User Tag List

First 45678 Last

Results 51 to 60 of 155

Thread: Body shape...

  1. #51
    Lallygag Moderator Geoff's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    MBTI
    INXP
    Posts
    5,584

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by tinkerbell View Post
    Hard work to find but something for you guys....

    how to dress the male shape...

    http://www.itv.com/documents/pdf/dress_code.pdf
    Style advice from ITV? Wow... poor men. In any case, I am either "skinny" or beer belly depending on how much I eat.

    At the moment I am somewhere between the two, that perhaps should be called "normal" but isnt present in that pdf.

  2. #52
    Senior Member tinkerbell's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Posts
    3,487

    Default

    Berb - I have the same problem but from the top....

    Geoff, cut me some slack, there is very little I can find on dressing guys body shapes....

    We've not talked colour but contrasting can help lower emphasis

  3. #53
    Lallygag Moderator Geoff's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    MBTI
    INXP
    Posts
    5,584

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by tinkerbell View Post
    Berb - I have the same problem but from the top....

    Geoff, cut me some slack, there is very little I can find on dressing guys body shapes....

    We've not talked colour but contrasting can help lower emphasis
    Not criticising your efforts, just the results

    I think it'd be entertaining to be dressed by someone who knows how to look good (whatever the hell that means).

    Interestingly, I used to act professionally for the current presenter(?) of What not to wear, Lisa Butcher, in a previous incarnation. She did always look good, even when dressed for a trip to see her tax advisor!

  4. #54
    Senior Member tinkerbell's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Posts
    3,487

    Default

    I know, I wasn't hearing it like that, ut I'd have prefered a channel 4 link...

    I really think guys can make a lot mroe of themselves but just being more knowledgable about these things.

    Wow on the Lisa Butcher, I wish I gave more of a damn how I looked on a normal day...... I kind of like to be a-sexual cos I used to get greif/hassled which I hated... but I am now in the habit which I need to get out of. As for dressing for tax adivce... way over the top

  5. #55
    4x9 cascadeco's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Enneagram
    4 so/sp
    Posts
    6,931

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Haphazard View Post
    This is why I could never wear junior's clothes -- they're made for people with no shape.
    lol!!! I disagree, dammit!

    I'm quite petite and often can't find clothes that fit me in the women's departments of larger stores; therefore in a few recent years I've found myself going back to the junior department to try to find a few non-teeny-bopper items to supplement my wardrobe -- because they ARE my size! I was stick-girl as a teenager, but thankfully in college I filled out a bit.

    I do wish at times I had a larger chest and was of the more voluptuous sort, but honestly I'm quite happy w/ my body shape now, so..whatever.
    "...On and on and on and on he strode, far out over the sands, singing wildly to the sea, crying to greet the advent of the life that had cried to him." - James Joyce

    My Photography and Watercolor Fine Art Prints!!! Cascade Colors Fine Art Prints
    https://docs.google.com/uc?export=do...Gd5N3NZZE52QjQ

  6. #56
    mod love baby... Lady_X's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so
    Posts
    18,086

    Default

    i'm a pear i guess. totally fine with it. it's easy enough to dress.
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison

  7. #57
    Priestess Of Syrinx Katsuni's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    3w4?
    Posts
    1,238

    Default

    Checked the top link, nothing fit me, bottom one wouldn't even load >.>

    That being said... I dunno, I have a crappy figure. It's not big boned, it's not curved, it's not hourglass shaped or anything. I've got a flat chest, marginably noticible hips, and pretty much no curve in between. I'm not fat by any means but it's kinda lame it's like yay... the clothes that fit best for me are... childrens -_- Even guy's stuff often fits me better than alot of the "zomg curves!" that most women's clothing does.

    Now there are exceptions obviously, and fortunately women's clothing has a wide range of availability to it, unlike the poor guys where yeu have the choice of... "small to large" and "long pants or short pants"... which pretty much sums up the measurements they have to work with. No wonder their clothing's usually so bland, body shape and such practically doesn't exist for them outside of their waistline >.< Kinda makes yeu think about why so many get fat... I bet alot of it's because they just will never have that barrel chest they're expected to have because they don't have the bone structure for it.

    Oh well anyways, for myself, I have just such a limited scale due to the practical lack of breasts at all, I've got way too low body fat to really develop them, and because of this, virtually every woman's shirt fits poorly because it leaves it tighter in the middle and wider around the top... which is... nothing like 'flat straight down'. Yeu can practically hold a ruler from the sides of my chest to my hips and there's virtually no indentation in the middle >.<

    And it's not like I can make one, I'm already underweight, it just isn't physically there!

    In any case, I think the biggest problem yeu're describing though, is that there's "ideals" of whot yeur frame "should" be... and all the clothing's made with the assumption that yeu fall into this ideal frame. If yeur frame doesn't match, then the vast majority of clothing doesn't work for yeu. I can clothe myself just fine to look descent, but to really accent it is difficult since all the 'accenting' is usually done by emphasizing the curves yeu have (practically none) and trying to direct towards cleavage (lacking) or hiding yeur flab (nothing there either...) which leaves some of us kinda just like... alright so now whot do we do?

    But that's the problem... if yeu're EXPECTED to have yeur bone and body structure to be that certain way, yeu'll probably try to fit that model, and as most of the ads and clothing are aimed towards that, it's like yeu're presented with only the one choice anyway. So yeu never learn to truly take advantage of whot traits yeu do have because it's assumed yeu don't have them >.>

    Kinda makes it a problem, yeu'd think they'd want to emphasize that there are different body structures, and then try to encourage people to buy their specialized 'for this frame' stuff... but although that does exist to a degree, it kind of isn't nearly that common.

    Or at least around HERE it isn't... I'm in a tiny backwards out of the way area, the stores here are rather limited. Maybe it's less of a problem in larger cities, I dunno.

    Going by whot I see on TV though, I can't see it being much better, when virtually all the commercials except those reitmann's ones seem to assume the identical body shape every time.

  8. #58
    Sugar Hiccup OrangeAppled's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEI Ni
    Posts
    7,661

    Default

    I don't fit any of Trinny & Susannah's types, that I can see. If I had bigger boobs I'd be an hourglass, but my bottom half is not straight enough for a coronet either. My limbs are thin, and I have broad shoulders.

    I don't have a hard time finding clothes though. The hardest thing is finding jeans that fit well, but a little tailoring usually solves that problem. Pretty much my whole body is a size 2 except for my bubble butt .
    Often a star was waiting for you to notice it. A wave rolled toward you out of the distant past, or as you walked under an open window, a violin yielded itself to your hearing. All this was mission. But could you accomplish it? (Rilke)

    INFP | 4w5 sp/sx | RLUEI - Primary Inquisitive | Tritype is tripe

  9. #59
    Senior Member tinkerbell's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Posts
    3,487

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by OrangeAppled View Post
    I don't fit any of Trinny & Susannah's types, that I can see. If I had bigger boobs I'd be an hourglass, but my bottom half is not straight enough for a coronet either. My limbs are thin, and I have broad shoulders.

    I don't have a hard time finding clothes though. The hardest thing is finding jeans that fit well, but a little tailoring usually solves that problem. Pretty much my whole body is a size 2 except for my bubble butt .

    try Gok's consultation
    Channel4.com/Gok&rsquo;s Style Consultation

    All of these are rough's guides because we are all 3d....

  10. #60
    Lallygag Moderator Geoff's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    MBTI
    INXP
    Posts
    5,584

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Katsuni View Post
    Or at least around HERE it isn't... I'm in a tiny backwards out of the way area, the stores here are rather limited. Maybe it's less of a problem in larger cities, I dunno.
    Take a drive to Dartmouth Crossing. lots of new women's clothes stores. Don't ask how I know

Similar Threads

  1. Which body shape are you?
    By Tigerlily in forum The Fluff Zone
    Replies: 28
    Last Post: 06-24-2008, 12:11 PM
  2. Bodies the Exhibition
    By proteanmix in forum Science, Technology, and Future Tech
    Replies: 48
    Last Post: 05-24-2007, 09:24 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO