jackson the singer and Michael my friend who was kind enough and creative enough to ring me in my hospital bed and read aloud to me my favourite chapter of Wind in the Willows.

I just realised you might have thought it was Michael Jackson who was reading aloud to me over the phone. But no, it was my friend Michael who was on the line.

No, I mentioned Michael Jackson because we were both given the same anaesthetic, propofol. And the anaesthetist joked that it might improve my dancing and singing.

However it was an interesting anaesthetic as it doesn't knock you out, but you feel no pain. So I was wide awake and spoke to the surgeon during the whole one hour operation.

Unfortunately it doesn't look like the operation was a success. But at least I had The Piper at the Gates of Dawn read aloud to me as consolation.
    Aaah! I see. Sounds like you enjoyed it.