User Tag List

View Poll Results: Which would you choose?

Voters
40. You may not vote on this poll
  • Follow that voice, it could lead to adventure

    26 65.00%
  • Hide deep in that duvet, it could be an adventure that leads to your death

    14 35.00%
First 23456 Last

Results 31 to 40 of 67

  1. #31
    Nips away your dignity Fluffywolf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9 sp/sx
    Posts
    9,422

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by metaphours View Post
    You have a really good point. But are you saying you don't believe that beings which are typically related to the supernatural exist? Or are you just stating that the label "supernatural" is applied depending on the person?
    I believe it's silly to brand something supernatural and be done with it. Rather than curiously trying to quantify it and find facts.

    So basicly yes, I don't believe in supernatural beings. As well as think that people should be a bit more skeptical.
    ~Self-depricating Megalomaniacal Superwolf

  2. #32
    Nickle Iron Silicone Charmed Justice's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Posts
    2,808

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Fluffywolf View Post
    I suppose I'm saying that saying something is supernatural is making an ungrounded assumption. As you've pretty much proven. So what makes a being supernatural? Not the being. But the person making the assumption.
    The biggest leap that I would make upon hearing strange, unidentifiable voices, would be that I have lost my mind.

    I remember in college I was sitting in my apartment by myself one night. I was downloading some illegal music from Napster and all, and I started hearing deep male voices coming from my speakers. I was disturbed by it because at first, the voices were unintelligible and oddly deep, and I could hear them through my music.

    I unplugged my speakers and then plugged them back in, but I could still hear the voices. I called my mother to get some legitimate advice or theories(terrible idea and long before I started Googling everything, lol), and she starts talking emphatically about ghost and spirits. She kinda freaked me out because I was alone and all and I had no explanations, but my first thought paranoid thought was that I was being tapped for downloading illegal music. Turns out that my speakers had picked up some trucker's radio signal.

    Quote Originally Posted by Fluffywolf View Post
    .... Yeah... You're right, give it back to me. I wish to snuggle it.
    That's the spirit! Snuggle on..
    There is a thinking stuff from which all things are made, and which, in its original state, permeates, penetrates, and fills the interspaces of the universe.

  3. #33
    Nips away your dignity Fluffywolf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9 sp/sx
    Posts
    9,422

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by EnFpFer View Post
    The biggest leap that I would make upon hearing strange, unidentifiable voices, would be that I have lost my mind.

    I remember in college I was sitting in my apartment by myself one night. I was downloading some illegal music from Napster and all, and I started hearing deep male voices coming from my speakers. I was disturbed by it because at first, the voices were unintelligible and oddly deep, and I could hear them through my music.

    I unplugged my speakers and then plugged them back in, but I could still hear the voices. I called my mother to get some legitimate advice or theories(terrible idea and long before I started Googling everything, lol), and she starts talking emphatically about ghost and spirits. She kinda freaked me out because I was alone and all and I had no explanations, but my first thought paranoid thought was that I was being tapped for downloading illegal music. Turns out that my speakers had picked up someone trucker's radio signal.

    I once went to sleep and left my PC on. And the buzzing sound of the fan was starting to annoy me as I couldn't get to sleep. And during my half sleep I look at my PC and thought "Shut up!" and pointed at it. And at that exact time the computer turned off.

    And I was like...

    A few seconds later, I heard the thunder of a lightning strike and noticed the power had gone off. :P
    ~Self-depricating Megalomaniacal Superwolf

  4. #34
    cast shadows metaphours's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5
    Posts
    1,195

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Fluffywolf View Post
    I believe it's silly to brand something supernatural and be done with it. Rather than curiously trying to quantify it and find facts.

    So basicly yes, I don't believe in supernatural beings. As well as think that people should be a bit more skeptical.
    Debunker, eh?

    So you don't believe in supernatural beings at all? Or do you believe that nothing is in fact "supernatural?" Or am I just beating a dead horse by asking these questions?

  5. #35
    Nips away your dignity Fluffywolf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9 sp/sx
    Posts
    9,422

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by metaphours View Post
    Debunker, eh?

    So you don't believe in supernatural beings at all? Or do you believe that nothing is in fact "supernatural?" Or am I just beating a dead horse by asking these questions?
    I believe it is more likely that everything is quantifiable/explainable. Than something is supernatural. And therein lies your answers I suppose.

