12 Last

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    ILI

Default Programmed Fe Death

(Title is a play on Programmed Cell Death, which is used in certain Cancer Therapies)

I've known for a long time that my Fe is now a rotting corpse, but people don't. They expect my Fe to be alive.

I've gone through far more than my share of bad events for my age, but I noticed that when I was much younger, before all that happened, I actually had Fe.

I conclude that these events triggered Programmed Fe Death within me, which gave my Fi the edge to step in in its place.

In making descisions that require Fe, I instead use Ti, and use objectivity on the subjectivity, which doesn't always work out too well.

The question is: Have any of you experienced Programmed Fe Death? What is your impression of Programmed Fe Death? Am I performing a Cum Hoc Ergo Propter Hoc by linking Programmed Fe Death with bad things that have happened in my life? Have you suffered a Programmed Death of a different function? If so, please elaborate.
    I 96% N 93% T 75% P 63% 5w4 sp/sx/so ILI
    Ti>Ne>Te>Ni>Si>Fi>Se>Fe
    I'm interested in what you percieve me to be. Johari/Nohari

morose bourgeoisie
    MBTI
    INFP

Quote Originally Posted by Gewitter27 View Post
    (Title is a play on Programmed Cell Death, which is used in certain Cancer Therapies)

I've known for a long time that my Fe is now a rotting corpse, but people don't. They expect my Fe to be alive.

I've gone through far more than my share of bad events for my age, but I noticed that when I was much younger, before all that happened, I actually had Fe.

I conclude that these events triggered Programmed Fe Death within me, which gave my Fi the edge to step in in its place.

In making descisions that require Fe, I instead use Ti, and use objectivity on the subjectivity, which doesn't always work out too well.

The question is: Have any of you experienced Programmed Fe Death? What is your impression of Programmed Fe Death? Am I performing a Cum Hoc Ergo Propter Hoc by linking Programmed Fe Death with bad things that have happened in my life? Have you suffered a Programmed Death of a different function? If so, please elaborate.
    Can you be more specific?

Yes, I have changed due to traumatic events. It has effected my emotions and sense of vulnerability. Is that what you mean?

MBTI
    INTJ

In the case of feeling, how does one miss it when it's no longer there? One might notice it's absence, but would one be perturbed?

Are you perturbed? If you are, that would seem, prima facie, to be an Fi reaction, but why, oh why, would Fi be perturbed on the score of the absence of Fe?

(And if there turns out to be a more MBTI fastidious description of the perturbation--as it would appear in an INTP...?)
    Bellison uncorked a flood of horrible profanity, which, translated, meant, "This is extremely unusual."

Boy meets Grr

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    ILI

My death of Fe is not too unsettling for me, but others expect it. It makes me even more of a weird, cold outcast than a normal INTP (If you can imagine such a thing), and I'm disturbed by the effect Fe's lack of prescence has on others, not my own concern.
    Ti>Ne>Te>Ni>Si>Fi>Se>Fe

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Gewitter27 View Post
    My death of Fe is not too unsettling for me, but others expect it. It makes me even more of a weird, cold outcast than a normal INTP (If you can imagine such a thing), and I'm disturbed by the effect Fe's lack of prescence has on others, not my own concern.
    Well hey, I'm an Fe-averse INTJ and you're an Fe-null INTP, but between us both, if you're disturbed about the effect on others of the absence of your Fe, isn't that in fact you having, indeed experiencing, your Fe?
    Bellison uncorked a flood of horrible profanity, which, translated, meant, "This is extremely unusual."

Boy meets Grr

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    ILI

Quote Originally Posted by Kalach View Post
    Well hey, I'm an Fe-averse INTJ and you're an Fe-null INTP, but between us both, if you're disturbed about the effect on others of the absence of your Fe, isn't that in fact you having, indeed experiencing, your Fe?
    Not exactly. I'm not disturbed by their feeling of it as their reciprocation based on the effect of my lack of Fe. Basically my concern is totally selfish, but it acts through others. That is very confusing, let me elaborate... It is like this:

My Scenario:
    No Fe -> Bad effect on others -> Thinks I'm a cold bastard who doesn't care about others -> Treats me meanly, seeing that I am unsociable and don't care much about them

Your Scenario:
    No Fe -> Bad effect on others -> Thinks I'm a cold bastard who doesn't care about others -> I feel bad for making them experience negative emotions due to me

The Bold is my problem, the Italics are your inference.
    Ti>Ne>Te>Ni>Si>Fi>Se>Fe

MBTI
    INTJ

Well, Fe, so they say, is very like Te, in that--seen from the outside--it's directive and organisational. (He says, airily and with a vague sense of confidence.)

If that's the case, then your scenario is indeed Fe in operation. The affective part (he presumes) is tending you to be concerned about the organisation of other people's responses.

If "my" scenario were the one to obtain, then that'd be you having an Fi response, Fi being about internal operation of the person himself.

Like, for example, here I am thinking to myself, gee, given history and stuff, it's a bit upsetting to be discussing Fe like this, and even though I know the NFJs are resolutely not going to sweep in here and actually enlighten anyone and we might as well talk about this stuff by ourselves, I feel a bit odd about claiming expertise anyway.

That's Fi.

Maybe.

Boy meets Grr

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    ILI

I'm not organizing their responses, I'm charting a general trend.

The issue here is that my Fi is a very weak beast, and being treated meanly really smacks it around. Knowing that, Ti and emergent Te team up to try to come up with a circular problem with which to express it, taking my small Si I have and abusing it by smearing it across my memories to find some sort of correlation. Once this correlation has been found, they make a chart of the general trend and point out the different issues. In effect, it is a self defense mechanism employed by my T to chart this information as such, with which they found a solution that benefits my fragile Fi: Solitude

Literally removing myself from people and effectively refusing to socialize with people I don't already trust is compatible with my 96% I, and I experience incredibly small amounts of interactions, thereby lowering the trend, and decreasing the common harm imposed upon Fi.

Of course this process is seen as a cry for help, which it is not, it is merely a mechanism of helping myself out. My mind has found correlations and employed a reasonable solution, and my Fi has been feeling better recently.

BTW, there are many other things Fe does, such as picking up on, implementing, and respecting social norms and manners, which I have absolutely none of, making me a social outcast by my own accord. Voluntary Isolation has been an effective way of preserving my Fi in its time of need due to the abscence of Fe.
    Ti>Ne>Te>Ni>Si>Fi>Se>Fe

MBTI
    INTJ

I'm gonna pull a nasty Te trick here and say I still think your responding as an Fe user would. It's a nasty trick because it just throws the answer down without offering any discussion. That aside...

This chart... what's it about?

(Lord, bring us an INFJ sometime soon, we need the help.)

Boy meets Grr

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    ILI

The chart is simply a methos of comparing experiences I've faced (Si) and drawing conclusions from the various different things sorted on there (T-N tag team), and making a plan of action for future reference (Te)

And if I'm an Fe user, why is it that it never EVER shows? And nobody who meets me SEES me as an Fe user?

Extraverted Feeling
    That sounds quite inverse to me from my point of view...

Of coure it is hard for anyone to draw conclusions about me having met me online, wherein I'm more open, than in RL, where, if you approach me with even a pleasant greeting you will find yourself being shoo'd or ignored.
    Ti>Ne>Te>Ni>Si>Fi>Se>Fe