User Tag List

First 12

Thread: Under the Knife

Quote Originally Posted by tinkerbell View Post
    PS the Wind in the Willows was written about the River I live on 3 mins away...
    Ah the River, you must invite me over and read me Wind in the Willows to my heart's content.

And then I shall take you on a picnic by the River with our friends Mole, the Water Rat, Toad and Badger, and not forgetting Mr Otter.

And then we shall all retire to your residence and Mr Toad will ask you to read all of our star signs. And you will look at me knowing my attitude to star signs but being so full and happy and surrounded by my friends, I will nod and you will read our star signs to your heart's content.

And Mr Toad shall be agog saying, "I didn't know you had friends like this Victor". And I shall say, "It is a delightful surprise to me too".

And Mole will smile and Ratty will be sucking the end of his pencil and putting the finishing touches to a bit of verse he wrote just for the day.

Quote Originally Posted by Ragingkatsuki View Post
    Aaah! I see. Sounds like you enjoyed it.
    And that's only the beginning.

I asked the hospital chaplain to come to my bedside after the operation and read aloud to me.

So he asked me, what would you like me to read?

And I thought for a moment and said, Revelations, the last book in the Bible.

Are you sure, he said, wouldn't you prefer the Psalms perhaps?

No, I said, I want Revelations. I want the Apocalypse, the end of the world.

So he read Revelations to me and it was the perfect antidote to Wind in the Willows.

MBTI
    ISFJ

When I win the elections for President of the World™, I will have you be my pro-LSD spokesperson, Victor. You thwart the competition, really.

MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by Victor View Post
    Ah the River, you must invite me over and read me Wind in the Willows to my heart's content.

And then I shall take you on a picnic by the River with our friends Mole, the Water Rat, Toad and Badger, and not forgetting Mr Otter.

And then we shall all retire to your residence and Mr Toad will ask you to read all of our star signs. And you will look at me knowing my attitude to star signs but being so full and happy and surrounded by my friends, I will nod and you will read our star signs to your heart's content.

And Mr Toad shall be agog saying, "I didn't know you had friends like this Victor". And I shall say, "It is a delightful surprise to me too".

And Mole will smile and Ratty will be sucking the end of his pencil and putting the finishing touches to a bit of verse he wrote just for the day.

Sadly fictionalised river rats are all well and good but the real life version are none too cuddly...

But hey why let IRL stop a good image, I'll go picnicing with ya'll and read your horoscopes.... ah belss Ratty for writting a verse just for the day, always a lovely way to round and evening off.

The river is fearcely beautiful and green in the summer and rather derilict in the winter, the look of it would chill you t the bone... but it doens't stop keen rowers... who even quiet elderly manage to row most weekends.... brave souls...

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    SLI None

Quote Originally Posted by Victor View Post
    And that's only the beginning.

I asked the hospital chaplain to come to my bedside after the operation and read aloud to me.

So he asked me, what would you like me to read?

And I thought for a moment and said, Revelations, the last book in the Bible.

Are you sure, he said, wouldn't you prefer the Psalms perhaps?

No, I said, I want Revelations. I want the Apocalypse, the end of the world.

So he read Revelations to me and it was the perfect antidote to Wind in the Willows.
    So how was the operation? Your getting very sentimental.
    Is it cause your afraid?