    Doesn't mean it's easily explainable, and it may be so complicated or based on perspectives alien to humans in that we may never understand it. Still doesn't have to mean it's 'supernatural'.
    ~Self-depricating Megalomaniacal Superwolf

  6. #36
    Nickle Iron Silicone Charmed Justice's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Posts
    2,808

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Fluffywolf View Post
    I once went to sleep and left my PC on. And the buzzing sound of the fan was starting to annoy me as I couldn't get to sleep. And during my half sleep I look at my PC and thought "Shut up!" and pointed at it. And at that exact time the computer turned off.

    And I was like...

    A few seconds later, I heard the thunder of a lightning strike and noticed the power had gone off. :P
    Haha, that's great! I totally got the vision of you doing that. I've had similar experiences too.
    I was standing in my apartment, same one, and I had a glass cup on the kitchen counter top. I heard an explosion as I was walking out of the kitchen. I turned around and went back in to find the empty, untouched, glass cup, shattered into a trillion little pieces, but unmoved. It had literally exploded on itself, and I was totally freaking out because I just didn't know something like that was possible. That is, until I Googled, "cheap, Big Lots brand(go figure), spontaneously exploding, glass cups.
    There is a thinking stuff from which all things are made, and which, in its original state, permeates, penetrates, and fills the interspaces of the universe.

  7. #37
    cast shadows metaphours's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5
    Posts
    1,195

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Fluffywolf View Post
    I believe it is more likely that everything is quantifiable/explainable. Than something is supernatural. And therein lies your answers I suppose.

    Doesn't mean it's easily explainable, and it may be so complicated or based on perspectives alien to humans in that we may never understand it. Still doesn't have to mean it's 'supernatural'.
    Good point, although, I don't think all supernatural events are completely or even partly explainable at the present time. It will probably take centuries for humans to gather enough information about the nature of the universe to be able to begin "explaining" supernatural events/beings/occurrences.

    Not to mention that some of these are easier to logically explain than others (for example: demonic possession = extreme mental disorder/extraterrestrial visitors = ?)

  8. #38
    Nips away your dignity Fluffywolf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9 sp/sx
    Posts
    9,422

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by metaphours View Post
    Good point, although, I don't think all supernatural events are completely or even partly explainable at the present time. It will probably take centuries for humans to gather enough information about the nature of the universe to be able to begin "explaining" supernatural events/beings/occurrences.

    Not to mention that some of these are easier to logically explain than others (for example: demonic possession = extreme mental disorder/extraterrestrial visitors = ?)
    The problem usually lies in testing and confirming the hypothesis.


    Demonic presence could very well be a disorder, but how does one go about proving it?

    It could also be something much more complicated, which is explainable, but just not by our current standards. Hypothetically, that is.

    However, that is infinitely more plausable to me, than it being supernatural.

    Quote Originally Posted by EnFpFer View Post
    Haha, that's great! I totally got the vision of you doing that. I've had similar experiences too.
    I was standing in my apartment, same one, and I had a glass cup on the kitchen counter top. I heard an explosion as I was walking out of the kitchen. I turned around and went back in to find the empty, untouched, glass cup, shattered into a trillion little pieces, but unmoved. It had literally exploded on itself, and I was totally freaking out because I just didn't know something like that was possible. That is, until I Googled, "cheap, Big Lots brand(go figure), spontaneously exploding, glass cups.
    Yikes, hope you threw them all out.
    ~Self-depricating Megalomaniacal Superwolf

  9. #39
    cast shadows metaphours's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5
    Posts
    1,195

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Fluffywolf View Post
    The problem usually lies in testing and confirming the hypothesis.


    Demonic presence could very well be a disorder, but how does one go about proving it?

    It could also be something much more complicated, which is explainable, but just not by our current standards. Hypothetically, that is.

    However, that is infinitely more plausible to me, than it being supernatural.
    Very true. I still think the word "supernatural" should apply to anything that is not readily explainable, though.

  10. #40
    Nips away your dignity Fluffywolf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9 sp/sx
    Posts
    9,422

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by metaphours View Post
    Very true. I still think the word "supernatural" should apply to anything that is not readily explainable, though.
    That's a subjective choice. A preference.
    ~Self-depricating Megalomaniacal Superwolf

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 42
    Last Post: 01-05-2009, 05:52 AM
  2. What would you do?
    By JivinJeffJones in forum The Bonfire
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 10-29-2008, 08:32 PM
  3. Replies: 67
    Last Post: 10-24-2008, 01:20 AM
  4. What would you do?
    By raindancing in forum The Bonfire
    Replies: 26
    Last Post: 03-31-2008, 08:21 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO