First 1234 Last

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Socionics
    ENTj

Quote Originally Posted by Nighthawk View Post
    Low threshold. The enemy will get all my secrets if they just take me to the dentist.
    Yeah, well, for me it depends. I can take hits while I'm active, be bleeding and not really care about it. But "planned", "conscious" pain - such as dental care - I have zero tolerance for.
    ENTj 7-3-8 sx/sp

MBTI
    INTJ

I think I have a high tolerance but it's mostly because I just accept it and move on, rather than paying attention to it.
    "You will always be fond of me. I represent to you all the sins you never had the courage to commit."

Reason is, and ought only to be the slave of the passions, and can never pretend to any other office
    than to serve and obey them. - David Hume

can't handcuff the wind Z Buck McFate's Avatar
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

High-tolerance. I feel it, yet it doesn't distract me the way that it seems to distract most people. I've given birth and had kidney stones a few times, neither of which seemed anywhere near as horrible as popular opinion suggested they would be. The only pain I can remember feeling which I'd classify as 'unbearable' was when my wisdom tooth got infected (and THAT felt like a nail gun shooting rusty nails right into my face, as some of you have probably already experienced). For the most part, though, ‘pain’ usually manifests for me more as a weird sensation than as an unpleasant one.
    Reality is a collective hunch. -Lily Tomlin

5w4 sx/sp Johari / Nohari

MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    9w8 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by FDG View Post
    I can take hits while I'm active, be bleeding and not really care about it. But "planned", "conscious" pain - such as dental care - I have zero tolerance for.
    This is exactly how I am. I can't do blood drives, I freak out over needles.
    () 9w8-3w4-7w6 tritype.

sCueI (primary Inquisition)

Phantonym

I have average pain threshold, I guess. I can have root canals done without the local anaesthesia but papercuts and bumping a toe against furniture can be sooooo painful I haven't broken a bone or given birth, so I guess I have something to wait for and test my pain tolerance

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    8w9

Quote Originally Posted by Nighthawk View Post
    Low threshold. The enemy will get all my secrets if they just take me to the dentist.
    Yep. Helloooo sedation dentistry. I'm a big pussy at the dentist and freely admit that. Outside of anything dental related, I have a pretty high pain tolerance. I had both of my sons drug free, dislocated shoulder relocated in the field so to speak (I did go to the ER after and my collar bone was broken too) I've had numerous stitches with no anesthesia and stuff like that. I don't shun drugs, they're great and I take them when offered. I guess it's how I access the injury or pain then decide how to proceed. I don't panic, maybe that's part of it. Unless it's the dentist. Then I'll cry just hearing the drill.
    I like to rock n' roll all night and *part* of every day. I usually have errands... I can only rock from like 1-3.

MBTI
    ENTP

It depends. If it is pain and I have blood from the injury (even a paper cut) I will probably faint. It is pain without me seeing blood, I'm usually ok.

Labor was ok for me, but it was also very quick. When they were monitoring the strength of contractions and it was high, it merely felt like my stomach was flinching. I didn't actually feel intense pain until the crowning (and I thought then that I had to poop) but the nurse kept on insisting that it was too early, I had only been in labor for two hours and couldn't possibly be ready to give birth yet. I think if they had monitored me closely, the actual pain would have been very minimal if I had pushed when it was actually time. Instead of thinking I had to poop for an hour.

Nickle Iron Silicone Charmed Justice's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFJ

My tolerance for pain is probably average.

I thought I was going to go drug free when I gave birth, but I went into the hospital having been dilated a number of cm for months, and my body went from 0-100 in about 20 minutes. I forgot all about that hypno-birthing, imagine yourself in a peaceful place stuff that I had paid for and practiced over the course of 5 months, and literally begged for anything in the way of meds. I was glad the drugged me up though, because I was able to enjoy the rest of the labor, which was only about 2 hours long from the time my first contraction began.

I usually manage other pains without medicine. I've perfected the," I'm not really in pain. I don't really feel sick" faces.
    There is a thinking stuff from which all things are made, and which, in its original state, permeates, penetrates, and fills the interspaces of the universe.

MBTI
    INTP

Pretty high tolerance. If you tell me something is going to be painful, I'll psych myself up for the pain, and then usually I'll feel it as nothing more than discomfort. I've never given birth, though.
    Something Witty

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6
    Socionics
    ENFp

I've learned that if I have something serious I will pretend it's nothing but if I have something minor I will whine about it. I've actually learned to tell how serious an injury is that way.

When my leg got dragged along a gravel driveway (I was in a pedal go cart though lol) I was arguing with everyone that I was just fine and didn't need to go to the hospital! My sister tells me now that I was shaking with my eyes closed while saying it.

I've heard the theory from a relative that your pain threshold is determined partially by how much you have to endure as a child. She thought I had a high pain threshold because of it. I really don't know if mine is high. My sister's is amazingly low though. She was scared to have a kid! lol