User Tag List

123 Last

MBTI
    infp

Default What kind of pain threshold do you have?

I have a very low level of tolerance to pain, when I was due to go into labour I was happy to take any drug they had to offer lol.

However my friends sister is opting for a second at home birth with no pain relief just as she did last time.

Didn't even scream or anything , just did the breathing and bob's your uncle, baby popped out with minimal fuss.

No way in hell thank you very much, I attempted no pain relief with my first child and after 10 hours of screaming and crying and begging for a shot of something (my ex husband was insistent that I have no pain relief and wouldn't let the midwife leave to go get me any) the midwife finally got away to go and get me some pethadine.

So on my second birth I was demanding an epidural as soon as I could, what an easy birth that was lol well worth it.

Tattoos are not painful to me, they are more like a slow burning sensation and are tolerable for a few hours, after which I need a break before I can carry on, yet I know others who could handle having their entire tattoo done (if it's a whole day job) without needing any break.

So how much pain can you handle?

Also, Is there a specific reason why some people are able to tolerate pain better than others?
    Echo - "So are you trying to say she is Evil"

DeWitt - "Something far worse, she's an Idealist"

Berb's Johari Berb's Nohari

MBTI
    ISTx

I'd say average. I liked how it felt when I got my tattoo though...

MBTI
    INTP

High tolerance I guess, but if there is a woman around I act like a trivial bruise, scratch or cut is the end of the world to bring out their maternal instinct so they will baby me.

MBTI
    infp

I didn't think men would do that.
    Echo - "So are you trying to say she is Evil"

DeWitt - "Something far worse, she's an Idealist"

Berb's Johari Berb's Nohari

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by BerberElla View Post
    I didn't think men would do that.
    If it's a serious injury we do the opposite, we try to hide it because women will make you go to a doctor or hospital. You can never succeed at hiding it though, they can sniff it out like bloodhounds.

MBTI
    INTJ

According to suhtistiks, ISXJs far outnumber dominant extraverted Sensing types among chronic pain patients. I conclude for no particular reason therefore that pain thresholds have some vague relationship with Si and Se. Or with being J.
    Bellison uncorked a flood of horrible profanity, which, translated, meant, "This is extremely unusual."

Boy meets Grr

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx
    Socionics
    IEI

i seem to be sensitive in general, but with a pretty high pain threshold.

i was sort of a tomboy as a kid, so maybe i just got used to the idea that a little scraping and bruising was a fact of life.

"We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars.."
    -Oscar Wilde

MBTI
    ESFJ

Did i mention i loved child labour when having both my children.

I would be a surrogate mum for a close family member if i could.

My tattoo's didn't really bother me, although the one on my tummy, it didn't hurt, but the vibrations on my ribs made me want to pass out. Luckily i didn't but my step sister did. lol

Lower back pain and Sciatica, now that hurts but i also think fear is involved there as i am scared of losing mobility. It is also a reoccurring problem and i have it at the moment so can't sit for long periods without ceasing up.

Apart from that .. Bring it on.
    “I made you take time to look at what I saw and when you took time to really notice my flower, you hung all your associations with flowers on my flower and you write about my flower as if I think and see what you think and see—and I don't.”
    ― Georgia O'Keeffe

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram

I don't know for certain, but I'd say my tolerance is higher than those around me. I base that observations alone -- Holding the entire length of the squat while other students in aerobics are faultering and whining, falling down off my skateboard infront of my friends and watching them rush to me as if it looked like I really hurt myself although I was fine, the multiple injuries and accidents I came across as a kid. Long hours of wearing gear over half my weight on my shoulders and running around as if it weren't on. I could go on.

I was VERY accident prone as kid, and I suppose I still am.. Not sure if that has anything to do with it, but it's a thought.

Quote Originally Posted by Alwar View Post
    High tolerance I guess, but if there is a woman around I act like a trivial bruise, scratch or cut is the end of the world to bring out their maternal instinct so they will baby me.
    Best response ever.
    Kantgirl: Just say "I'm feminine and I'll punch anyone who says otherwise!"
    Halla74: Think your way through the world. Feel your way through life.

Cimarron: maybe Prpl will be your girl-bud
    prplchknz: i don't like it

In Search Of... ... Kiwi Sketch Art ... Dream Journal ... Kyuuei's Cook book ... Kyu's Tiny House Blog ... Minimalist Challenge ... Kyu's Savings Challenge

MBTI
    INTP

Low threshold. The enemy will get all my secrets if they just take me to the dentist.