User Tag List

123 Last

MBTI
    ?
    Enneagram
    5w4

Default Post your cognitive functional hierarchy

Hey, I'd like to see people post their cognitive functions in a hierarchical manner, as you've probably seen around here on people's signatures and whatnot. To test for your functions, take this survey:
    Understanding the Eight Jungian Cognitive Processes / Eight Functions Attitudes

It will ultimately give you the percentage strengths of the various functions. If you notice that the results also guesses your MBTI type, but possibly get it a bit wrong, it's because they're comparing your results to the classical theories for each type's functions. For example, I'm an INTP, yet the theory goes that INTP's sequence follow this pattern:
    Ti > Ne > Si > Fe

However, mine goes something like this:
    Ti ? Ne > Ni > Fi > Te > Se > Fe > Si

If I then compare my results using the chart at the bottom of this page: The 16 Type Patterns
    to other types and their theories of function sequences, I notice that while I'm most like INTP, some things don't match. I'm also somewhat similar to ENTP, and maybe even INTJ, INFJ, or ISTP.

I was inspired by a thread about someone not fitting into their type exactly. This method seems to shed some light into some aspects that do not allow you to fit well into a type's box, while also showing you how you're similar to others.

Edit: Apologies if this is in the wrong forum. It might belong here: MBTI (tm), Enneagram, and other personality matrices - Typology Central
    "Stop it, you fuck. Give him some butter."
    Ti
    = Ne > Ni > Fi > Te > Se > Fe > Si INTP (I/PNT) 5w4

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5
    Socionics
    EIE

Well, since I'm an ENFJ it's supposed to look like this:
    Fe>Ni>Se>Ti

but it looks like this:

http://www.typologycentral.com/forum...exist-enfj.jpg

I'd also like to voice a question here:

Does my Se sholud really be higher than i.e. my Ne or Ti (just because it's the third cognitive function)?? Should my functions be arranged hierarchically from 1 to 8? It seems quite impossible to me, not to mention that it messes up the classic testing method, where you're tested on S vs. N, T vs F, etc basis. So having high Ne and Ni will make you pass this test as N, and according to cognitive functions you should have Ne lower than Se.

I'd really appreciate an explanation on the above.
    "Act as though it was impossible to fail."
    Dorothea Brande

I started a real blog!

Nips away your dignity Fluffywolf's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9 sp/sx

I'm an INTP and my heirarchy seems to be:

Ti -> Ne -> Fi -> Ni -> Te -> Se -> Si -> Fe
    ~Self-depricating Megalomaniacal Superwolf

Phantonym

Whoa. I did the test right now for the N-th time and this is the first ever when I've gotten at least a possible INFJ result. I think I'm starting to modify my answers as I've taken this test so many times, or my Fi is particularly lazy and taken over by Fe this morning (if that's even possible), it's usually right after Ni.

This is the result I got today - Ne > Ni > Fe > Si > Fi > Te > Ti > Se

This gives me ENFJ, possibly INFJ or ENFP.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

Ni > Ti > Fe > Si=Ne > Te=Se > Fi

Yeah. It's not surprising that I get along well with ENTPs, INTPs, and INTJs (but not ENTJs) at times, is it?

In fact, here's the breakdown of types I can resemble when forcing myself to use something other than my default functions...

1. xNFJ: Ni (1) + Fe (3) = 4 (lowest energy cost/most similar)

2. xNTP: Ti (2) + Ne (4) = 6

3. xNTJ: Ni (1) + Te (5) = 6

4. xSFJ: Fe (3) + Si (4) = 7

5. xSTP: Ti (2) + Se (5) = 7

6. xSTJ: Si (4) + Te (5) = 9 (highest energy cost/most different)

The rest aren't even worth mentioning...

To put this in perspective, even the EASIEST one costs more than it should. Most people have an Extraverted function for at least the second level, so they have an option that only costs 3 units. My cheapest one costs an extra one, and anything higher costs double the normal amount of energy.

MBTI
    ?
    Enneagram
    5w4

That's a very interesting way of comparing your functions to other types, Athenian200. I find that of the most similar types, even if I'm not exactly close friends with the person, I can still find an unwavering atmosphere of understanding between us. The similarities in the way that we function are strong enough to have an unspoken familiarity.
    Ti

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    9w8 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ISTp

*Points to signature below* A typical ISTP goes: Ti > Se > Ni > Fe | Te > Si > Ne > Fi

Even though my signature shows how much I use and/or the strength of each of these functions, Fe is still definitely my Aspirational role/4th function (even if I use it the second least). To me, use/strength does not necessarily equal function role. I have a book that shows me how each type uses each role, and it's pretty much dead on.
    I have an inner monologue that sounds strikingly similar to something off Animal Planet.

MBTI
    ?
    Enneagram
    5w4

Quote Originally Posted by StephMC939 View Post
    I have a book that shows me how each type uses each role, and it's pretty much dead on.
    I'd love to see that data if you could find a way to post it.
    Ti

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    9w8 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ISTp

Quote Originally Posted by The Decline View Post
    I'd love to see that data if you could find a way to post it.
    It's a lot to type up! Here's the e-book. Keep in mind that if the preview doesn't show your type, look at the other types' pages to find processes in the same function order... they're pretty much the exact same. For example, IXTP's have the same description of Ti as their first function. Or you could just buy it. I've posted a lot about this book on a few other threads... Try looking for the threads in the NF Idyllic about NFP tertiary demand. Here's a few examples:
    Si as the 4th function
    Te as the 3rd function
    Si as the 3rd Function
    Te as the 4th function

I'm beginning to sound like a broken record always quoting from this book.. but I can't stress enough how awesome it is :P
    I have an inner monologue that sounds strikingly similar to something off Animal Planet.

MBTI
    ?
    Enneagram
    5w4

Quote Originally Posted by StephMC939 View Post
    It's a lot to type up! Here's the e-book. Keep in mind that if the preview doesn't show your type, look at the other types' pages to find processes in the same function order... they're pretty much the exact same. For example, IXTP's have the same description of Ti as their first function. Or you could just buy it. I've posted a lot about this book on a few other threads... Try looking for the threads in the NF Idyllic about NFP tertiary demand. Here's a few examples:
    Si as the 4th function
    Te as the 3rd function
    Si as the 3rd Function
    Te as the 4th function

I'm beginning to sound like a broken record always quoting from this book.. but I can't stress enough how awesome it is :P
    The book preview has nothing on an analysis of the different types I was hoping for a chart or something that can be scanned easily. Oh well. Maybe I'll try to find a copy somewhere.

Edit: Their website has some brief data on it. INTP
    Ti