User Tag List

12311 Last

Thread: Body shape...

MBTI
    ENTP

Default Body shape...

Hi

I'm making this thread because I manage to derail a thread on boob size by talkign abotu leanring about dressing your own body shape....

I'm mainly happy about my shape, but my waist doesn't go in - no matter how much I starve myself. I went shopping last week with my neice and I tried on one of those waist hugger belt and I couldn't get it to join at all. She has a totally different shape to me, and she put it on and belted it with ease... she then pointed out that the reason I couldn't was beacsue of my ribs... MAN I've given myself shit for years about this..... and it's a skeletal issue... Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

I do firmly beleive that most women have no idea what so ever how to dress their body shape. It really does mean they buy the wrong things (or only accidentally get it right).... but it can make you look taller, hide the flabby bits and make a huge difference to confidence... Hence you can make your boobs seem more ample without drastic actions.

This goes for guys too, a collegue of mine turned up in a really expensive suit, which looked higgly piggly on im because it was for the wrong body shape.

Hence learnign your body shape, how to dress it and what will make the bad bits look worst...

Trinny and Susannah reveal 12 women's body types - which are you? | Mail Online

OR try Gok's consultation
    Channel4.com/Gok’s Style Consultation

a more gender balanced link

Which body shape are you? - Times Online

Phantonym

Cool, thanks, I love Trinny and Susannah

MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by Sky is BLUE! View Post
    I think that French women seem to be taught how to dress their frames very early on, because they do seem to have it off pat... even in cheap off the market summer throw ons, seem to work well for them..

Maybe it's just the grass is greener.

Ok bra sizes - which is where all this started. I used to get fitted fairly regulalrly, but it seems in the UK they suddenly dropped most womens back sizes and increased the cup size, hence it seems that it's all out front - not sure if it is fashionable, but I can say it's a LOT more comfortable to wear.

Properly fitted bras/and style of bra can help enormously at supporting bigger boobs or making smaller ones look more fuller. The difference in cut can do that alone....

MBTI
    ENFJ

This is why I could never wear junior's clothes -- they're made for people with no shape.
    -Carefully taking sips from the Fire Hose of Knowledge

MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by Haphazard View Post
    This is why I could never wear junior's clothes -- they're made for people with no shape.
    Indeed, I so want to be able to wear waited jackets, but my chest is too big for off the shelf womens jackets so I walk into the guys department and try on what I think looks androgenous in thier range - the male shop assistants just look at me and I tell them my chest wont fit in the womens jackets - which usually makes them laugh. They are less shapely than womens cloths...

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by Sky is BLUE! View Post
    that was awesomely done.

For reference, I'm more of a cornet/brick, my shoulders are bigger than my hips, and it's a pain. I just know how to dress to give myself curves and minimize shoulder size.

Quote Originally Posted by tinkerbell View Post
    Indeed, I so want to be able to wear waited jackets, but my chest is too big for off the shelf womens jackets so I walk into the guys department and try on what I think looks androgenous in thier range - the male shop assistants just look at me and I tell them my chest wont fit in the womens jackets - which usually makes them laugh. They are less shapely than womens cloths...
    That is always a bummer.

Some of the guy clothes are more roomy... but I really like the way most women clothes are cut differently.

I actually shop in the more popular plus size stores (such as Avenue) over here, and Boscov's and other places do carry some decent "women's" clothes that don't look like things my grandmother would wear.
    Quote Originally Posted by Haphazard View Post
    lol... some of these girls are like sticks.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

MBTI
    ENTP

I'm a vase I think....

I know what you mean about the shoulders to hips....

Why do women always want what they have not got naturally, I really want to wear waisted jackets to look more curvy but can't... I guess it's the grass is always greener, which is total nonsence

MBTI
    ENFJ

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post
    lol... some of these girls are like sticks.
    I know! It's so strange. I go to school and there are all these girls and they all look exactly the same, stick-thin with straight hair. Being more of a cello, I feel very... out of place.
    -Carefully taking sips from the Fire Hose of Knowledge

Nickle Iron Silicone Charmed Justice's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFJ

Difficult to figure out my body shape from these, but I can wear most clothes well.
    There is a thinking stuff from which all things are made, and which, in its original state, permeates, penetrates, and fills the interspaces of the universe.

MBTI
    infp

Quote Originally Posted by EnFpFer View Post
    Difficult to figure out my body shape from these, but I can wear most clothes well.

For real lol I'm looking and thinking huh, who am I?

I did a fashion course once and the tutor said I had a boys figure, and another said that I had the athletic physique of a racehorse so which ever one of those is boyish or horselike, that's me lol no hourglass figure here.
    Echo - "So are you trying to say she is Evil"

DeWitt - "Something far worse, she's an Idealist"

Berb's Johari Berb's Nohari