First 12345 Last

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    ILI

Low-Medium.

I don't like pain, but I can take some...
    I 96% N 93% T 75% P 63% 5w4 sp/sx/so ILI
    Ti>Ne>Te>Ni>Si>Fi>Se>Fe
    I'm interested in what you percieve me to be. Johari/Nohari

MBTI
    ENFJ

Absolutely pityingly horrifically low.

My body's first reaction to any injury whatsoever is to go into shock, so I don't even know.
    -Carefully taking sips from the Fire Hose of Knowledge

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    8w9

Quote Originally Posted by saslou View Post
    Did i mention i loved child labour when having both my children.
    Are you one of them wide-hipped, masochist women I've been reading about?

Habitual Fi LineStepper JocktheMotie's Avatar

I have no idea? Probably low. I tend to flip out when I stub my toe and stuff. I get so mad. JOCK SMASH!

Nips away your dignity Fluffywolf's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9 sp/sx

They say my threshold for pain is extremely high. I can be in great pain and not show it.

I nearly killed myself ones ignoring an infected appendix, apparantly. According to people that have a clue about it. I should've been squiming in pain. I also developped a tear in my achilles during football and kept on playing regardless. Resulting in scar tissue within my achilles.

That said, I've lived with major chronic pains throughout my childhood (heavy ass drumming headaches). And it might be because of that.

It's not that I don't feel pain less or anything, I think. But I can quite easily ignore it.

Moral of the story, high pain threshold can easily result in permanent damage, so I'm not too sure if it's something to be proud off.
    ~Self-depricating Megalomaniacal Superwolf

MBTI
    ESFJ

Quote Originally Posted by Salt n' pepper View Post
    Are you one of them wide-hipped, masochist women I've been reading about?
    .. No unfortunately. I do not have wide hips either, thanks

It amazing the 'mind over matter' when going through child birth. To actually be in control of the pain, even if it does really fucking hurt. Lol. Until about the last 15 mins then i turn into the devil incarnate and hell hath no fury than a woman giving birth. Please vacate the room everyone or else i will rip you limb from limb with my bare hands. Not a pretty sight. Love you.

It's cool, what can i say?
    “I made you take time to look at what I saw and when you took time to really notice my flower, you hung all your associations with flowers on my flower and you write about my flower as if I think and see what you think and see—and I don't.”
    ― Georgia O'Keeffe

Charting a course
    MBTI
    INFP

Um...high, I suppose. Lived with a tooth abscess for a week because I was too stubborn to go and get it taken care of. Drove myself to the ER after almost getting my throat cut by a 2x4 with a nail in it, which did leave my head lumpy and bruised on one side. Slammed my fingers in an ambulance door, and continued to work as an EMT even though two of them were purple and huge.

Enneagram
    4 so/sp

I dunno. How would I know my pain threshold relative to others when I don't know how others experience pain?

In general I think I am pretty disciplined and can push myself through discomfort/try to ignore it. And, I have had kidney stones more than once, so I figure if I can deal with that without making a ruckus and without pain meds (the first several times I had stone movement I didn't know what it was, didn't have vicadin or anything (which does help), and tylenol didn't help so I just gritted my teeth through 5+ hrs of pain until the stone stopped shifting around).
    "...On and on and on and on he strode, far out over the sands, singing wildly to the sea, crying to greet the advent of the life that had cried to him." - James Joyce

My Photography and Watercolor Fine Art Prints!!! Cascade Colors Fine Art Prints
    https://docs.google.com/uc?export=do...Gd5N3NZZE52QjQ

MBTI
    INFP

I have a pretty high pain threshold, I think. I played soccer on an apparently broken ankle for three months before going to the doc about it. Buuut I also tore a bunch of stuff in my knee a month ago and was convinced it was the end of the world.

I've hurt myself many different times in many different ways though, so the whole moderately broken bone (don't give me any of that compound fracture shit) and cuts/bruises stuff isn't too bad anymore.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

average...I don't know. I've never been in a lot of pain many times in my life, I'm quite good at avoiding it.